Azrayne's drug geek thread

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Well that didn't go to planned. After dropping to 0.25mg suboxone. I ended up waiting 2 weeks for my doctor to authorize subutex prescription, because I was told that subutex could be prescribed on a monthly basis (as opposed to going to the the chemist twice a week for suboxone). Finally the bullshit bureaucracy clears it, only to tell me at the last minute that there was no difference at all - on top of which, the subutex tablets were even harder to divide up than the suboxone strips.

Started dropping the dose by 1/4 a week, 0.1875mg, then 0.125mg last Friday. Thinking I'll spread things out a bit by keeping this rate up until I hit 0.0625mg, I'm pretty sure most of it is just placebo at that stage, but more or less every source says the longer you drag it out, the better it will be.

Also smoked a bunch of ice last night, so I'm kinda twacked. New hookup more or less landed on me by accident. Top shelf shard, even if his bags are a little under weight, and I figured I feel so ass hanging out from the subs that I might as well give myself a day or two to chill out and have enough energy to get out of bed. Literally had someone rock up at my door with a pipe and a few points, at which point that meth momentum kicked it and next thing you know....

Fuck I need to get out of this city. So easy to stumble into shit here without even trying. Once I get off the subs I'm planning to take the chance to travel the country a bit, just figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to be without drugs.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Well that didn't go to planned. After dropping to 0.25mg suboxone. I ended up waiting 2 weeks for my doctor to authorize subutex prescription, because I was told that subutex could be prescribed on a monthly basis (as opposed to going to the the chemist twice a week for suboxone). Finally the bullshit bureaucracy clears it, only to tell me at the last minute that there was no difference at all - on top of which, the subutex tablets were even harder to divide up than the suboxone strips.

Started dropping the dose by 1/4 a week, 0.1875mg, then 0.125mg last Friday. Thinking I'll spread things out a bit by keeping this rate up until I hit 0.0625mg, I'm pretty sure most of it is just placebo at that stage, but more or less every source says the longer you drag it out, the better it will be.

Also smoked a bunch of ice last night, so I'm kinda twacked. New hookup more or less landed on me by accident. Top shelf shard, even if his bags are a little under weight, and I figured I feel so ass hanging out from the subs that I might as well give myself a day or two to chill out and have enough energy to get out of bed. Literally had someone rock up at my door with a pipe and a few points, at which point that meth momentum kicked it and next thing you know....

Fuck I need to get out of this city. So easy to stumble into shit here without even trying. Once I get off the subs I'm planning to take the chance to travel the country a bit, just figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to be without drugs.

Never got into hardcore addictive shit, but I totally understand and relate to the experience of being in the environment where drugs just land in your lap, and how easy and comfortable it is to hang out with other who do, in places where folks are OK with you being fucked up. I miss hanging out at party drug houses.

That being said, I didn't have to leave the city to escape that. I just had to stop. And stop providing others. It's amazing and also sucks how fast your list of friends dry up when you realize they're all ties to your own addictions. "Friends". They need a new, real Netflix show on that exact premises.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
20171217_204925.jpg

Had a friend give me some N, N DMT to try going to try it later tonight. Not experienced with it at all. I am fully experienced with psilocybin and LSD but I believe DMT is a lot different. As in a lot more intense and shorter, shall find out later. Have heard good things though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are there any suggested good resources for starting a Psilocybin mushroom farm in my closet?

Since these have medical application when taken at low doses (anti-depressant effect minus the side effects) I don't see why this info would not be around somewhere. Hopefully you find something.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are there any suggested good resources for starting a Psilocybin mushroom farm in my closet?

Depending on the laws where you live, you should be able to purchase spores at a local headshop.

Then you mix the spores and sterile water in a sterile syringe, one of the large ones.

Next you need a suitable cake to inoculate. I have used ground up organic rice and boiling water to sterilize it.

The cakes must be room temperature when inoculated. Using mason jars or glass container is probably best. I have done it in cheap tupperware too.

Seal the cakes and put them in a cool dark room. They will begin to grow white fuzzy mycelium.

Once the cakes are completely covered in mycelium, put them in the fridge for like 12 hours, then take them out and remove the lid.

You will have mushrooms a couple days after this.

When you pick the mushroom, take a couple caps and let them dry spore side down on a photograph or other glossy or laminated surface. This will provide you with a spore print and about 100x more spores than the package you bought at the beginning. Fill the syringe and your ready to go for the next batch.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 158115

Had a friend give me some N, N DMT to try going to try it later tonight. Not experienced with it at all. I am fully experienced with psilocybin and LSD but I believe DMT is a lot different. As in a lot more intense and shorter, shall find out later. Have heard good things though.

why is it in a gel cap? just for storage i hope? it isn't orally active under normal physiological conditions.

elbas

Molten Core Raider
Can someone describe how eating X amount of cannabis differs from smoking X amount? Even though it's the same amount in both cases, I would guess there would be differences in the effects you'd feel. How much longer would it take to feel the effects and how different would the effects be?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Can someone describe how eating X amount of cannabis differs from smoking X amount? Even though it's the same amount in both cases, I would guess there would be differences in the effects you'd feel. How much longer would it take to feel the effects and how different would the effects be?

confusion on the topic is rampant, as you could probably tell since i feel like you did some research before asking here. people often report needing to eat more cannabis than they would have to smoke in order to get the same effect, but people also often report eating too much and freaking the fuck out.

generally you will need larger doses than you would smoke, but it's realistically more in the 1.5x-3x higher range than the large amounts most people report.

eating on a relatively empty stomach with a small amount of an oily food helps absorption. part of why cannabutter is more effective than straight up eating weed.

there is a myth that floats around that you need to heat weed to "activate" the THC via decarobxylation. this is a bit false. heating the weed prior to consumption will increase the speed at which you feel the effects, but your digestive system is fully capable of decarboxylating weed on its own. i've straight up just stuffed ground up marijuana into a gel cap and swallowed it and gotten good effects.

the gradual comeup is one of the reasons that eating weed is a qualitatively different experience than smoking it. the other reason is that eating it produces more 11-hydroxy-THC than smoking it. there isn't a lot of easily digestible science out there about why, but the common belief is that 11-OH-THC crosses the blood brain barrier more readily than regular THC. this is part of why edibles are often an experience of "i'm not feeling anything.... i'm not feeling anything... OH FUCK I'M FEELING IT." your body takes a bit longer to process the THC this way, but once it does it enters your CNS pretty fast.

ultimately, tho, everyone has slightly different biology and reacts to edibles in a different way. if you have enough to play around with, then i'd suggest playing around with the dosage a bit, just like responsible use of any drug -- starting with a low dosage and gradually working your way up every few days (no redosing if you think you're not feeling it). people tend to shy away from this method, because they don't want to end up wasting a day to a dose so low as to be a dud. but if you want to truly find out what's best for you, it's best to use this semi-scientific rigor in your self-experimentation.

if you don't feel like fucking around with cannabutter or baking, but still want to try heating before eating, you could just pop it in the microwave for a few secs. Timothy Leary (yeah, the Harvard guy that got famous for proselytizing LSD in the hippie era) used to make "Firecrackers" by making a mini sandwhich out of two crackers, peanut butter or cheese, and a sprinkle of marijuana, popped in the microwave just long enough to get the peanut butter/cheese a bit gooey (the oil in the PB/cheese helps absorption)

an appropriate place to start for an oral dose would probably be about 1 gram.

• 2Like

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
the gradual comeup is one of the reasons that eating weed is a qualitatively different experience than smoking it. the other reason is that eating it produces more 11-hydroxy-THC than smoking it. there isn't a lot of easily digestible science out there about why, but the common belief is that 11-OH-THC crosses the blood brain barrier more readily than regular THC. this is part of why edibles are often an experience of "i'm not feeling anything.... i'm not feeling anything... OH FUCK I'M FEELING IT." your body takes a bit longer to process the THC this way, but once it does it enters your CNS pretty fast.

Edibles can be fucking sneaky, while I was out in Denver for Dreamhack I picked up a thing of 100mg (10mg per gummy) edibles and I wasn't feeling much so I ate a second piece. Well then we went and got lunch which was basically nothing but greasy pizza or burgers. Like 30 min after eating it went from like "hey I feel it" to "....I can't feel my legs, do they even work anymore? I don't want to stand up in case I just topple over....fuck what do I do" while in the middle of a crowded BYOC hall. Took a few min but got my bearings and was like it'd just weed you idiot get up and walk around. After that everything was fucking great.

edit: I smoke a bunch so it wasn't like first time experience, but only had home made less than potent edibles up to that point too.

• 2Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have any good albums for tripping to? My favorites so far have been Dark Side of the Moon (of course) and Random Access Memories. Discovery was pretty good, but I thought Too Long was too long, and A$AP Rocky's At Long Last was enjoyable, but lacked the emotional oomph of other albums. I want to try Moby's Play next time, but I'm not sure.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have any good albums for tripping to? My favorites so far have been Dark Side of the Moon (of course) and Random Access Memories. Discovery was pretty good, but I thought Too Long was too long, and A$AP Rocky's At Long Last was enjoyable, but lacked the emotional oomph of other albums. I want to try Moby's Play next time, but I'm not sure.

depends what you're looking for. "out there" trippy or "introspective" trippy?

this album is one of my all time favorites for introspective.
leaves enough room to think but builds up enough to move you.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this one is also really great in the same way

note that they are both purely instrumental, no vocals

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm, I definitely prefer vocals for my trip albums. What I really like are albums that are a little bit of everything, and have at least one truly awesome climax (e.g. Dark Side of the Moon's Money, or Random Access Memories' Touch and Contact). Albums that make the patterns do really cool things, you know.

First time I saw the music in Random Access Memories (~500µg of acid) was as good as sex.

elbas

Molten Core Raider
there is a myth that floats around that you need to heat weed to "activate" the THC via decarobxylation. this is a bit false. heating the weed prior to consumption will increase the speed at which you feel the effects, but your digestive system is fully capable of decarboxylating weed on its own. i've straight up just stuffed ground up marijuana into a gel cap and swallowed it and gotten good effects.

Thanks for the info. Can you describe how the length of the high and how it differs over time when eating versus smoking? That is, when you smoke, you feel the effects almost immediately and they peak rapidly, and then they gradually dissipate over time. How would you describe the overall experience when you eat it? Once you start to feel the effects, is the length of the high similar? Is the peak more at the beginning or is more like a gradual ramp up and then ramp down?

I'm primarily interested in this info to help with sleep. If eating it had a longer delay before it kicked in, that would actually be more beneficial for my situation. I can fall asleep fine, but it's staying asleep that's a problem for me. So if there's a way to delay the effect and have it last longer, that would be advantageous.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the info. Can you describe how the length of the high and how it differs over time when eating versus smoking? That is, when you smoke, you feel the effects almost immediately and they peak rapidly, and then they gradually dissipate over time. How would you describe the overall experience when you eat it? Once you start to feel the effects, is the length of the high similar? Is the peak more at the beginning or is more like a gradual ramp up and then ramp down?

I'm primarily interested in this info to help with sleep. If eating it had a longer delay before it kicked in, that would actually be more beneficial for my situation. I can fall asleep fine, but it's staying asleep that's a problem for me. So if there's a way to delay the effect and have it last longer, that would be advantageous.

takes significantly longer to kick in when eating it vs. smoking it, of course. once effects do start to develop, tho, you get thrown into the midst of it pretty quickly. when eating it, the body feeling gets more pronounced, effects like "couch lock" happen more with eating. eating will last longer.

sounds from your second paragraph like eating it is indeed what you should be doing

i scribbled a quick little graph of the difference between smoking and eating, going to upload it from my phone in my next post

• 1Like