Babylon 5

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
most of the cast is dead

FKFMVAnWYAIT33H

Garibaldi - dead, cool guy was a conservative radio host for the last few years and would have loved FOH conspiracy guys
Londo - dead
Dr Franklin - dead
G'Kar - dead
Delenn - dead
Sinclair - dead
Vir Cotto - dead
Talia - alive
Ivanova - alive
Londo Is alive. Unless you plan on killing him. Or oldbased is gonna hate him to death.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
most of the cast is dead

FKFMVAnWYAIT33H

Garibaldi - dead, cool guy was a conservative radio host for the last few years and would have loved FOH conspiracy guys
Londo - dead
Dr Franklin - dead
G'Kar - dead
Delenn - dead
Sinclair - dead
Vir Cotto - dead
Talia - alive
Ivanova - alive
Rip forever

An amazing show. So well done..

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
The digital remaster did wonders for it all. Format is still obviously off most episodes but it holds up well on a 4k tv now.
HBO Max has built up quite the library over time.

• 3Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The digital remaster did wonders for it all. Format is still obviously off most episodes but it holds up well on a 4k tv now.
HBO Max has built up quite the library over time.
I said it back as soon as the show went up but for those that have not watched it on HBO Max do it!

My mom used my HBO max and watched the whole show and loved it. It hit her hard when I showed her all the actors who had died. She loved G’kar.

This is still one of my favorite quotes.

LONDO: ...My shoes are too tight.
VIR: ...Excuse me?
LONDO: Something my father said. He was... Old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting, alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant until now. My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance.
Pause
VIR: ...I don't understand.
LONDO: Smiling wistfully Nor should you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

if i understand that correctly something is being worked on and scheduled for a 2023 release (video game maybe?) and the reboot of the TV show is still in negotiations, I think it was supposed to be on CW and thats sort of a dead network now so not sure what that really means. If I was a betting man I'd bet the reboot is never happening, which honestly is good in this climate since it would be guaranteed terrible full of space trannies and the Shadows would be white people

• 3Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The whining about trannies would be hilarious given that there was already a tranny in the original story.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Just redo the effects and remaster the original thanks.

Do the effects even need to be redone?

I say reboot the rangers series if you gotta reboot something. Don't try to tell this story again.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Who was the tranny?
notsureifserious.jpg

delenn. started the series as a male mimbari ambassador, then went into a cacoon and came out a woman who eventually married the captain of the station. it was always a female actress but definitely a male character at the beginning.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
notsureifserious.jpg

delenn. started the series as a male mimbari ambassador, then went into a cacoon and came out a woman who eventually married the captain of the station. it was always a female actress but definitely a male character at the beginning.
While that was the original plan, it did NOT make it into the show.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
dufuq u talkin about? are you experiencing another mandela effect?

he's right, the original plan was to transmogrify Delenn but it was changed before anything filmed so she was always female, JMS even said it a few years ago

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
That's not what JMS was saying at the time. I followed him on usenet where he answered a lot of questions. The answer about why the prosthetics changed for delenn was cost and mira's time, but that she was playing a male character. I don't know what happened behind the scenes to make him change his story. Unless someone can find a script of the pilot where they called delenn she, then she was a dude.

• 1Picard

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
dufuq u talkin about? are you experiencing another mandela effect?

"Delenn was originally conceived as being a male character (eventually destined to change into a female one) but played by a female actor, in order to give the character feminine mannerisms and therefore make him more "alien". The Babylon 5 pilot TV movie The Gathering was filmed with this in mind, but the computer alteration to Mira Furlan's voice to make it sound masculine was unconvincing, so the idea was dropped and Delenn changed to being a female.[5] The Minbari makeup used from then on gave Delenn a much more feminine appearance."

It is as I said, Delenn ended up female, the sex change idea was dropped and never implemented. This can also be seen in In The Beginning, set before The Gathering where she is obviously female.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The transgender BS is stupid anyway. This is an alien that would come out of a cocoon as a different sex. Far different than mentally ill people chopping off body parts and taking hormone treatments to imitate something they will never be.

• 1Like