Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

velk

Trakanon Raider
Also, what are the options for bard performance? is it only actual musical instrument? or, is there other bardic options?
storytelling, chanting, humming, whistling, dancing, stomping, etc.

Just the instruments as far as I can tell - you get 3 songs you can do, and they play those songs on whatever instrument you have equipped. I only have a drum and a violin at the moment, drum is kinda basic, but the violin music is pretty good.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I've also gotten a few dialogue options that are bard specific. The spiders loved my drum solo.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So the Apple TV 4k experiment steam link thing worked great - Epic response times - the color mismatch was something that had to be accounted for (washed out) but a color increase changed that. With that said, there are a few trade offs. You can select options for all the abilities through the RB buttons through the menu systems, it slows down the decision making process in combat a bit but controlling the camera and such is much easier in those situations. Movement in the open out of combat is MUCH more fluid with easier camera control. Downside is that inventory management between characters is a nightmare. Much easier to navigate that via KB/M. Also, I hit the left alt key to bring up highlights of corpses/ground items I have not looted yet, and I didn't see what button that was in the controller set up and it is easy to miss looting things without that sometimes.

I would have to bet since the PS5 version launches at the end of the month the bulk of what I was playing is in the PS5 version like for like. In the end, just TOO much going on in the game with so many options to get used to a controller set up. One can do it, but it is a lot to learn above what average console players are used to in simplicity of the UI and controls.

Although for Chris Chris , who is patiently waiting for the PS5 version to come out, bear fucking with haptic feedback might be the one trick pony (no pun intended)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

once last thing before I stop checking this thread.

I said, paladins op, bards op. I didn't mention clerics OP.

5d has a design philosophy on class iconic skills. It kindof kills diversity, making each class a single skill/spell monkey. they liked how iconic fireball was. cutting word/healing word for bard. spells that are specifically OP and class specific. they overtune these spells on purpose to give class identity.
5e clerics aren't healbots. old school/pathfinder clerics are healers, and offtanks/meleedps. 5e however is built around spirit guardians and spiritual weapon.

spiritual weapon is a 2nd level, bonus action spell. summon on target, makes an attack action the turn it was cast. FORCE DAMAGE 1d8+spellcasting ability mod. then every turn, as a bonus action move 20ft, and make another attack. +1d8 for every spell slot higher.
1 min duration.
go to cleric spell. force damage is instrumental in hitting many many resistant/immune targets. 1 spell, dealing damage over multiple rounds and flying targets. iirc you don't need line of sight either.

Spirit guardians is a 3rd level spell. 1 action. 15ft radius. half the speed of enemies in the aoe. when a creature first enters, makes a wisdom save, failed save 3d8 radiant damage (good/neutral, necrotic if evil). half on save. 10min duration concentration.

These are why you'd play a cleric, or have one in your party, not really the healing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I was playing it last night for the first time, and managed to fuck up some how lol. Apparently, I broke my oath or something on my Paladin because I chose to save the wierd angry chick from the tieflings. Not sure what I did that triggered the oath breaking.

Luckily I have a save state some time before this where I can go back and try it again. It's just annoying that I had no indiciation that I could break my oath or even a hint at what it would be that would cause it.

There's a lot about this game that I feel I don't understand or know about simply because I haven't played pen and paper DnD in many, many years. I get the feeling that anybody that actively plays DnD 5th edition would be like "duh dude... you did xyz.. dumb ass" and I don't know how I would have ever known that ahead of time just by playing the game.

That being said, I like the game.

Yeah but oathbreaker paladin is best paladin…

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
So the Apple TV 4k experiment steam link thing worked great - Epic response times - the color mismatch was something that had to be accounted for (washed out) but a color increase changed that. With that said, there are a few trade offs. You can select options for all the abilities through the RB buttons through the menu systems, it slows down the decision making process in combat a bit but controlling the camera and such is much easier in those situations. Movement in the open out of combat is MUCH more fluid with easier camera control. Downside is that inventory management between characters is a nightmare. Much easier to navigate that via KB/M. Also, I hit the left alt key to bring up highlights of corpses/ground items I have not looted yet, and I didn't see what button that was in the controller set up and it is easy to miss looting things without that sometimes.

I would have to bet since the PS5 version launches at the end of the month the bulk of what I was playing is in the PS5 version like for like. In the end, just TOO much go0ing on in the game with so many options to get used to a controller set up. One can do it, but it is a lot to learn above what average console players are used too in simplicity of the UI and controls.

Although for Chris Chris , who is patiently waiting for the PS5 version to come out, bear fucking with haptic feedback might be one trick pony (no pun intended)
I hope that they let you customise the buttons on PS5, do they on PC?

There's a trend of RPGS not letting you and having shitty button layouts.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I customized on PC.

Z for inventory and V for map for life.

• 1Weird Boner

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Just hit the random button and let god decided my character.

wooop.jpg

Gonna be pretty upset if I get to the first sex scene and he's rocking a mustardhole.

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hella' Warning for you guys. Luckily, I saved not a moment before this guy entered. But when I was messing with steam trying to get it to work so my G/F could play just using my copy, I left it on Public. Some random person joined the game and his companion immediately took a spot on my roster. Worse yet, that companion is there permanently, even if they leave the game. You can go to camp, but you cant talk to them. So no, you cant get rid of them that way either. The only option I found was to load the game BEFORE they joined.

Hekotat Hekotat finally loaded in????!!!

• 3Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just hit the random button and let god decided my character.

View attachment 485277

Gonna be pretty upset if I get to the first sex scene and he's rocking a mustardhole.
yeah that random button isn't very useful. Just too many dramatic haircuts and colors. Would be better if each race had like 10 presets of decent looking characters or if the randomize only selected natural colors and normie hair cuts.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Internet update. I was able to fix it last night by putting connectors on the cut ends. Ran a 100 ft coax away from the work path, up and over the pathway between me and the neighbors house. Staked the in ground cable points with big orange markers. Talked to the Mexicans this morning about not hitting it, because we both work from home and must have internet. Stay between the poles and we’ll be good.

They ripped it out of the ground 20 minutes ago.

Last edited:
  • 13Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 15 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What do the foot pedals do?
hmm... I stored them a couple of years ago and they don't make much sense in a turn based game but maybe I could add jump and dash to two of the pedals??? Gotta be a couple other movement abilities I can add too.

I don't know if individual spells can be bound to keys in BG3 though. That was possible in BG1/2 (and in every MMO...) and was a huge time saver.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
hmm... I stored them a couple of years ago and they don't make much sense in a turn based game but maybe I could add jump and dash to two of the pedals??? Gotta be a couple other movement abilities I can add too.

I don't know if individual spells can be bound to keys in BG3 though. That was possible in BG1/2 (and in every MMO...) and was a huge time saver.

Maybe the left/right pedals can be mapped to shifting your weight when you're fucking the bear, I could see Larian being that detailed

• 6Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the subject of gaming peripherals, I've been using this with the key cluster and trackpoint module. Easily the best kb I've ever used and was hesitating pulling the trigger for the longest time because of price but it's definitely worth it. Fully functional 100% keyboard in a 60% split layout. The software just shits on everyone else's includes profiles, full recaps, layering, macro etc. Fully open source.

In BG3 I'm using inventory and map on the cluster. Trying to see if I can layer an analog function on the keyboard so I can move around like you do with an Xbox controller out of combat.

• 1Mother of God

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Yeah but there is so much going on I am not sure that you would want to customize them too differently. IE: RB and LB cycled through all your actions during combat (You have a shit ton even early on so I had three sliders to choose from navigating via RB/LB.) RT is an action wheel for long camp, short camp, map, etc. I did find out just now that I can go to an equipped item for a character, click that and it will bring up the entire bank of gear I have for that slot and compare if I should upgrade or not - so that was a nice QoL I didn't know existed. If that carries over to PS5 that will make things a lot easier.

The game is so fucking fantastic though. Knowing that the things I do now has an impact 30 hours down the road is so cool.

I am finding though that auto switch is awesome for control - when combat and such I use KB/M on PC, and I also have a wired Xbox controller which can take over for longer travel.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sooo is there any "super highlight" option that highlights all interactable objects in an environment? The highlight button (bound to left alt by default) just sometimes highlights some things.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone fuck a bear first and when is amod going to give them the appropriate title

• 3Worf