Babylon (2022)

Goatface

2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Babylon (2022)

Tagline: Always make a scene.

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Damien Chazelle

Cast: Margot Robbie, Diego Calva, Brad Pitt, Li Jun Li, Jean Smart, Tobey Maguire, Olivia Wilde, Jovan Adepo, Katherine Waterston, Max Minghella, Samara Weaving, Spike Jonze, Flea, Lukas Haas, Rory Scovel, Eric Roberts, P.J. Byrne, Damon Gupton, Phoebe Tonkin, Chloe Fineman, Jeff Garlin, Troy Metcalf, Jonah Platt, Todd Giebenhain, Sean O'Bryan, Bob Clendenin, Rhian Rees, Karolina Szymczak, James Crittenden, Bregje Heinen, Yakov Kolontarov, Raelynn Harper, Cyrus Hobbi

Release: 2022-12-25

Runtime: 185

Plot: Set in Hollywood during the transition from silent films to talkies, focusing on a mixture of historical and fictional characters.

spronk

FPS noob
oh look more movies about Hollywood talking about how awesome they were, so crazy

margot robbie isn't aging very well is she. sadge. oh well, we'll always have wolf of wall street

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
oh look more movies about Hollywood talking about how awesome they were, so crazy

margot robbie isn't aging very well is she. sadge. oh well, we'll always have wolf of wall street
can't wait for jaimie pressley 3

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
can't wait for jaimie pressley 3

already here, chick from Ready or Not -- Samara Weaving

oh shit she is in this movie lol its gonna be Jaime Pressley 2 vs 3 WWE rumble

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
already here, chick from Ready or Not -- Samara Weaving

oh shit she is in this movie lol its gonna be Jaime Pressley 2 vs 3 WWE rumble
I'd eat the corn out of Samara Weaving's turds. And Margot Robbie's for that matter, even if they tried to make her look like a coked out whore in this movie. Which I won't watch, so it doesn't matter.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'd eat the corn out of Samara Weaving's turds. And Margot Robbie's for that matter, even if they tried to make her look like a coked out whore in this movie. Which I won't watch, so it doesn't matter.
Liar liar, pants on fire!

So some friends have a tradition where they go to the movies every Christmas, including any friends they want to invite, and when their dad was alive he never allowed anyone to buy their own ticket, he always paid. They've continued the tradition, and thus I never complain about the movie they pick because it is free. Generally it has been something halfway decent so I don't really mind. I pushed for Violent Night this time around, and purposely didn't watch the torrents of it just in case. I even said I'd watch Avatar again. Nope, they wanted to watch this.

First...it is 3 fucking hours long. At least an hour too long, and unnecessary. I'm not going to say it was a terrible movie, but I honestly just don't know what to think about it. We all walked out of the theater feeling that way. There were some good parts, and a story in there that wasn't completely terrible, but the vast majority of the movie is something that you should probably be loaded up on drugs to appreciate. The entire last half hour (might be more, hard to say) felt like a giant acid trip. It didn't help any that the projector must have gotten off-kilter a little because everything had this greenish after-image, and I'm 99% sure that wasn't intended. It started in this trippy underground cave rave scene, so I thought it was intentional, but then it continued through the rest of the movie. At that point I didn't care enough to complain though, I just wanted it to end.

I actually liked Brad Pitt's character, and Margot Robbie did a pretty good job too, except that her character has very little to actually like. Actually, I'm not sure there was anyone in the entire movie that was worth rooting for or caring about.

I didn't hate it, but I would never tell anyone that they have to watch it either. Save yourself 3 hours and just do some drugs and watch a screensaver, you'll probably have a better time.

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

It's so odd that people aren't falling clamoring for more content about California degeneracy right now.
1672250240529.png

• 3Barf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Movie was enjoyable. Acting was great. Music was phenomenal. The music really gave big silent movie vibes with how it pushed certain scenes. Story was.... Was there a story?

Watch it for free on HBO or where ever it ends up but wouldn't recommend spending money on it. It's clearly an artsy film written for awards not audiences.

spronk

FPS noob

been watching on and off for a week or two in little chunks, its better than I thought it would be but still not interesting enough for me to keep watching after 20 mins each time

Margot Robbie is pretty weird looking, i thought she was smoking hot in Wolf of Wall Street but here she just seems to have no titties :( sad

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Not a great movie, but the first half is super fun when you're super high.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

been watching on and off for a week or two in little chunks, its better than I thought it would be but still not interesting enough for me to keep watching after 20 mins each time

Margot Robbie is pretty weird looking, i thought she was smoking hot in Wolf of Wall Street but here she just seems to have no titties :( sad

Maybe Margot Robbie is transitioning. The illuminati and their goat deity are really into that stuff at the moment

spronk

FPS noob
yeah finished last night, the first half of the movie is decent it looks back at the silent era of films and that was pretty interesting

the second half of the movie is really terrible and just goes from bad (minor character cameo that is just stupid as fuck) ending with this bizarre "celebration of the movies" that, I kid you not, shows scenes from terminator 2 and avatar. So fucking bizarre.

I guess if you LOVE hollywood, 1930s Hollywood, and know everything about movies/actors/oscars/etc this is for you but for most people this is a 100% don't bother. There's no real story or plot, just Hollywood wank fest.

the whole "opening orgy" stuff is super tame, some titties and dicks

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database