Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Got it to work.

Missed this late 80s/early 90s clothing so much

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So, crowd funded project?

He said before its impossible to crowdfund B5.

In the 1990s with a bunch of no name actors and shitty CGI/SFX - it was something like $90M for 5 seasons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I've been watching Season 2 this weekend and if you disregard the dated 80/90s outfits and styles, the anachronisms and the laughable CGI - the show still holds really well plot wise. There's hardly any filler, almost every scene reveals something interesting and new.

And then you get something like Gumshoe Garibaldi

1663588942759.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a lot of miss episodes in Babylon 5 - it was trying to be "Edgy Star Trek" at first (kind of like DS9) but when it starts taking off, it really takes off. (also like DS9 hah)

I don't think I've rewatched it in at least a decade - may have to struggle session through the first season to get to my boi Sheridan. I honestly don't remember chunks of the story, but I -do- know that there were hints and specific episodes that were tied into later plotlines and were pretty important. They are just wrapped in silly "Yeah but hookers on the spacestation!" episodes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
There's a lot of miss episodes in Babylon 5 - it was trying to be "Edgy Star Trek" at first (kind of like DS9) but when it starts taking off, it really takes off. (also like DS9 hah)

I don't think I've rewatched it in at least a decade - may have to struggle session through the first season to get to my boi Sheridan. I honestly don't remember chunks of the story, but I -do- know that there were hints and specific episodes that were tied into later plotlines and were pretty important. They are just wrapped in silly "Yeah but hookers on the spacestation!" episodes.
Yeah, same here. I think the last time I rewatched the entire series was back in 2010. And I too remember having to suffer a bit until towards the end of season 2.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

sadly i'd prefer no new Babylon 5 vs a new B5 on CW, it would be guaranteed to be utter trash

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

He said before its impossible to crowdfund B5.

In the 1990s with a bunch of no name actors and shitty CGI/SFX - it was something like $90M for 5 seasons.

I mean did they use back then, video toaster? Some kid could easily churn out better graphics on their desktop on the cheap if they didn’t need it to be high quality modern cg / Syfy level stuff

The expensive part would be practical sets

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm okay with it being CW because with all the Paramount & Warner Bros shenanigans of late it's looking like the CW is aiming to morph into something different

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Londo identifies as a Trans Narn woman whose shoes fit just right and he remembers how to dance.

Until something more gets released, I choose to believe that they are going to go back to their original script, where they didn't have to write around 1 dude going crazy and 1 woman deciding to leave because she could no longer work with her soon to be ex-husband, after they had spent one and a half seasons building up her part. Also, I am confident that they will have competent casting that will do the characters justice, as they were portrayed by the original actors.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I tried to rewatch season 1 the other day but I had to bail halfway though after that labor union and their strong empowered boss lady episode. Also Sinclair was played by a terrible actor but Londo and Gikar were excellent right from the beginning.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tried to rewatch season 1 the other day but I had to bail halfway though after that labor union and their strong empowered boss lady episode. Also Sinclair was played by a terrible actor but Londo and Gikar were excellent right from the beginning.
Londo, G'Kar, and Bester are defiantly the best in the show and it will be very difficult for other actors to measure up. I can't say I disliked any character though and would have probably been fine with Sinclair making it through the whole show because I liked the character itself, more, even though Sheridan was a better actor. I attribute the Sinclair idiosyncrasy with the actor fighting off a major mental break, which happened after season one stopped filming.

• 1Like