Azrayne's drug geek thread

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Vertical slope on edibles needs to be steeper. Also needs to have a 2nd rise as you become a space cadet from eating another dose 10m before the first high because you weren't feeling anything.

Have been hilariously (at least it is funny now) high off of edibles. They definitely creep up on you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the peak heights aren't quite right either, was mostly just going for the general timeline :)

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Any idea's on a place to get powdered capsule flucanazole without it being too terribly sketchy imported stuff? Need like 8-9,000mg (so about 40-50 200mg tablets) for my saltwater aquarium for a bryopsis algae outbreak.

This is about cheapest I've found other reefers using, was hoping to knock about $70 or so down to $40 because I'm cheap. (Have a feeler out to local vets, even this source I'm a little nervous about source, dont need to dose tank with the med contaminated in other things that normally benign but in aquarium can wipe out coral. ) Fish Fluconazole 200mg (Fish Flucon)

Nissir

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, I am in my early 40s and due to my choice of professions I had never tried weed. Over NYE I took what should have been 3x the normal dosage in edibles that had been obtained from a highly recommended dispensary in a state where it is legal. Experienced friends took normal dosages or even halves, and they had a very positive experience. Now, I am a bigger guy (in the 250 pound range) but shouldn't I have had some sort of reaction?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So, I am in my early 40s and due to my choice of professions I had never tried weed. Over NYE I took what should have been 3x the normal dosage in edibles that had been obtained from a highly recommended dispensary in a state where it is legal. Experienced friends took normal dosages or even halves, and they had a very positive experience. Now, I am a bigger guy (in the 250 pound range) but shouldn't I have had some sort of reaction?

lots of people say they don't feel anything their first time trying it. i was one of those people, tho i smoked it my first time.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Something like 1:5 people experience nothing from edibles, says my buddy who experiences nothing from edibles. You might be stuck smoking or vaping.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
First time I smoked, I literally smoked all night and nothing happened other than crazy munchies. As in I ate three large bags of doritos. The second time was completely different.

• 1Solidarity

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I can confirm. I hadn't really touched weed in 15+ years until recently. Got settled in my career and a co-worker gave me some edibles and hits from a pipe last year camping. Felt nothing from smoking for hours. Finally gave me more edibles and later in the night I was definitely not normal but not really stoned either, hard to explain.

Fast forward to now, living in legal land (California) I do edibles from time to time and definitely get stoned.

I wonder what the biological mechanism is for new people not feeling it.

I buy tins of gummies or chocolates...10-20mg does me good. I had a piece of chocolate from this girl I hang out with and it gave me a very singular trippy experience a few weeks back. We were watching MST3K and certain sounds sounded like they were in 3d, but not others. One character kept rattling chains and every time he did it it sounded like they were behind me. And when one particular dude talked it sounded like it was behind me. Other people talked and it sounded normal. Weirdest shit. I think I got a bigger dose than expected. Had super tunnel vision then too. I would look at the screen of my cellphone and my eyes would only see it, it's as if nothing else in my periphery was there.

Last edited:

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have any good albums for tripping to? My favorites so far have been Dark Side of the Moon (of course) and Random Access Memories. Discovery was pretty good, but I thought Too Long was too long, and A$AP Rocky's At Long Last was enjoyable, but lacked the emotional oomph of other albums. I want to try Moby's Play next time, but I'm not sure.
late pass while catching up on the happenings.

I don't know if its completely in your alley, but since starting it; its seen some 4.5k views. I haven't added many in awhile as i'm working on an MDMA list currently. It's just musing of edm, some funny memes to kick you randomly and quite a few visuals. Love loading it up on some good speaker/subs, living in blankets/pillows, and having it autoplaying on a screen somewhere(we're projecting it on the ceiling on our next trip.) Gone through it w/ 800ug of acid numerous times.

400ug - YouTube

Shit like this can get extremely intense while tripping and you have a good set of speakers. I have a pair of audioengine a5+ and its pure nut.

I'll prob add more in the next few weeks when I find em and try em out. I'm usually editing based off my own trips with friends and such.

edit;
If you're looking for something with that classic-y tune. This is more a second hand recommendation, because I pref the bassline, funk, and so on for cosmic surfing.

But King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizards; if you like them I can ask my roommate to his pandora box of this type of music. Hes a very Pink Floyd, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, ectectect kinda guy.. so hes got a few band names. Things like Tame Impala and Washed Out can fit in this category too. All of them atleast have -a- song in my play list.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Never got into hardcore addictive shit, but I totally understand and relate to the experience of being in the environment where drugs just land in your lap, and how easy and comfortable it is to hang out with other who do, in places where folks are OK with you being fucked up. I miss hanging out at party drug houses.

That being said, I didn't have to leave the city to escape that. I just had to stop. And stop providing others. It's amazing and also sucks how fast your list of friends dry up when you realize they're all ties to your own addictions. "Friends". They need a new, real Netflix show on that exact premises.

Crazy late reply, but yeah, a huge part of it is just restructuring life so you're not constantly exposed to shit. It's one thing to wake up and not feel like taking drugs, but a whole other thing to have them shoved in your face and still say no. Especially since people so often have an ulterior motive for offering them to you - if nothing else, they wanna get high themselves, and they figure it'll be more fun with company (which, in fairness, it is) regardless of the consequences.

The flip side is that this city is literally saturated with meth (it's insanely, disgustingly easy to get), and because I've done most of my drug use here, I have all these powerful associative memories with basically everywhere I go on a regular basis. Hard to stay sober when you have to do a mental tug-o-war every time you go through the CBD, knowing you could just go talk to the right people and get on in 10 minutes. Didn't realize how intense this effect was until I got out of town for a while and it lifted.

Had to tell a couple people to either not talk to me while high or not talk to me at all. Some of them I axed when it was obvious they couldn't do it - like you said, "friends" dry up when you no longer have drugs tying you together.

Others I've managed to keep in touch with, although it took multiple, serious, "don't turn up to my door with a fucking bag of meth" conversations before it sank in. Whole thing is just hugely stressful.

Anyway I'm high right now, so what the hell. I guess I figured I'd just drop off suboxone (this, at least, I managed - 3 months with no opioids in my system, longest I've gone since 2010) and go onto a new and sober life, but if you've spent your entire adulthood (and most of your late teens) obsessed with drugs, navigating the world sober is a bit surreal. Right now it seems the best I can do is grit my teeth 3 weeks out of every month, then just cut loose for a few days, get it out of my system, and give myself another few days to recover. It's not ideal, and I'm pretty sure I'm deluding myself with how much control I think I have over it, but I guess that's where I'm at right now.

Anyway, I dunno. Moral of the story:

hqdefault.jpg

• 1Like

Azrayne

No I've never done any inpatient work. Probably wouldn't have been a bad idea when I was heavy into the opiates and benzos, but I managed to reign that in so it never happened. Thought about it quite seriously for the suboxone detox, but in the end I figured I'd find it more comfortable at home where I could manage my own regimen and environment. And I did get off, so it worked.

Might give it a shot when it comes time to jump off the valium, given how brutal benzo withdrawals supposedly are, but I'll wait a few months until I'm closer to that point before I make up my mind.

As far as the current issue with meth and booze goes, I've discussed it with my psych, but we concluded that it probably wasn't the right fit since I'm not a daily user, just a sporadic binger. Part of me thinks I maybe just have to get it out of my system - the other part thinks that's just justification, so who knows? What I do know right now is that it's easier to throw the black dog a bone once in a while so it leaves me alone for another few weeks than to constantly wrestle with it.

I have been looking into support groups, namely NA and SMART Recovery. I was always skeptical of them, but some people I have major respect for (and who were far worse off back in the day than I've ever been) say it made a huge difference for them. So I'll probably at least suss it out, not like I have anything to lose at this stage. And it would be good to speak to people who've been there done that - my shrink goes above and beyond to help out, but she's never even smoked weed, so she doesn't really get it.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
acquired 80mg of 4-AcO-DMT to work with. haven't taken a 5HT-2A agonist in three or four years, pretty nervous. hear it's good for people with end-of-life anxiety tho, so i'm going to give it a shot...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
acquired 80mg of 4-AcO-DMT to work with. haven't taken a 5HT-2A agonist in three or four years, pretty nervous. hear it's good for people with end-of-life anxiety tho, so i'm going to give it a shot...

Have fun, report back. Might see the trolls.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

How available is this? I have a friend in his late 80's that needs that kind of treatment.

Azrayne

30725142_1926131500980767_8793379513004531412_n (1).jpg

But seriously, this has become a full blown habit, been caning it for the last 2 months and think I should call it quits while I'm ahead. Checking into detox on Wednesday, followed by another week out of town to get my head together. Wish me luck FOH, and remember, drugs are bad, mmmk.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users