Azrayne's drug geek thread

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok, that makes more sense. K lasts like 30min, so even if someone is unintentionally k-holed, you just feed them some sugar water and 20min later they are good to go.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yup, I loved K, was easily one of my favorite drugs, there's nothing out there quite like it. Just be careful about combining it with booze/other downers and don't take it somewhere where you can't fall unconscious safely, and it's pretty hard to mess up.

It can be pretty addictive though, so watch out for that, especially since heavy use trashes your kidneys/bladder/urinary tract. I've known more than one person with permanent problems in that area, and one guy who had to have his bladder reconstructed entirely, but that was after hoovering several grams a day over several years.

Also:

Naloxone: Heroin overdose cure to be available over the counter as drug makes a comeback - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Naloxone, a medication that reverses the effects of opioid drug overdose, will soon be available over the counter in Australia.

It comes as professionals warn that once more heroin use is on the rise nationally.

When the change comes into effect in February, Australia will become just the second country in the world to make Naloxone available without a prescription, making the drug as easy to purchase as high strength cold and flu tablets.

Naloxone is described as being a life-saving medication with minimal side effects.

The drug works by reversing the overdose; it has no effect on somebody who does not have opioids in their system, and it is not addictive.

Australian Medical Association vice president Stephen Parnis said emergency department doctors used the drug on patients who they suspected had overdosed on heroin or morphine.

He said it was a drug he would only administer when a patient was at risk of dying at any moment.

''They have stopped breathing, they are blue,'' Dr Parnis said.

''It's often quite satisfying to know that very soon after giving that drug into a muscle or into a vein they start breathing again and recover fairly quickly.''

For years reform campaigners have argued that the drug's life-saving effectiveness means that Naloxone should be available over the counter.

It is an argument the regulator, the Therapeutic Goods Administration [TGA], now accepts.

Professor Paul Dietze, from the Burnet Institute for medical research and public health action, said it appeared to be a recognition that people were continuing to die from drug overdoses.

''The numbers are increasing a little at the moment, it has sort of brought it back onto the agenda and finally, thankfully, we're actually moving towards making it more available."
Australians are generally recognised as heavier consumers of illicit drugs

The United Nations' World Drug Report in 2014 stated that heroin seizures by police were up substantially.

So too are deaths blamed on the drug, according to the TGA.

More than 600 people died in 2010 from heroin and other similar drugs.

Professor Dietze said it was important to note that the approval of Naloxone was a change in schedule, rather than a reschedule.

Scheduling is a national classification system that controls how medicines and poisons are made available to the Australian public.

''So, it means that Naloxone will still be scheduled on Schedule 4, which means you can still obtain it on prescription.

''But it will also be available on Schedule 3, which means it can be obtained over the counter through a pharmacy,'' Professor Dietze said.

That is important when it comes to cost; those with a prescription could pay as little as $6 for a single use injectable.

But pharmacies could charge what they want to those who need it without a script.
Doesn't mean much for me personally anymore, but it's pretty huge progress for Australia in general, especially since this country is so stubborn about adopting common-sense harm reduction.

its about 10x-20x less potent than LSD, but that is still potent enough to be put on blotter.

i hate benzo taste haha. the only drug taste worse is Z-drug taste (the metallic taste that ambien and lunesta give).
Guess you guys don't get the same clonazepam pills we do - they give them a nice minty flavor here, so everyone calls them tictacs.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Coke wears off wayyyyyy too fucking quick for me. Awesome while it lasts, but ultimately the main effect of coke is the desire to do more coke. Way better stimulants out there if you don't mind doing drugs you didn't hear about in drug abstinence class in 5th grade.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Cocaine is great if you just wanna party and be social for a few hours. Meth lasts way too long for my liking. Adderall's my favorite stimulant but incredibly hard to find.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Azrayne's drug geek thread

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Azrayne viewpost-right.png
I spent a few years addicted to opiates (back pain, OTC codeine pills, tolerance, started extracting higher doses then went onto stronger pills, blah blah blah the usual story) a while back. Even before that I was really into the harm reduction thing because of the time I spent in the club/rave scene in my late teens/early 20's, combined with a natural curiosity/obsessiveness about all these chemicals which made me feel so great (and more generally in neurobiology, and altered states of consciousness - which I mostly achieve with meditation these days), and I ended up doing a lot of reading and research, spent a ton of time on forums like bluelight, etc. Throw in the 8 years or so of personal experience and that's it. I'm just a drug geek.

But yeah, Fentanyl is the go-to for EMT's this side of the Pacific as well - there was a big media fuss a few years back about ambulance operators who'd experiment with the leftovers, start stealing it and allegedly replacing it with water, etc, although I don't think it was actually that wide-spread a problem, just the media looking for something to scare people with. I certainly never met anyone who'd been involved in any of that, all the fentanyl I ever saw was patches, imported powder and once some taken from a hospital drip.

I lolled at the "allergic to anything but Dilaudid" thing because you're 100% right, it's total BS. Hydromorphone is rare enough here in Aus that most addicts don't even know what it is unless they've seen Drugstore Cowboy, although it's become a bit more common since they released the high dose XR pills I mentioned - in my 5 years of active opiate use, I only came across a source once, and that was obviously from someone who had knocked over a pharmacy or supply truck or somesuch (it was a huge stash of the 32/64mg Jurnista XR pills and vials I don't remember the dose of - given the vials, probably a supply truck, since I think any major hospital robberies would have hit the media). But yeah, online on the less reputable drug sites I see a lot of US addicts talk about the best way to get the best opiates, and most of the discussion is focused around getting hydromorphone.

As someone who's extremely oversensitive to the histaminergic side effects of opiates (to the point where I had to take an antihistamine every time I got high or I'd spend the next few hours throwing up and, in the case of morphine/codeine, breaking out in painful hives), I can tell you that in my personal experience, neither is more histaminergic than the other by a noticeable degree. In fact aforementioned morphine/codeine are the only opiates which stand out as producing allergic side effects stronger than the rest of the opiates - again, just in my personal experience (although I never did try oxymorphone or tramadol).

That said, and maybe this is just the junky in me, but anyone who specifically requests dilaudid is almost certainly an active user/probable addict anyway, and if they're in a situation where they're being dosed by EMT's then I'd think they're in very obvious pain and probably in a generally shitty situation, so I don't see the harm in just cutting them some slack and giving them the drug that makes them feel nicer for the ride to the hospital. But that's just me.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Azrayne viewpost-right.png
Hah. Like I said, I'm a drug geek. If I still used regularly I'd probably have a youtube channel or something where I explain the pro's and cons of different needle varieties and showed people how to use micron filters properly. I find drugs genuinely fascinating.

I have stories that are far worse than the IV suboxone one, but I save those for my shrink (and my nightmares).

Anyway, back to Johnny49's love life.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Xevy viewpost-right.png
I smell spinoff thread!
And here we are. Tell us once again of Wonderland, Uncle Azrayne Azrayne ?

• 1Haram
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Had a guy in for checkup the other day. Was fine, up and about, no injuries or objective pain. Ended up talking 20 mins on why he should be given a prescription for oxycodone specifically. Then he stole a wheel chair from the ER. Thought of your fine thread :D

• 2Like
  • 1Bullshit
  • 1Haram
Reactions: 3 users

Azrayne

Maybe he has a disabled dealer and is hoping to trade it for pills? Stranger things have happened. What was he in for in the first place?

More likely the dude is just an asshole though. But it's easy to build up a weird co-dependent/antagonistic relationship to medical professionals as an addict.

Anyway I'm kinda glad the old thread is effectively gone tbh, I didn't realize how whacked out I was on valium at the time and some of those massive meandering rants were pretty unreadable :/ But I'd still be happy to answer any questions or just talk shit about drugs.

For the record I'm down to 5mg of suboxone (I was on 24mg originally), if I stick to my current timetable I should be able to jump off it by the end of the year, and be totally opiate free for the first time in 8 years. Apparently jumping off the final dose is pretty rough for a month or two, but I'm looking forward to letting my body readjust to less chemical intake (and being able to poop normally again).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Okay, this thread is back, and I have actually had a question I've wanted to ask.

Is there a pill or liquid marijuana extract ( I don't know what the term might be . . . as you can tell ) that people can take? Sort of subtle and sneaky.

To explain, I have a co-worker, who I'm pretty sure smokes a bit of pot, outside of work who cares. But this guy will, at work sometimes heads off to the toilet, for a little while, enough time to take a dump. But then afterwards he has a red, glassy look to his eyes. Then kinda keeps his head down working, quiet and content to get his work done - a bit out of character for this guy.

So to ask a basic question: The red glassy look to the eyes ( that is generally a sign of pot smoking ) is it caused by the smoke, or is it an effect of the THC? You don't see that with cigarette smokers.

So with this guy at my work, it's a commonly used work toilet, he could never get away with smoking in there, so I'm now wondering if he's getting a quick hit of THC, or something else through a pill or liquid. Is there anything that sounds like what I'm describing?

Or is he doing some weird masturbate thing in there. Which I haven't fully ruled out either.

• 1Haram

Azrayne

Yeah there are all sorts of edibles (brownies, cookies, even gummy bears apparently), and tinctures - but they take a long time to kick in, and last for a long time. If he's sneaking off to the bathroom and coming back out immediately high then he's probably using a portable vaporizer like one of these:

portable-vaporizers.png

It works pretty much like an ecig - there's no fire involved and they just let off a small cloud of vapor which fades quickly, so he could easily be taking a hit off one of those in the bathroom without anyone noticing.

• 1Haram
  • 1Like
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 2 users

trex

Queen Bee
The vapes still put off a pretty strong smell. I don't smoke weed and am sensitive to that road kill stank. Like maybe he'd do it outside, but I don't think anyone is dumb enough to try and pull that off in their work bathroom.

He's probably just jerkin it

• 1Haram
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
He could be snorting something. There are no snortable marijuana products (the actives are not water soluble and therefore aren't able to cross through the mucous membranes in the sinuses), but lots of other drugs will turn your eyes red especially if snorted.

• 1Haram

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Maybe he justs has a really satisfying shit on company time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Okay, this thread is back, and I have actually had a question I've wanted to ask.

Is there a pill or liquid marijuana extract ( I don't know what the term might be . . . as you can tell ) that people can take? Sort of subtle and sneaky.

To explain, I have a co-worker, who I'm pretty sure smokes a bit of pot, outside of work who cares. But this guy will, at work sometimes heads off to the toilet, for a little while, enough time to take a dump. But then afterwards he has a red, glassy look to his eyes. Then kinda keeps his head down working, quiet and content to get his work done - a bit out of character for this guy.

So to ask a basic question: The red glassy look to the eyes ( that is generally a sign of pot smoking ) is it caused by the smoke, or is it an effect of the THC? You don't see that with cigarette smokers.

So with this guy at my work, it's a commonly used work toilet, he could never get away with smoking in there, so I'm now wondering if he's getting a quick hit of THC, or something else through a pill or liquid. Is there anything that sounds like what I'm describing?

Or is he doing some weird masturbate thing in there. Which I haven't fully ruled out either.

Dude is definitely smoking bud during lunch outside, then washing face/hair and trying to calm down and not burst out into giggles. Play a funny or terrifying video when he returns and see how he reacts. I had hospital coworkers who regularly blazed during lunch back in the day.

• 1Haram

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you use a tincture and rather than swallow it let it sit under your tongue it will fully absorb through the mucus membranes. I'm told it's very similar to smoking in terms of effects and duration (I've never tried, it sounds like a waste to me).

If I had a choice between smoking and edibles, edibles win hands down. Now that things are kind of taking off here in Canada it's pretty easy to get a hold of infused oils that are lab tested. It's very nice to be able to perfectly gauge every dose as too much THC via eating can be a seriously bad time. It's right up there up there with introspective nightmare mushroom/lsd trips and you're on that train for a solid 8 hours at least. Another note for anyone interested in edibles, your body can't really overdose on THC but at the same time if you take a boatload of it your body can only get rid of so much THC per hour. This isn't an issue for smoking because a couple extra hours of being stoned isn't such a huge deal but if your edible tolerance is shit and you take a boatload.. be prepared to be fucked up for 18+ hours (possible more if you go for broke).

• 1Haram
  • 1Like

Azrayne

Yeah I've heard a lot of horror stories about edibles. I only tried it a few times and I used tiny doses, which was actually really nice. A much more laid back, lighter buzz than I've ever had from smoking.

The vapes still put off a pretty strong smell. I don't smoke weed and am sensitive to that road kill stank. Like maybe he'd do it outside, but I don't think anyone is dumb enough to try and pull that off in their work bathroom.

He's probably just jerkin it

You'd know better than me then, weed isn't my thing. Kinda curious - does the vapor smell anything like the smoke?

• 1Haram

trex

Queen Bee
Yeah I've heard a lot of horror stories about edibles. I only tried it a few times and I used tiny doses, which was actually really nice. A much more laid back, lighter buzz than I've ever had from smoking.

You'd know better than me then, weed isn't my thing. Kinda curious - does the vapor smell anything like the smoke?

Gross. Weed is not my thing either. Had a particularly bad time with an edible in college once. I think the vapor smells like smelling a bag of weed, like not that nasty smoky cigarette hint, just like really strong pot smell. It does go away faster. Portland... I am so sick of pot. So sick of it. Can't imagine anyone wanting the effects of weed. Least desirable feeling in the world IMO.

• 1Haram
  • 1Rustled