Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Caliane

ah, interesting. so "we" should be asking various streamers and possibly game devs directly, to participate, if we want to see cool games.

Do we have anyone big into speed running here?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I don't think anyone speedruns on this board. A lot of the current speedrunners who go to the GDQ's are meme ones. Imo, a lot of the older speedrunners stepped out of the mainlight a couple years ago.

The most I've been able to do was leave the Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time before beating the Deku Tree lol. Also, infinite sword glitch

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a friend whose parents were super religious (he couldn't play Diablo with us because it was called Diablo) but they had ALL the Disney games. This block is awesome. Played the shit out of Aladdin and The Lion King games at his house.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember way back when getting some of the Disney games and beating them the same day as a kid. I guess cheap Steam games are the equivalent these days.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
We should run our own: Awesome Games Done Intoxicated

We could get buzzed and play old school games terribly.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sucks that the Axiom Verge run is at like 2am. It's a great game that I don't think many people played and could use some exposure.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like I watched a couple people here stream some Blizzard game drunk a few months ago.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't agree with that as a rule. Watching them manipulate the RNG to break Earthbound was really entertaining last year.
Completely agree with you. RPGs like that are great. RPGs where they hit X as fast as they can to skip cutscenes and dialogue can be really, really boring.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Watching that slut and her husband abuse setzer for 90% of the game for 7 hours is really boring

Szlia

if we want to see cool games.
Cool games don't necessarily make for cool speed runs thought.

For me it's high skill and/or cool glitches/exploits and/or cool runner and/or nostalgia. I usually get the full combo with PJ running Super Famicom classics.

It's also an opportunity to see games I did not play, even if, depending on the nature of the run, is not the best of showcase.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I haven't really paid attention to speed runs before, but they're pretty cool. What's the hardest game to speed run? Or like the top three hardest.

Caliane

no real way to answer that.

is hardest the most technical challenge?
is hardest, the one with the most rNG to fuckup a run?
is hardest, the one with the most tactical planning via going through the games code looking for glitches, etc?

Simas_sl

shitlord
I'd think the hardest games would likely have some combination of the first two. I didn't mean the last one. From the few games I've watched now it seemed like most had weird glitches I assume people had to spend a lot of time figuring out. In my mind that's something that takes place outside the run. Like it could be really hard to figure out that you have to jump at X point in some game and it just auto completes, but it would be really easy to do after you knew that. I would not consider that the hardest speed run, and I would be surprised to find out others did so.