Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea trickery spec is complete trash for a game like this, anyone planning on actually using Shadowheart needs to respec her immediately so she has useful domain spells.

War is pretty decent if you need another fatter front like type, storms and nature can also be pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thought this game was just raping my CPU, came to realize it was running at almost 100c. Shut that shit down quickly. Now I have to make a run for thermal paste. Least it's not the game and is solvable? Glad I realized it in time and didn't fry anything.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
For my first playthrough (there's is a 0% chance it will be the only one) I am playing a Bard and man... he's owning both the roles of 'thief' and 'cleric' while still being able to talk his way out of a jam. The third level spell 'Warden of Vitality' has been clutch. Picked it up at level 6 when you get your chance to grab two spells from ANY class and man... wowza.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I did also rerolled Shadowheart into a life cleric. It's a huge improvement over her trickery spec.
By doing this did it affect her storyline in any shape or form? Since she will no longer be a worshipper of Shar. I want to change her to life domain but not mess up her storyline.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
For my first playthrough (there's is a 0% chance it will be the only one) I am playing a Bard and man... he's owning both the roles of 'thief' and 'cleric' while still being able to talk his way out of a jam. The third level spell 'Warden of Vitality' has been clutch. Picked it up at level 6 when you get your chance to grab two spells from ANY class and man... wowza.
Lore bard?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
By doing this did it affect her storyline in any shape or form? Since she will no longer be a worshipper of Shar. I want to change her to life domain but not mess up her storyline.
No, class changes do not affect character stories at all. Confirmed by dev.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I plan on changing Astarion from a rogue to a bard and probably replace Gale. I’m getting tired of him begging for magic items. Plus my paladin and Karlach is doing enough damage to carry the group and a utility class would be a nice addition.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I plan on changing Astarion from a rogue to a bard and probably replace Gale. I’m getting tired of him begging for magic items. Plus my paladin and Karlach is doing enough damage to carry the group and a utility class would be a nice addition.
I am currently rolling with:
  • Barbarian Berserker (PC)
  • Gale (Wild Magic Sorcerer)
  • Lore Bard
  • Shadowheart (still in Trickery as I've been trying to make it work. It just isn't very useful and I will need to respec her).

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
gale is still gonna need items whether he's in your group or not, fyi.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While its an interesting narrative element it is kind of annoying to hold onto junk just so you arent forced to give up anything actually good.

Not that gold has been any particular issue for me I guess.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Restarting as Warlock now that I have more of a feel for the characters and builds. Will just run Karlach for my Barbarian. Was still in Act 1 (like 12 hours maybe). Much better idea on how to play now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can you just kill him?
if you're talking about gale...
no, you can't just kill him. i mean, you CAN but it doesn't solve the problem. you have to res him or it's game over. the only way to avoid giving him items is to not have ever recruited him or to get him to leave the party, though i'm not sure when and how you'd get him to do that

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would like a mod that allows "Detect Magic" to draw an outline, similar to what a "Trap" outline looks like, only instead of Orange, its Blue - and that will tell you if a magic/important object is in it or not. Its the biggest time waster in this game so far, where you'll go through 40 barrels and crates in an area, but if you skip that last barrel, you'll never pick up Ancient Sword of Astarion slaying. Or some fucking thing'a'mah'jig that starts a quest. I have enough camping supplies in camp to stay there indefinitely.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
if you're talking about gale...
no, you can't just kill him. i mean, you CAN but it doesn't solve the problem. you have to res him or it's game over. the only way to avoid giving him items is to not have ever recruited him or to get him to leave the party, though i'm not sure when and how you'd get him to do that
When he ask for a magic item, refuse to give him one and he’ll leave.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also nice trick I learned. Pick up a few candles and in the fights drop them on the ground. You can use them to ignite weapons and do extra damage.

This kind of silly shit is why this game is so good.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I would like a mod that allows "Detect Magic" to draw an outline, similar to what a "Trap" outline looks like, only instead of Orange, its Blue - and that will tell you if a magic/important object is in it or not. Its the biggest time waster in this game so far, where you'll go through 40 barrels and crates in an area, but if you skip that last barrel, you'll never pick up Ancient Sword of Astarion slaying. Or some fucking thing'a'mah'jig that starts a quest. I have enough camping supplies in camp to stay there indefinitely.
This is another thing that bothers me with DOS games. They need ton put optional trash and ingredients in barrels and crates, put badass stuff in chests.

• 1Solidarity