Babylon 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
i gotta stop reading this thread i really wanna rewatch b5 now but have like 20 other shows to watch still

why is there so much good TV on

Jait

Molten Core Raider
One of my favorite parts was always when Roddenbery's wife came on the show which basically was nothing short of anointing it the true successor of Star Trek (Also personal friends with H. Ellison), but that aside when she turns to Vir and tells him you'll be Emperor too, that was one nerdgasm of a moment.

That whole episode was tits.

spronk

FPS noob
oh shit i never realized londo's wife was roddenberry's wife aka the voice of the TNG computer

dayum

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Emperor's wife. But yeah, her coming on as the prophet for the plot of the next 4 years was pretty damn cool of her.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
B5 has always been my favorite show. The storylines are awesome. Londo and G'kar's scenes are masterpieces.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
G'Kar_sl said:
"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed the Universe of the Centauri and carved their bones into little flutes for Narn children. It is a dream I have."
Wish there was a clip online.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
One of my favorite parts was always when Roddenbery's wife came on the show which basically was nothing short of anointing it the true successor of Star Trek (Also personal friends with H. Ellison), but that aside when she turns to Vir and tells him you'll be Emperor too, that was one nerdgasm of a moment.

That whole episode was tits.
I too, never realised who that was. Makes me wonder what else I've missed...

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I wish this would get the Star Trek treatment. Some gossip said it would cost like 900,000 an episode to re do. Thats insane if so. Apparently it was about 9 million a season for the TNG Blu-Ray.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Oh man, lots of good talk here.

Definitely the Shadow v. Vorlon thing turning out to be not real "good v evil" instead showing itself much more complicated and terrible was a great turning point and brilliant twist to the plot.

Londo's story was for sure one of the more compelling journeys of the series. Probably one of my favorites, as it really reflected a different culture and world view, yet it wasn't "alien" so it could still hit close to home and kind of make your squirm a bit. Excellent stuff.

I think I probably liked Delen the least, I really disliked her getting hair and being a love interest, I thought both kind of undermined the character and her story. Maybe the Mimbari were too much like "space elves" for my liking, heh.

As for the visual appeal, I don't understand the need to revise it. The show worked fine as is, I guess new visuals would help get new fans into it. I just honestly don't see the need for super effects unless you *need* them, the show's I watch the CGI is almost always obvious and second rate, but other than maybe an occasional giggle, it gets the point across fine and the story, which is why you're watching, carries forward.

Kids these days! (I can't tell if I'm sounding like a grumpy old man or douchey hipster at this point
biggrin.png
)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I wish this would get the Star Trek treatment. Some gossip said it would cost like 900,000 an episode to re do. Thats insane if so. Apparently it was about 9 million a season for the TNG Blu-Ray.
I bought the DVDs every time on release day, as I'm sure a few of you guys did too. To justify making the DVDs they charged like 80$ a season, so I imagine there's royalties to JMS or the studio involved that hike up the price big time.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am a big fan of the show but the CGI is worse than a 5 year old Syfy Saturday movie.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I am a big fan of the show but the CGI is worse than a 5 year old Syfy Saturday movie.
It is really terrible, but there's a couple of good scenes. I always liked when the Shadows took out the Narn. Great music too.

Got a little better in the 4th-5th seasons. Not much though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Only other major cameo most people didn't get was the creator of Dilbert hiring Garabaldi to find his lost dog. Then he warns him to be careful because he's trying to take over the world.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Been a long time since I saw it, but I think my favorite scene of the series was ivonava having sex with that ambassador.

Ivonava basically got all the best lines while she was on the show.

Goatface

show has so many great moments

"Only one Human captain has survived an encounter with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."