Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Caliane

cohh is like the only streamer that plays everquest, and people here shitting on him. madness.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean trannys are literally LARPers, so its not surprising that the RPG space is infected by them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

It is kind of funny to see him play EQ1. A few things have changed, but you get struck how fucking bootleg the game looks now lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I mean this is silly. What you are getting at is that race in high fantasy should be irrelevant. Nobody forces you to be a min maxing powergamer but you act like that's the default way to play.
What? What post have I ever made on these forums in relation to any game ever makes me seem like a min maxing powergamer? All my posts in threads talking about how I like to make my own builds or use skills I like/find fun and get upset when games are balanced around the absolute minmaxed to the point that you can't play them if you don't use those specific builds?

I'm not the one crying about how being able to put stats where you want them is ruining the game? It has no impact on me because if I don't want to play by "zomg not the real rules" then I can just allocate my stats as if the restrictions were still in place... Because I have the ability to control myself and not do things I don't want to... which is something apparently you all either lack or you just get outraged at other people being able to do something in a video game that has literally zero impact on your game because it's fucking single player.

Exactly, what sort of dumbass picks up a RPG to roleplay. GET WITH THE TIMES!
'Can't roleplay unless you roleplay what I say you have to roleplay! By the way here's my list of 400 mods I used on skyrim/fallout/any other rpg, but that's not the same because I was the one using them lolol'

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought it today, and played a little of the beginning. I'm not sure if I want to play a Wizard or a Bard on full release. D&D magic in video games has always been kind of annoying for me with the resting mechanic. From playing the Wizard it may not be so bad this time around. Maybe I should just stick with a melee character instead.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont like a spellcaster for a first playthrough, too much tailoring your spells to encounters and situations that you don't know much about yet. I can't decide between ranger, rogue, bard or monk myself.

• 1Like

Burns

I dont like a spellcaster for a first playthrough, too much tailoring your spells to encounters and situations that you don't know much about yet. I can't decide between ranger, rogue, bard or monk myself.
It looks like a bard in 5e is a full caster now?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I bought it today, and played a little of the beginning. I'm not sure if I want to play a Wizard or a Bard on full release. D&D magic in video games has always been kind of annoying for me with the resting mechanic. From playing the Wizard it may not be so bad this time around. Maybe I should just stick with a melee character instead.
I am playing my usual Cleric on first play through.

velk

Trakanon Raider
It looks like a bard in 5e is a full caster now?

Sort of - rather than being a gimped caster of general spells, they are a full caster of 'bard' spells. The bard spells are a cross section from different classes, mostly sound related, and exclude all the heavy hitters. Lore bards get to pick 2 spells from any class though, so there are some outrageous shenanigans you can get up to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Why do you pick Cleric on first usually?

I just can't help but going melee in the first run of these games.
Personal preference going back to when I played tabletop. I love me some Dwarven Battle Clerics.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I’m thinking either playing a vengeance paladin or multi class as a paladin and sorc or warlock on my initial playthrough.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My plan is to find out which classes are broken OP at release, beat the game as quickly as possible using any exploits I can find online, then whine about the game being too easy.

• 12Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 14 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would go college of swords, spells to supplement melee.
If doing this, is the bard flavor better than Arcane Trickster?

I'm torn between:

Wild Magic lol barbarian
Sword Bard
Arcane Trickster
Fungus Druid

Burns

If doing this, is the bard flavor better than Arcane Trickster?

I'm torn between:

Wild Magic lol barbarian
Sword Bard
Arcane Trickster
Fungus Druid
I'm having trouble deciding what to play and leaning toward a bard as well. The 4 man party is kinda throwing a wrench in my choices. I usually always have a rogue for traps, and go with sorc for the PC as my first play through as good.

For a good play through, I may just kill Astarion the first time he gets caught trying to feed on the party (if my powergaming tendencies let me). Even if I dont kill him, I wont be using him. So without a rogue, I may want to play a lore bard to be a face and caster while coving the rogue jobs of slight of hand and stealth.

Also, for anyone trying to plan out their party. Be aware, when looking at the currently known companions, you probably cant have at least two of them at the same time: (specific class spoilers for the two) the Paladin and the Druid are on opposite sides of the same quest.