Babylon 5

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The article I read about why there was no remastering is the CGI all has to be re-rendered for HD. Which they estimated would cost something like 25 million a season to remaster. Since the fan base is much smaller than Star Trek it would never happen basically. I sure hope it is wrong though.

They didn't even remaster DS9 or Voyager because they wouldn't male their money back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
  • 2Like

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
This would be a show I'd be down for remaking if JMS is still heading it up. They likely won't find good replacements for Bester, Londo, or G'kar, but I bet with today's budgets and JMS having a ton of additional writing/directing experience under his belt, I can imagine better story telling this time around.

Unfortunately it will never happen because Warner Brothers sits on the IP and they don't want to do anything with it, apparently

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Just started S2 - I don't know about a remake "now" as it would imo go over the edge with SJW politics - it's message was already liberal in the Mars stuff and earth isolationism - the presidential assassination etc. I just don't see it not going TDS on itself if remade now

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
But this is what good sci fi is FOR, to speak the truth, hidden in layers of story, to the powers that otherwise wouldn't allow it. I dunno about B5, but what I'd really like to see is a reboot (not remake) of firefly. Perhaps with a new cast, but with the same goal - keep flyin.

Siliconemelons

Something I really loved about B5 that sadly not many other people do - is change the shows opening every season.

What is your favorite:

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Siliconemelons

Just re watched them all, imo they just keep getting better and better - S5 is my favorite as it has the recap-esqu intro that just shows and puts on display how great B5 is. While some consider the actual season the weakest... the intro is baller.

1st and 4th are imo the "weakest" of the intros.

1/4 way through S3 - so much fun :)

• 1WTF

ShakyJake

<Donor>
1/4 way through S3 - so much fun :)
Season 3 is the high point of the series. I've begged friends to watch B5 and just 'hang in there' because it gets so amazing. They never make it past the first few episodes of season 1. :(

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Zack has turned into a perfect option for Lando in a reboot lol ;)

MV5BMTMxNTI1Njc2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTgzMzE0NQ@@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The hair looks like reboot Solo level hair on an older gentlemen that Vader could skullfuck a worse deal all the time on.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Something I really loved about B5 that sadly not many other people do - is change the shows opening every season.

What is your favorite:

Changing intros was a critical part of Battlestar Galactica. I enjoy when they change, evolve with the story. I particularly liked when TNG changed to implement new shots of Saturn by NASA. If only they'd kept that in future shows, we'd be seeing some neat shit. Ah well, #offtopic

• 1Like