Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For instance Im lvl 4 and just got to mountain pass, having banged the drow and sided with goblins. Im a fighter w sword and board, with shadowheart the Githyanki chic and Astarion. Im stuck at the first section of the mountain pass area with the undead mobs that keep spawning eachother. I have been able to work my way through most of the encounters but I miss so many attacks, I just feel like theres something wrong or that Im missing something?

I just figured out resting and shit like 3 hours into the game lol, so I am admittedly bad. Im also autistic. Anyway, what should I do before a battle encounter? Like should I try to sneak or hide? I usually just run up to mobs and start fighting. I dont really use dash or jump or anything. Its just really frustrating when the mobs are crit hitting and healing themselves, and Im stuck missing attacks and just get skull fucked over and over. I even miss ranged attacks when having the high ground, its very frustrating. So I should run my higher AC characters up to the front? Ive tried almost everything I almost got passed that encounter by kiting them but I ran out of space and got raped.
LV4 for that area is pretty low. I think I was like 5 or 6 by then. From waht I saw in this game, the mobs rape you hard if your underleveled. Jsut like you said you mis, miss, miss. I would suggest you go back and do some side shit, more exploring or even do a part of the underdark or whatever. I did both. There is some cool shit in underdark place which should not be missed IMO. There is also some good high AC shit there if you run the quests and story.
The Adimantite Forge, where you get to choose 2 pieces of armor or weapon by finding molds to forge after a tough boss battle that has mechanics of dropping the forge on his ass a few times.
1692071089828.png
1692071365948.png
When I got to mountain pass I fully completed the underdark place and like I said I was a few levels higher.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
LV4 for that area is pretty low. I think I was like 5 or 6 by then. From waht I saw in this game, the mobs rape you hard if your underleveled. Jsut like you said you mis, miss, miss. I would suggest you go back and do some side shit, more exploring or even do a part of the underdark or whatever. I did both. There is some cool shit in underdark place which should not be missed IMO. There is also some good high AC shit there if you run the quests and story.
The Adimantite Forge, where you get to choose 2 pieces of armor or weapon by finding molds to forge after a tough boss battle that has mechanics of dropping the forge on his ass a few times.View attachment 486654
When I got to mountain pass I fully completed the underdark place and like I said I was a few levels higher.
Yeah, I just knocked that out this evening, and am level 6 now. Made the splint mail and longsword. Boss fight was pretty fun trying to figure it out. Going to go hit the pass now.

It's definitely worth exploring that area before progressing to act 2 via the pass.

Needless

Toe Sucker
this games so funny when you use shit like thunderwave, went to yeet some stupid spiders off a cliff and didnt realize astarion who was behind me, would get clipped by it so he ended up being the only fucker that got blasted into the abyss

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
this games so funny when you use shit like thunderwave, went to yeet some stupid spiders off a cliff and didnt realize astarion who was behind me, would get clipped by it so he ended up being the only fucker that got blasted into the abyss
I killed Balthazar with that. EZ350 exp and no fight with 20 undead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
legit playthrough in 10:03 (no glitches or cheats)

a secret ending only possible with Gale. He blows up himself killing Ketheric, Orin and Gortash thus killing the elder brain in act 2.

Fascinating that stuff like that is in the game.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not really a secret. I mean there is a whole talk with him about doing just that and telling him to back down in that area. So the option is there to do it while hes in your party. Some shit like "do what you have to do Gale"...

Goonsquad Officer
Yeah, I just knocked that out this evening, and am level 6 now. Made the splint mail and longsword. Boss fight was pretty fun trying to figure it out. Going to go hit the pass now.

It's definitely worth exploring that area before progressing to act 2 via the pass.
I domt thimk I triggered the boss there. Heh, I wonder if I missed it

velk

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how multiclassing in bg3 works, specifically with scribing scrolls. I know bards who multiclass into wizard can scribe scrolls, but this game doesn't seem to differentiate class spells when it comes to scrolls, so you might be able to scribe wizard spells into your sorcerer book, even though in tabletop you cannot do that. Same idea for clerics, though it should work even less since there is plebty of overlap between sorc and wizard and hardly any between wizard and cleric.

Wizard can scribe any spell that he is high enough to cast ( in any class ), and keeps them between respecs. So 1 level in wizard can get you a loooot of versatility on a cleric, bard or sorcerer.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Not the most min/max tactic, but berserker raging out and then hitting enemies with other enemies or throwing them for a two for one is just great fun.

Occasionally allows hilarity like throwing mephits at their summoners.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pardon my retardation. But when I use Bardic Inspiration on an ally, what mechanism causes it to consume a second charge of my 3?

And Act 1:
I came up into the Hag's house through the Underdark back entrance. Not knowing what it was. She did some deal thing and I made Shadowheart get her eye taken lol. Then she and the girl she had in her house just disappaered. Whatever! Guess I'll have to go try coming through the front way the next playthrough. It dispelled the Swamp's illusion though and I recognized the hag from a perception check in the Tiefling village via Warlock dialogue options.

• 1Slow

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game is fucking garbage. The difficulty is ridiculously unbalanced, and it sucks all of the fun right out of the game.

Maybe im just bad, but almost every encounter is a life or death MISS fest that usually results in one of my party members dying and me having to reload. Im no table top master, but for fucks sake, do devs not realize that shit like this is not FUN? I want a challenge, but for fucks sake.
Crowd control is your absolute greatest ally. Its quite clear you are just going ham with melee attacks and not using it. Are you using your bonus actions each turn as well?

Just learn how to use the environment and especially items, throwing items, and shoving.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pardon my retardation. But when I use Bardic Inspiration on an ally, what mechanism causes it to consume a second charge of my 3?

And Act 1:
I came up into the Hag's house through the Underdark back entrance. Not knowing what it was. She did some deal thing and I made Shadowheart get her eye taken lol. Then she and the girl she had in her house just disappaered. Whatever! Guess I'll have to go try coming through the front way the next playthrough. It dispelled the Swamp's illusion though and I recognized the hag from a perception check in the Tiefling village via Warlock dialogue options.
Go back to the house, check the fire pit.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

It should only consume 1 unless it's bugged. However, if you're a Lore Bard, Cutting Words uses it (and by default, the game uses it automatically.) There is an option to have it ask you if you want to use it instead of having it automatically be used (Hellish Rebuke and a lot of the other defensive reacts are the same way.) If you're College of Swords, the Flourishes also use Inspiration.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the first thing you should do when you add someone to the party or do a round of level-ups is go set every reaction to "Ask". Sneak attack is pretty much the only one worth leaving turned on 100% of the time.

Goonsquad Officer
Yeah, the first thing you should do when you add someone to the party or do a round of level-ups is go set every reaction to "Ask". Sneak attack is pretty much the only one worth leaving turned on 100% of the time.
even that will fuck you from time to time. I've had a boss in melee range, and a 3 hp goon. and the goon started running, my guy reacted, murdered him for 25 damage, then when his turn rolled around, he just had his limp dick basic attack.