Babylon 5

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
She looks good still. I'd dick her still.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Just broke out the DVD set too, I think i watch this show every couple of years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
B5.jpg

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
It has some of the greatest character arcs of any show i know. The CGI is a bit dated but it can be overlooked because it was never meant to be a pew pew fest.

I am enjoying it right now i just wish i could find the DVD with the pilot opisode/episodes.

Edit: Sometimes i wish they would remake it but then i remember they fuck everything up!

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
What is JMS doing these days? Why hasn't he jump on board with something in the golden age of serialised tv?

spronk

FPS noob
What is JMS doing these days? Why hasn't he jump on board with something in the golden age of serialised tv?

he's done a shit load of comics (paper) including Spidey, Superman, and a ton of his own stuff

he's been busy writing movies, he was a co-writer for Thor 1, World War Z, and the upcoming Godzilla vs Kong and as Dom mentions he is listed as a cocreator and writer for Sense8, the Wachowski's big "trannies love orgies" netflix series

if you want to support him and show him some love for Babylon 5, the best thing you could do is buy his new autobiography
www.amazon.com/Becoming-Superman-Journey-Poverty-Hollywood/dp/0062857843

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It has some of the greatest character arcs of any show i know. The CGI is a bit dated but it can be overlooked because it was never meant to be a pew pew fest.

I am enjoying it right now i just wish i could find the DVD with the pilot opisode/episodes.

Edit: Sometimes i wish they would remake it but then i remember they fuck everything up!

Now if you want some B5 cheese .... Don't forget the ranger spinoff.

Fuck I can't remember the name, but I still cringe when I think about that weapons officer chick sitting in zero G punching air to fire the weapons. Other than that, I actually liked that series. Too bad it didn't make it.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I think i have the a few extra DVDs with the spinoff movies and i think maybe my pilot episodes are hiding among those too. I just never got into the spinoff series as it didnt come close to the original.

• 1Solidarity

khorum

Murder Apologist
Totally turned off when the Cylons got all religious.

Irritated by religion in scifi? Makes sense.

Guess you'll just have to stick the Minbari cancelling their genocide of humans because of their religious belief in reincarnation and an ancient prophecy about a resurrected hero to fend off the return of Z'hadum.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

Guess you'll just have to stick the Minbari cancelling their genocide of humans because of their religious belief in reincarnation and an ancient prophecy about a resurrected hero to fend off the return of Z'hadum.

Your point is retarded, because though the Minbari did have religious beliefs they were CLEARLY manipulated and taken advantage of by the Vorlons who pretended to be divine in order to influence key members of the younger races. The ancient prophecy was worked into the time travel episodes and had nothing to do with supernatural influence but was something the Vorlons probably set up.

The Vorlons, incidentally, turned out to be mostly asshats.

• 1Salty
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Your point is retarded, because though the Minbari did have religious beliefs they were CLEARLY manipulated and taken advantage of by the Vorlons who pretended to be divine in order to influence key members of the younger races. The ancient prophecy was worked into the time travel episodes and had nothing to do with supernatural influence but was something the Vorlons probably set up.

The Vorlons, incidentally, turned out to be mostly asshats.
My point was that Babylon 5 had as much if not more religious mythology in it than BSG. And you just went and summarized all the mythological strains that ran through the backstory---because the MAIN story specifically involves Sinclair being the reincarnated Minbari hero Valen, who was prophesied to be resurrected when Z'hadum and the shadows would come back, and this discovery was the only reason the humans aren't extinct and why the Minbari allowed Babylon5 to exist at all.

So instead of somehow disputing it, you've just explained how absolutely correct I was in every way that matters.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Rime

<Donor>
The miniseries opening of the rebooted BSG was some of the most epic Scifi ever put to air. Too bad the series was later dragged down into the mud.

• 2Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The religious aspects of it were not why BSG ended up being awful.
The final episode was so bad it fucked most of the whole series's rewatchability.
Whereas B5 is pretty solid through and through.

BG is the best space opera ever made though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Sorry, I should have elaborated.

It's not the religiosity that annoyed me, it's the fact that fucking robots who know who their creator is, and know that their genesis doesn't involve any kind of supernatural explanation. It would be like Data in Star Trek becoming all religious believing in a soul and an afterlife. It's a machine bound by rules of logic and science. It's just something that annoys me personally. I get it that others aren't going to necessarily be irked by that as much as I.

• 2Like