Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Played from 5pm to midnight, wish I was not at work nursing a hangover and instead still playing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Tactician is no joke, I got game-overed by the first fight outside the tutorial.

Man, I have gotten like absolutely nowhere in the first 5 hours.

I spent ages in character creation, played through the tutorial, then decided my character portrait was bugging me ( female drow looked like a dude ), so restarted.

At that point I realized that my smooth brain had failed to notice the right hand side tabs when customizing appearance so lost another hour to fucking around with that. ( I did think it was weird they only had one hairstyle but still completely missed those tabs ).

At this point I decided that, fuck it, tactician or not, that tutorial demon is going down. This is... not as easy as it sounds ;p

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Male Sorceror that looks like Val Kilmer in the movie heat.

Magic Missile ftw

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, to read about BG3 while not playing... Reading about people playing BG3 is the closest thing to playing it... I don't want to spoil things... hmmm

not-sure.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm, to read about BG3 while not playing... Reading about people playing BG3 is the closest thing to playing it... I don't want to spoil things... hmmm

not-sure.gif
Right. I stayed away from the EA and have dodged posts - and now its just getting worse. :trump:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

not-sure.gif
The term is glutton for punishment. Luckily I leave early on Fridays so I'm back to mustard holes simulator by 5pm today instead of 8pm with an hour download.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game is so good - 7 hours in I made a move to got swords bard (didn't have a cha char) and rolling with a shadowheart rerolled into life cleric, gale and Karlach. Karlach is op as all fuck when she gets on a roll (turned her berserker). Still schlepping around Act 1 finding a ton of shit I didn't see in the EA a few weeks ago. No rush to continue, either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hella' Warning for you guys. Luckily, I saved not a moment before this guy entered. But when I was messing with steam trying to get it to work so my G/F could play just using my copy, I left it on Public. Some random person joined the game and his companion immediately took a spot on my roster. Worse yet, that companion is there permanently, even if they leave the game. You can go to camp, but you cant talk to them. So no, you cant get rid of them that way either. The only option I found was to load the game BEFORE they joined.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
We had him at 5 hp and my buddy hit the thing to move on. We don't have anyone using 2h'ers anyway though.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I was playing it last night for the first time, and managed to fuck up some how lol. Apparently, I broke my oath or something on my Paladin because I chose to save the wierd angry chick from the tieflings. Not sure what I did that triggered the oath breaking.

Luckily I have a save state some time before this where I can go back and try it again. It's just annoying that I had no indiciation that I could break my oath or even a hint at what it would be that would cause it.

There's a lot about this game that I feel I don't understand or know about simply because I haven't played pen and paper DnD in many, many years. I get the feeling that anybody that actively plays DnD 5th edition would be like "duh dude... you did xyz.. dumb ass" and I don't know how I would have ever known that ahead of time just by playing the game.

That being said, I like the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Characters need some modder love. Tiny beady eyes and bad skin on an elf.

I'm trying a monk, fun so far!

Caliane

not-sure.gif
ha. they have been doing good with spoiler tags. I'm probably going to bail out of this thread for a good while. reviews all seem very positive. I'd be curious about more "final thought" reviews.
acg and mortismal both mentioned some hitching problems, and needing to reload, some other bugs.

How is ritual casting handled? can you do it while doing other things, like a short rest?

Also, what are the options for bard performance? is it only actual musical instrument? or, is there other bardic options?
storytelling, chanting, humming, whistling, dancing, stomping, etc.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That is interesting. One game is driving their overall bandwidth up by 30%, in an ecosystem with 30k games on it.
That was yesterday (now two days ago). Some patch hitting.

Today's graph is... very different (the little blip is what was on yesterday's screenshot):

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 15.46.07.png