Back 4 Blood

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Doesn’t matter, things need to evolve or die out, L4D was great for its time and more games could have come out just like it. However as much as we all loved L4D we all stopped playing it. Complaining over someone trying something new is stupid, since half the time we complain over games never taking risk.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They probably just should have not called it "cards". Afflictions/boons/virtues, etc..

Definitely this. Card games are like anime in that they shouldn't exist and you should never take anyone that enjoys them seriously.

No reason to taint your game with something like that

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Eh, I'm reserving judgement until I actually play the game rather than wish it was like every other zombie shooter out there.

I enjoy the potential chaos/randomness it appears to drive.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Doesn’t matter, things need to evolve or die out, L4D was great for its time and more games could have come out just like it. However as much as we all loved L4D we all stopped playing it. Complaining over someone trying something new is stupid, since half the time we complain over games never taking risk.

Adding a card resource for skill selection/bonuses isn't taking a risk, it's more of a pain in the ass and has been around since forever anyway.

Here is a risk, aside from the Boomer, give me a way to be a hive mind hiding somewhere controlling a horde of 1000+ zombies towards the survivors.

Something that would require some effort to accomplish :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I dunno why people are complaining about this. Gives you a progression carrot to follow and mixes up gameplay. Did you guys bitch about selecting talents on xcom operatives?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you guys bitch about selecting talents on xcom operatives?
ACKCHUALLY

I am sorta discontent the increasing departure from the faceless disposable grunts of the OG games, and if WotC and Chimera Squad are any indication they're planning to go even further in that direction in the future.

Cybsled

I liked it, because it raises the stakes. When you get a god roll ranger or Templar , you sure as fuck second guess whether or not to risk the unit on a certain action

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've seen that many feel that Chimera Squad was actually a fleshed out proof of concept for their Marvel game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I dunno why people are complaining about this. Gives you a progression carrot to follow and mixes up gameplay. Did you guys bitch about selecting talents on xcom operatives?

I would rather see new original thought/risk behind the gameplay aside from a way to differentiate the same gameplay/style we have seen since 2007.

IE: When Splinter Cell Pandora tomorrow’s multiplayer for cat and mouse came out. Something completely fresh and unique. I’ll never forget putting merc in a choke hold, hitting my white button on the Xbox because that opened up the voice comm directly to that merc only, while I whispered “This is the sound of inevitability”. Break his neck. Then after, knowing they had motion sensing on and I was in heat mode/stealth so they wouldn’t see me. And you could counter their vision selection in real time by looking at the color of their helmet. Shit. This was 20 years ago now

This is the type of stuff we need more innovation in. And there is a lot more cool shit they could do here in the genre. Instead, we get playing cards which is a mask for the same skill system we have seen for the last 15 years.

Let me control a horde. (Not just reskin a boomer and increase the size of the AI bots)

Give me a monster that is blind and hunts on vision (clicker) with UI hints to track as humans are trying to be as quiet as possible.

Don’t give me a L4D2 reskin with a card system. Do something new. (At least one a video game anyway. Hell, they could copy ideas from movies or other single player games but reinvent it for multiplayer)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Stuff like that could be cool, but a bitch to balance in multiplayer if you allowed mixed infected

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe they'll be free to take more chances with 5 Blood 5 Furious and right now they just want a solid release that isn't tainted by all the drama associated with Evolve.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they'll be free to take more chances with 5 Blood 5 Furious and right now they just want a solid release that isn't tainted by all the drama associated with Evolve.
I really wanted to like Evolve, but I just couldn’t get into it. It had so much potential and some gems, but after playing the open beta or demo or whatever they called it for a few hours… the gameplay loop didn’t hook me at all.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Slower L4D. Sound is off. REALLY dark for me. Hope it's a driver issue. Friendly fire on btw.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users