Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah that's a defensible idea, let's just take a look at...

View attachment 485165

50cent-patrick.gif
C'mon man!
20230804_110605.JPG

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
First 5 hours or so early musings:

The AI is deathly afraid of the grease spell. They literally will do anything but step in it, it's fucking hilarious.

Jump is super fucking OP and is closer to teleporting than it is jumping. Anyone with like 15str can make some pretty insane leaps to traverse battlefields.

Everyone can use crossbows and they get dex on damage rolls, whole party is archers for the first few levels

There's so many fucking dialogue/skill/lore checks you probably really want a face character of some kind

Shadowheart is the crazy goth chick you dated when you were 19, absolutely not worth it

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
First 5 hours or so early musings:

The AI is deathly afraid of the grease spell. They literally will do anything but step in it, it's fucking hilarious.

Jump is super fucking OP and is closer to teleporting than it is jumping. Anyone with like 15str can make some pretty insane leaps to traverse battlefields.

Everyone can use crossbows and they get dex on damage rolls, whole party is archers for the first few levels

There's so many fucking dialogue/skill/lore checks you probably really want a face character of some kind

Shadowheart is the crazy goth chick you dated when you were 19, absolutely not worth it
I went paladin to be melee/face of the party, and figured I'd use Astarion/Gale/Shadowheart. Didn't touch EA at all, is it really that bad using Shadowheart? Is there a better healer somewhere down the line or should I just hire a cleric whenever I unlock that.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Are any of you going big dick Tactician right out of the gate?

Yep, not because I am good, but because I embrace the pain. Also, you don't really get a good feel from the fun toys available when you can just bitchslap the enemies into next week with normal melee attacks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Level 5!

Small spoiler
Let the dude prod your eye out, you get a cool upgrade out of it.

I switching it to balanced for a bit, the 10+ mob fights are getting out of hand.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The gith chick tried to sex me up on my second long rest

I blame Bioware for this

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so far just dipping weapons just seems so op. theres always a candle or some shit you can dip in and it adds a serious amount more fire damage

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
4 hours left. My download got super slow during old-people-on-netflix hours, but it picked back up to a mighty 2 MB/s.

I shall be asleep when it arrives.

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Played for like 3 hours and only level 2 lol. Rolled a half elf/wood elf monk for my first play through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm in 3 hours and still at character creation.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
OK now that was a badass side quest, phenomenal world building and story telling.
The hag quest, some really cool surprises and probably not worth losing an eye over but did it anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
Noooo, magical secrets has a pre-approved list of spells that doesn't include any ranger/paladin spells. How are bards supposed to make fun of hapless rangers like this ?

I suppose it's one way to make balance easier though.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So every time I've avoided combat through dialogue I've received no xp for it. Seems like that was bullshit or it's bugged. Guess I'll kill everything.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm playing Drow Rogue (Assassin) with the Criminal background.

One of the really cool elements of this game is that you get rewarded for making choices that reflect your background. I've been stealing everything and murdering the shit out of non-essential NPCs and I keep getting Inspiration points for being 'on brand.'

My only complaint so far is that I despise all the male companions wanting to fuck you until you beat them down with a stick. Seriously, if I were approached by a faggot in real life the same way that they do in game, there'd be....violence.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Seriously, if I were approached by a faggot in real life the same way that they do in game, there'd be....violence.

Don't worry, there is zero chance of that happening despite the fact that you radiate 'use me daddy' bottom-bitch vibe.

There are enough changes from EA that I'm enjoying the first act despite having played through it at least 5 times before. One thing to note is that the game is aggressively non-linear inasmuch as there's almost always a ton of different ways to approach a situation and/or completely different paths of moving through the content. You can have two playthrough of the first act and think you were playing two completely different games.

• 2Faggotry
  • 2Worf
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing Drow Rogue (Assassin) with the Criminal background.

One of the really cool elements of this game is that you get rewarded for making choices that reflect your background. I've been stealing everything and murdering the shit out of non-essential NPCs and I keep getting Inspiration points for being 'on brand.'

My only complaint so far is that I despise all the male companions wanting to fuck you until you beat them down with a stick. Seriously, if I were approached by a faggot in real life the same way that they do in game, there'd be....violence.
Interesting. I'll have to keep mind to follow my race/background options.

I didn't get too far last night. Have stupid family obligations and relatives visiting.