Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I heard Oats did well with Kaizo Super Metroid

Oats is a cool streamer, one of the few I might actually stop and watch on Youtube if I see him doing a Super Metroid run. It helps that Super Metroid might be the most compulsively replayable game ever made.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
the Ocarina of Time Beta Showcase from TAS Bot was pretty cool

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Those Russians love cheating. Could not attend in person so he did the run remotely and aired a stitched together video for the DLC portion of the game.

Weird part is he documented how he planned it during the month prior and presented it after being outed and banned. He did not expect the community to do anything about it.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Going online only since Florida won't allow them to require masks and vaccines.

• 6Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 7 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And nothing of value was lost. Great business opportunity I think for someone to form a rival organization to GDQ, just take an anti-censorship, anti-politics stance from the start and stick to it, and GDQ would fall into the dustbin of history.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
HAHAHA!

No one should watch or participate in ANY of their shit after this. Cancel them right back.

• 3Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
HAHAHA!

No one should watch or participate in ANY of their shit after this. Cancel them right back.
I organically clicked their stream once in the last year, saw "SHE/HER" and "HE/HIM" and noped out, forever. They're totally batshit crazy, it's awesome how clearly and concisely just seeing two or four words indicates to everyone that someone or an entire organization is completely insane.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, without autists, weirdos, trannies, there's no GDQ.

This just seems like a win/win for both sides, I dunno why anyone is making a big deal about it.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I would love a speedrunning event that was about speedrunning and not the speedrunning community, I don't think most people give two shits about the community but I am old and out of touch. A competing event inviting people banned from GDQ (depending on the reason) would be interesting but is there a point? Speedrunning is a pretty niche thing as it is and diluting the market place might not be a good thing in the long run because you know GDQ will pull a "If you attend the Speedrunners for Freedom event you are supporting fascism and are no longer welcome at our events" and who could blame them? Gamers gonna game, be it a game or system; gamers gonna game.

I stopped watching because they took it all too seriously. It's video game playing, maybe at that super high end it isn't about having fun anymore but for everyone else it is. Speedrunning is never going to be taken seriously as a sport or anything else outside of it's own community, the events should reflect the fun of playing the games not the super duper serious business of speedrunning. However, like I said; I am old and out of touch.

• 1Slow

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
what you want to do is wait a week til after the event is over, then just pick the games you want to watch on GDQ VODs

that way you can just click "run start" on the youtube chapter and skip most of the other shit and just watch a game get broken in half.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users