Babylon 5

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yeah that's kinda the problem... it's gonna be the 20th anniversary this october and the franchise just doesn't have the fandom that got Trek through a whole generation in the wilderness. By its 20th anniversary Trek had 3 wide-release full feature films, a new series in the works and a fucking space shuttle named after it.
I thought the Shuttle was named after the carrier which was named after the ship... which the Star Trek ship was named after I guess... so... yeah, carry on.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I thought the Shuttle was named after the carrier which was named after the ship... which the Star Trek ship was named after I guess... so... yeah, carry on.
Not a trek fan? It wasa bit of both but it was mostly Treksince Ford turned out to be a Trekkie in his biography and the SHOW enterprise was named after the space shuttle BEFORE the space shuttle was named after the show enterprise.
rrr_img_69146.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope all shows and movies are being filmed in 4K right now, otherwise it'll be another round of left behind series we never see reruns for any more.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This could be good or bad, hopefully it ends up being good.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
So I'm watching this series for the first time and is just me or is the brunette chick basically an insert of the creator (gender reversed I guess) or one of the writers? She doesn't go a single episode in the first season without talking about being russian, or being jewish, or being a russian jew, or jewish traditions, or Russian personality traits. I was ready to stop before I even got to S2 (which is where people said it started to get good - they were right) if I heard the phrase ''good thing I'm Russian, we're..." one more time.

Also what's the deal with the Minbari ambassador chick growing hair between S1 & 2? I know they say she ''underwent a change to become closer to humanity'' or something when she was in the cocoon in-universe, but since that doesn't go anywhere story wise it seems like BS they cooked up out of nowhere for some behind the scenes reason - like she was having trouble with the makeup/costume for the boney crap on their heads, so they wrote it into the script. Or they wanted someone looking less alien so the captain could bang her.

Finally, am I the only one who finds that boney crap really gross? It looks like some kind of freaky bone tumor or something. I dunno, but every time I see a Minbari on screen I want to grab the boney crap on their heads and tear it off.

Otherwise I'm enjoying the show. Half way through S3 and I loved the smackdown Sheridan gave the night watch guards who tried to mutiny the station. Also some really good character development with the Narn/Centauri ambassadors (can't spell their names), not the kind of stuff I expected in a space opera 20 years old.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

spronk

FPS noob
jms has always been a stand up guy and is behind a LOT of stuff in the comic book world, including being one of the writers for Thor the movie and being one of the main writers in some of the Fantastic Four, Spidey and Superman titles. He also wrote something like 75% of the babylon 5 scripts which is pretty crazy. Hope he is successful and launches the franchise again, but this time in a different way - nothing wrong with the original, just wanna see new stories not the same story with updated actors and CGI.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Also what's the deal with the Minbari ambassador chick growing hair between S1 & 2? I know they say she ''underwent a change to become closer to humanity'' or something when she was in the cocoon in-universe, but since that doesn't go anywhere story wise it seems like BS they cooked up out of nowhere for some behind the scenes reason - like she was having trouble with the makeup/costume for the boney crap on their heads, so they wrote it into the script. Or they wanted someone looking less alien so the captain could bang her.
As with most things, this pays off later, when it is explained how she can have human DNA.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Originally Delenn was going to be male for all of the first season and then go into the chrysalis and come out not only half-human, but gender swapped as well. They couldn't get the voice modulation to work out the way they wanted it to in order to make Mira Furlan sound "guy-ish" so they scrapped the gender swap. You can notice in the original pilot that Delenn does not look female at all.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Originally Delenn was going to be male for all of the first season and then go into the chrysalis and come out not only half-human, but gender swapped as well. They couldn't get the voice modulation to work out the way they wanted it to in order to make Mira Furlan sound "guy-ish" so they scrapped the gender swap. You can notice in the original pilot that Delenn does not look female at all.
Earth Final Conflict did that very well. So well that most folks didn't know both aliens were played by women.

Also that article says nothing of the sort that the shuttle was named after Star Treks Enterprise. It just shows a couple of letters. It's fairly moot as the fucking Enterprise on the show was named for Navy ships dating back to the British Empire.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So I'm watching this series for the first time and is just me or is the brunette chick basically an insert of the creator (gender reversed I guess) or one of the writers? She doesn't go a single episode in the first season without talking about being russian, or being jewish, or being a russian jew, or jewish traditions, or Russian personality traits. I was ready to stop before I even got to S2 (which is where people said it started to get good - they were right) if I heard the phrase ''good thing I'm Russian, we're..." one more time.
Shut your stupid whore mouth if all you're going to do is talk shit about Ivanova. She got all the best lines. The running theory was that JMS had a crush on her. Maybe they seem more campy now, I haven't seen the series since it originally aired.

And I thought delenn did spend the first season as a guy. They may have softened her up after the pilot, but I don't think they did anything to identify her as a woman. All the mibari dudes kinda had soft voices, didn't they?

Siliconemelons

Once you finish watching the entire season...

Wait a month or so then...

watch it under the view of the fact that it is a story about G'Kar and Lando, make them the central characters and pay attention to everything they do, it makes the rewatch that much more enjoyable. Dunno why I spoilered this..lol

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Once you finish watching the entire season...

Wait a month or so then...

watch it under the view of the fact that it is a story about G'Kar and Lando, make them the central characters and pay attention to everything they do, it makes the rewatch that much more enjoyable. Dunno why I spoilered this..lol
Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. Those two guys were amongst the best damn characters ever created for a Sci-Fi show.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
SO I finished S4 and really enjoyed it. That was some seriously good TV, I didn't know they made sci fi this good back in the 90's. I know I'm 20 years late on the debate, but I think it was even better than DS9 (certainly at least on par).

but I hear all sorts of shit about S5 - is it worth watching or should I just quit while I'm ahead? Also, what about the movies? I looked at their summaries and they sound pretty terrible.