Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first AGDQ featured hours of YSG and some androgynous curly haired something or another with a caterpillar stuffed animal he/she was using as a scarf and awkwardly putting on people. Its been weird since it's inception.
I feel like the first agdq was like 7 guys in some dudes basement for a weekend.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speedrunning is pretty much the most autistic thing i have ever heard of. It make's bronies and the sonic fandom seem neurotypical.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
sonic fandom is a thing?
rrr_img_105334.jpg

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I'm glad they're gonna 100% Chrono Trigger, but who's gonna stay up until 4AM watching it?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I feel like the first agdq was like 7 guys in some dudes basement for a weekend.
It was and they raised $10k and change that first year (2010). It was called Classic Games Done Quick. In 2011 they started the winter AGDQ ($50k raised) and the summer SGDQ ($21k raised).

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Pokemon 151 run was pretty awesome to watch. Amazing how much new stuff they still find to break that poor game. Also goddamn they went from $750k to over $1mil fast. Wish I could have donated this year.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Speedrunning is pretty much the most autistic thing i have ever heard of. It make's bronies and the sonic fandom seem neurotypical.
Actually trying to complete the game the fastest legit way possible I think is interesting. It gets autistic when you have dudes spending months trying to find xyz trick to skip entire bosses/zones etc. and "beat" a game in 5 minutes.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Definitely autistic, but there's some crazy shit some of these guys can do. I was trying to find a co-op run of Lost Vikings after watching a co-op run of Battletoads and couldn't find any. There's only one video of a guy doing a speed run, sounded like it would be super slow with all the character swapping. Then I realized he's holding two controllers, one is backwards. Watch this shit. 2nd camera is close-up on his hands.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
That is on a level that I just can't comprehend. By that I mean using two controllers like that would just baffle the fuck out of me and possibly cause my head to explode.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
One of the ads they have cycling in the bottom right of their stream display is for "Something Artistic." Because of the vague script used, take a guess what my brain thought it was at first, thanks to this thread.

I raffed.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I did the same thing multiple times but I actually attempted to go to that website once due to my son being autistic and I was generally curious. Derp.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
One of the ads they have cycling in the bottom right of their stream display is for "Something Artistic." Because of the vague script used, take a guess what my brain thought it was at first, thanks to this thread.

I raffed.
It actually took me a while to figure out it didn't say "Something Autistic"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Was the chrono trigger run worth watching? I find essentia and her husband (I think?) annoying, but I've never watched a CT speed run.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It was interesting to see once. Some good discussion on RNG manipulation, the routing, and a couple of other bugs they leverage to get through spots (unequip, fade thing, save anywhere, etc...). I didn't find it overly annoying but it was 5 hours long and I only focused for like an hour here and there while doing stuff on other monitor.