Back 4 Blood

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
eh, if you are looking for a true L4D3 - I don't think this is it.
Cons:
- No PVP campaign mode
- gay as fuck card system. IMO
- No off-line mode ( fuck you )
- having to wait in between matches up to 4 min+ so you can choose ur faggot cards.
- PAID DLC MAP PACKS. Why?
- In game currency, boring.
- Tier game releases
- zombie animations are really odd, I think L4D had better mo-cap
- eh upgrade attachments are so-so
- when you fire bomb a horde, the aftermath looks like SHIT. They really phoned it the fuck in with the char effects. holy shit it's bad.

*alleged paid DLC characters. go fuck yourself.

oh and of course these are all doings from warner brothers. Those fucking tards have no clue how to release a game.

Pros:
- guns shoot well
- levels are alright from my initial impression of beta

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I got a beta invite from watching a streamer on Twitch play it for an hour. Only played 1 match - guy quit on the first map and the bots are brain dead.

I'll try again later when people people are playing it

But ya, its basically Left4Dead 3

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This will be a pass. The card system is meh. The weapon upgrades and tiers are meh. The unique monsters are meh. Too much zombies blending into the background. None of the characters offer memorable quotes or lines.

Guns do feel great I must admit. Runs smooth as butter @5120x1440 max graphics. 100+ FPS.

It really is L4D3 with a twist.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
It really is L4D3 with a twist.

I can't tell if this is going to be a good or bad thing for the game. All the comparisons that it has with L4D, but its different.. and I'm not sure in a good way.

I haven't played it, but just watching the versus mode feels off. Maybe its for the better?

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Feeling a bit like a mod to me. A great one for sure but well... outdated. The maps for example, are way too small, with dead zone all around (invisible wall) . I mean it's 2021, even a game like World War Z who basically is Left4dead in third person by a ghetto studio, looks and feel more recent.
Not a fan of the card deck system, maybe it's more interesting later.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Racist zombies!

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
eh, if you are looking for a true L4D3 - I don't think this is it.
Cons:
- No PVP campaign mode
- gay as fuck card system. IMO
- No off-line mode ( fuck you )
- having to wait in between matches up to 4 min+ so you can choose ur faggot cards.
- PAID DLC MAP PACKS. Why?
- In game currency, boring.
- Tier game releases
- zombie animations are really odd, I think L4D had better mo-cap
- eh upgrade attachments are so-so

*alleged paid DLC characters. go fuck yourself.

oh and of course these are all doings from warner brothers. Those fucking tards have no clue how to release a game.

Pros:
- guns shoot well
- levels are alright from my initial impression of beta

I do like the game, but the card system and DLC maps packs are the major reasons I'm going to stay away from the game on release. Even EA finally figured it out that splitting the player base via maps is bad decision in the long run for Battlefield/Battlefront. The card system just screams MTX eventually if they don't have any plans for it already.

Last edited:

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Played this - wasn't bad but it isn't anything like left 4 dead 2. Card system does indeed suck - and it's warner bros behind the publishing so expect major MTX to hit and then their standard apology 6 months later like they did with Shadows of War.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Card system needs to be simplified maybe. I think the idea is sound - pick increasing number of talents to enhance your character. Some are almost must haves, like the one that turns your bash into a melee stab that 1 shots regular zombies

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doesn't seem like it's worth the 60 dollar price tag considering the competition in the genre.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Played it. Can't imagine spending $60 on it...

The card system is pretty wonky.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Out today and free on Xbox Gamepass. Gonna give it a shot because free is the right price.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah, what with WWZ getting a big update (that isnt included in gamepass) my desire to fire that back up again is minimal so I'll give b4b a brief try.

My expectations are quite low, I think the genre left these devs behind from what I saw of and read about the beta.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After watching the above video about it being underwhelming it looks to me like they played it safe. They did nothing great, and nothing really bad, but just not fun and boring. I really love coop shooters that aren't PvP, so I'll for sure give it a try and I hope they made some changes.

spronk

FPS noob
anyone played this? have it installed on xbox (gamepass) but i heard you can only play coop (with matchmaking), there is no way to play solo