Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sadly berserker is just way too busted to do anything but that I don't think. Bonus action to pick up and throw the corpses of your enemies at people is just the best.

Or if you're actually struggling in fights just have her carry explosive barrels in her inventory and throw those like tactical nukes
I get how good zerkers are, but they aren't SO good that you just can't use any other subclass. Tigerheart can cleave with any weapon, not just 2handers. So that flail that heals you Everytime you hit in one hand and in the other hand, that mace (I think it's a mace, I can't remember) that does 1d6 aoe damage everytime it hits... That is a dangerous combination when you cleave with both of them at the same time every round

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I kinda want to restart my run now that I have more of a feel for the game. Not to the end of Act 1 yet so nothing lost really.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you nerds are having problems with melee range may I introduce to you to your lord and savior: Athletics

Jump is so beyond busted in this game. It's not capped by your actual movement amount, and just scales infinitely with strength/base movement/other mods like athletics. My gith chick can leap over 20m currently for the cost of 3m of regular movement + bonus action.
I took the feat that increases your jump by 50% ("Athlete") on Lae'zel and she is jumping across the map. Easily my most constantly mobile character and I don't think I have ever burned an action on either of her racials in combat, in 7 levels.

After playing 5e in Solasta, I thought Fighters were the most boring class, but Battle Master, with getting everything back on short rests, is actually pretty good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
After multiple tries I finally killed all 3 goblin leaders last night. I didn't realize it was the boss and had the drow caught against a ladder and killed her easy. The guy with 75hp ass raped me a lot until I put everyone on the rafters and pushed him to his doom. The last one rushed me and totally isolated herself.

I am VERY weirded out by the parasites, putting them in my game brain, after I just had something removed from my real brain is freaky. LOL

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Anyone running this on Steamdeck? And if so does it perform okay?

Too lazy to play on the PC right now.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Can I play a class where I am just three halflings in a trench coat?
4hmu71w4t0731.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Cybsled

I am VERY weirded out by the parasites, putting them in my game brain, after I just had something removed from my real brain is freaky. LOL

I've collected 4 parasite jars thus far, but I haven't used any of them and I've also rejected the parasites that were in dead bodies (the parasite runs away if you reject). Afraid I'll get a "bad ending" if I go hard with the parasites.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Astarion
How prevalent is that in BG3? DOS way overused it imo.

Basically assume that everything humanoid/non-animal other than the trashiest of trash mobs has at least one bottle of grease, Alchemical Fire, a Fire Arrow, or something similar. Even some of the Goombas do.

And I'm playing on Balanced, not Tac.

velk

Trakanon Raider
When I realized I could drop chandeliers on people I was like.... ok that's awesome.

Enemies with only range attacks and lots of movement can straight up suck a dick though. I've lost most encounters like this until I get really lucky or figure something out (like LOS on the map forcing them to come closer). Is there any better way to do this? Especially as a Barbarian PC I am really gimped if I can't close the gap efficiently.

Jump - high strength barbarian can jump much further than they can run, especially if you cast jump buffs on them.

Fog cloud or darkness can block their LOS, forcing them to close in.

• 2Like

Burns

How prevalent is that in BG3? DOS way overused it imo.
I don't think surfaces factor as heavy in this game, since they do 1d8(?) or 1d6(?) per round.

In DOS I used the shit out of surfaces, mainly turning oil into fire patches, and water into electrified stuns. In this game, I don't really pay attention to that stuff and play it like every other DnD game of Magic Missile/Fireball nukes with the various "save or suck" CCs (Hideous Laughter/Hold Person).

I am almost 3/4 done with chapter 2 and don't recall the enemy tossing fire or acid at me being the make or break moments. For fights against humanoids, it still (usually) getting melee to death or a strong Wiz/Lock fucking my shit up.

As an aside, starting in chapter 2, you can get some neat arrows, so kinda want to find a good archer build for the next playthrough.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why does everyone think this gay game is the second coming of video game jesus what the fuck

• 2Smuggly
  • 2Pathetic
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 7 users

Burns

Why does everyone think this gay game is the second coming of video game jesus what the fuck

Why does anyone post TikTok bullshit like people can take anything in them seriously?

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Daidraco

Its a great game? It isnt loaded down with microtransactions? Depending on your copy, its not always online? The amount of content in the game, period? It'll keep people busy for months if not longer with casual gameplay.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What interaction am I missing that is preventing mage armor from working on barbarians?

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What interaction am I missing that is preventing mage armor from working on barbarians?
I haven't looked in to it with BG III, but for tabletop 5e, Mage Armor counts as armor and Unarmored Defense only works if the Barbarian isn't wearing any armor.

Mage Armor: The target's base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier.

Unarmored Defense: While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier.

Normally, when you have two competing armor calculations the player chooses which to take. Obviously, everyone is going to choose the best option and I assume that's what's happening in BG III.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user