Babylon 5

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I am just finishing season 1 last episode while i type this. I honestly thing B5 is required viewing for anyone who enjoys Sci Fi.
There are a few filler episodes but i dont mind watching them because most of them advance the global plot in some fashion.
I think i will try to find Space : Above and beyond after i finish this one. Hopefully someone managed to upload a rip to the usual stream sites because last time i search for it it was almost impossible to find the complete set.

Rarbg and TPB have dvd rips

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I am just finishing season 1 last episode while i type this. I honestly thing B5 is required viewing for anyone who enjoys Sci Fi.
There are a few filler episodes but i dont mind watching them because most of them advance the global plot in some fashion.
I think i will try to find Space : Above and beyond after i finish this one. Hopefully someone managed to upload a rip to the usual stream sites because last time i search for it it was almost impossible to find the complete set.

View attachment 230694

Yeah I have the box DVD set, but started trying to stream it on Exodus, then realized it was on Amazon Prime.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
b5 and tng had yummie redheads
lyta-alexander-saison-5-34.jpg
Beverley_Crusher.jpg

only to be replaced by boring bimbos

latest
latest

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure Talia replaced Lyta who was in the pilot.

Oh shit, you just made me realize I fucked this up. For some reason I remembered “In the Beginning” as being the Pilot so just watched it and moved to s1e1. Completely forgot The Gathering was the Pilot and explains why I’m watching this going “It would be terrible as a new viewer to watch Beginning first.” Hahaha. Need to find Gathering now.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
From memory, Talia replaced Lyta, then mostly got written off and Lyta showed up again later. I think Talia showed up once or twice later on as well as a part of the Bester stuff

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
BSG has aged very gracefully and every episode remains watchable (even the excruciating starbuck ones). Not so with Bab5.

Not to shit on your perception of reality or anything ... but you're comparing a 25 year old show to a 15 year old show. One of them has had significantly more time to age.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Not to shit on your perception of reality or anything ... but you're comparing a 25 year old show to a 15 year old show. One of them has had significantly more time to age.
My perception of reality is fine. You're just a fucking retard.

EVEN OLDER shows than B5 have aged more gracefully...this runs the gamut from the Tom Baker Doctor to ST:TNG. A generation from now BSG will still be smart and thoughtful compared to contemporary scifi shows except for maybe The Expanse.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BSG will age more gracefully than almost any other Sci-Fi show largely because it's such a low tech sci-fi setting. B5 is a classic and one of the all time greats but father time has not been kind to it and it becomes harder to watch every year.

• 1Garbage

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I started watching this again and almost died laughing at the scene where Sinclair and Londo go "undercover" to talk to some Ita-lien club owner about space hoez.

1573468515611.png

• 3Worf

spronk

FPS noob
From memory, Talia replaced Lyta, then mostly got written off and Lyta showed up again later. I think Talia showed up once or twice later on as well as a part of the Bester stuff

there was a lot of backstory behind the shenanigans. Talia was originally married to Jerry Doyle, who played Garibaldi. Michael O'Hara, who played the s1 commander, was apparently literally mentally unstable and would sexually harrass her constantly. At the end of season 1 Jerry Doyle laid down an ultimatum, either he stays on the show or Michael does.

Doyle and Talia eventually got divorced like during season 1 or 2, probably why she wanted off. Sadly Jerry Doyle died 3 years ago apparently of chronic alcoholism
My first season of Babylon 5 working with Michael O'Hare, he's a whack-job a complete lunatic. He flies out from New York, he gets the gig, we're doing our rehearsels he says to me one day "Uh can you give me a ride out the the set?" yeah sure! "Wanna stop and have breakfeast?" yeah good! He gets in the car and he's playing with the buttons in my car trying to turn the radio off and I'm like what are you doing? And he goes "I don't want any sound" and I go well why dont you just ask me to turn it off? And he goes "I dont want to talk today!" And I say well why do you want to go to breakfeast and he goes "you talk, I'll listen!" so obviously we hurry through breakfeast, we go out to the set and I realise I'm dealing with a complete nut-job here.

After we finished that first Friday night we go to this bar in Santa Clarita and I'm off in one corner talking to this actress Pat Tallman..just chatting her up having drinks we just got done shooting. He comes over and sits between us and I go oh ok...he was number 1 on the call sheet, he was the lead. He was the guy that got all the media interviews..because he was the lead on the show, and the face and voice on Babylon 5. So he's chatting her up and I'm like "Oh..ok..I'll just talk to the bartender here..." and order 3 more drinks. He turns around, looks at the 3 drinks and says "What is that?" and I say "umm...I'm buying a round..", and he says "Dont try to control me!!" and I went "oh..o...k..." this guy is a complete lunatic!

Now outside of the fact that he sexually harrassed an 18 year old makeup artist and hair gal because he's talking about how its lonely to be on the road and well he did certain things at night with her in mind I thought thats a very nice thing to address to an 18 year old that was interning on a show, not making any money trying to work her way up in the union.

He punches a female actress on the set. He comes after me we have the big meeting. Finally I say to him "Michael is there an Indian behind every tree?" and he says "maybe..you and I will settle this May 26 after we wrap production" And at the end of all this I went back to the guys and said you know what? I don't need this crap..I dont need the money"

There are other stories like this from other people on set including JMS who eventually admitted Michael O'Hare was nuts.

• 3Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
EVEN OLDER shows than B5 have aged more gracefully...this runs the gamut from the Tom Baker Doctor

Just stop. You're over-reaching here. You should have used the original BSG. I think gavin nailed it though in that the ones that 'age well' are relatively low tech. In the case of Star Trek, it probably ages better because it inspired scientists and researchers to try to do the stuff they could do. Also, I think some of you don't remember what B5 was like when new. If I could find the shit I wrote about it way back in the day, it would include plenty of references to it's cheese and camp. It's like saying attack of the killer tomatoes didn't age well.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Garibaldi was supposed to take over for Willis in that 1980s show he did, Moonlighting or something
WHAT THE FUCK

Bill Cosby - Cosby Show
Ted Danson - Cheers
Tony Danza - Whos the Boss
MICHAL J FOX!!! - Family Ties

he beat them all?

it's not about the acting, but who the fuck watched moonlighting?

• 1Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>
My perception of reality is fine. You're just a fucking retard.

EVEN OLDER shows than B5 have aged more gracefully...this runs the gamut from the Tom Baker Doctor to ST:TNG. A generation from now BSG will still be smart and thoughtful compared to contemporary scifi shows except for maybe The Expanse.
Well, TNG used physical models (mostly?) and not CGI. Now look at Enterprise and that suffers the same as B5 in some regards.

However, dude, it's not that bad. This is from season 2 and it's still completely watchable.

it's not about the acting, but who the fuck watched moonlighting?
HEY!

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Siliconemelons

B5 is better than BSG and DS9.

BSG could have been the best if it's over aching multi season story made sense and didn't destroy character arcs... B5 as time passed only made characters better.

DS9 - by the time it was getting good, it started to get infected with Brooks fall into race saw insanity. There is a reason he is rarely included in any projects, re-unions - tours - cons etc... "I won't goto an old Vegas holosuite program because old Vegas was racist!" Then that entire ENTIRE episode of the racist news paper..arghh

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
B5 is better than BSG and DS9.

BSG could have been the best if it's over aching multi season story made sense and didn't destroy character arcs... B5 as time passed only made characters better.

DS9 - by the time it was getting good, it started to get infected with Brooks fall into race saw insanity. There is a reason he is rarely included in any projects, re-unions - tours - cons etc... "I won't goto an old Vegas holosuite program because old Vegas was racist!" Then that entire ENTIRE episode of the racist news paper..arghh
BSG suffered by giving starbuck screen time. then they made her special by being the only bitch in the universe that heard a GPS song?

DS9 was obviously a B5 clone, but the galaxy wars were better

the station wars were better
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and the fucking Defiant! star trek finally makes a proper starship that doesn't look like a bloated fish
9RTqgyyu8sX1TGxcnHQw22N2aAEJCGUXk5GPooc31XbxSg8KKD13Zd5E9xXmzkJKRJGzELTmqw

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
By the way, have you guys ever watched Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning? It's a Star Trek and Babylon 5 fan made parody film. Special effects are surprisingly good. It's old now, came out back in 2005. But at the time the special effects were amazing.

Humor is hit or miss.

• 1Like