Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Been said some of act 3 and part of the ending is buggy at times. They've gone back to the drawing board a number of times but Minthara is still bugged if you want an avil playthrough or even semi evil. They release updates and it seems to get more and more buggy. If you have plans in game involving her best to avoid her for now especially if you are on a honor mode game. Can't really keep track of what her current issue is it changes every hotfix.
I opted to become the Illithid at the end, sparing Karlach and Orpheus from doing so. I had also romanced Karlach. I chose the option to imprison myself but then offered to join Karlach and Wyll in Avernus. So, I thought, 'Oh, that's imprisoned in a metaphorical sense, I suppose.' Then, a bit later, there was a scene where I'm in jail being visited by Withers. :emoji_unamused:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't had that ending, my honor mode clear was a dark urge where.... apparently I murdered Gale instead of isobel, and my party turned on me so I had to execute them all. Doing A3 with a full part of hirelings is weird as shit

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there anything like "sell all junk" or "sell all non-legendary" kind of shit in this game?
Don't remember anything like that, although there might have been a way to put all the white/grey items in the trade window. Vendors have limited gold, that resets when you rest, so you would still need to change what is listed. I think right click sends the item to the trade window though, so you don't need to drag everything, if you were doing that.

Also, you don't need to pick up every single thing that's worth 1g.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Inventory management is what made me quit this game.
Yeah worst part of the game. Couldn't be bothered to create optimized equipment builds. Way too annoying trying to manage that. They really got to work on that with their next game.

Burns

SOP for Larian. They will probably continue what they have been doing until releasing the Enhanced Edition (with more Chapter 3 content) on the 1 year anniversary and then the only support past that is squashing bugs.

2024-03-21 16.58.18 rpgwatch.com 011ea4ec5f44.png

• 2Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
SOP for Larian. They will probably continue what they have been doing until releasing the Enhanced Edition (with more Chapter 3 content) on the 1 year anniversary and then the only support past that is squashing bugs.

View attachment 520911
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Larian didn't want to work with WoTC anymore due to DEI/ESG initiatives being "recommend" for their game(s).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Larian didn't want to work with WoTC anymore due to DEI/ESG initiatives being "recommend" for their game(s).
We'll get more about that relationship within the next two years, without a doubt. Some fired dev most likely.

• 1Like

Caliane

pretty sure larian has been thoroughly infiltrated. They were never a studio that would be able to resist the indoctrination. They were 100% the type to just accept it without question.

this is kindof standard Larian procedure. they made a big deal about wanting to go solo to make Divinity in the first place, and not wanting to be tied to anyone else. but at the same time, kept trying to get campaign creator tools going, and get WOTC on board for that.

if there is actual bad blood, its likely due to the PGL agreement fiasco WOTC got themselves into remember.

That pissed everyone off, and Larian was kindof stuck knee deep into BG3 at the time, so had to carry on.

• 3Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They are still doing patches to get some of the dialog and interactions right in act 3, some of which are game breaking if you are on honor mode. Same goes for elevators.

For all the hoopla about how the game was the greatest or whatever if you look on steam it's something like roughly only 52% of players have ever left act one.

• 1Like

Burns

They are still doing patches to get some of the dialog and interactions right in act 3, some of which are game breaking if you are on honor mode. Same goes for elevators.

For all the hoopla about how the game was the greatest or whatever if you look on steam it's something like roughly only 52% of players have ever left act one.
Some achievements were fucked on release and you could play w/o having Steam running by starting the game directly with the EXE. I didn't get any achievements for half of my first playthrough because I made my own shortcut, directly to the EXE.

Outside of that, of the games I have looked at, they rarely have achievements with high amount of players completing them, even the basic ones (admittedly, I don't look that often, since I don't care about cheaves very much).

Daidraco

Witcher 3 is an excellent game with great DLC. Even after all this time, less than 30% have actually beat the game. Disregarding the bugs etc., I just dont think a lot of people have time to sit down for these huge and epic quests that take you around the world, with a constant barrage of (key word here) "interesting" side quests that will drag out your play-through.

I would be curious to see something though - the percentage of chapter 1 thats complete, by most people. I spent a ton of hours on chapter 1, exploring every nook and cranny, and just kind of fizzled out in chapter 2. But Im not foolish enough to say that the game doesnt raise the bar, and is excellent.

velk

Trakanon Raider

That's actually pretty high by steam standards, so kind of works to prove the opposite of your point. Take a look at some of your other games - Fallout4 only had 60% make it to level 5, New Vegas had some 40% reach level 10, Kingmaker had less than 50% ever establish a barony, Saints Row 3 only had 30% complete act1, etc.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Cool. If they can make another game as good as BG3 with something different, that sounds good to me. No need to stick with D&D stuff. I'd like to see more non-fantasy RPG type games.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn't be surprised if Larian published this as a way to influence negotiations on future DLC / game for WOTC and how much the IP royalty payout is. The creation of a campaign builder + Dungeon Master game in the DnD universe (basically another try at Neverwinter Nights) could be a huge cash cow for WOTC and Larian would be the best group to produce it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Larian just gives no fucks about WOTC $$$ and wants to make new IP.

I wonder what the status is of Larian releasing the Divinity 4 engine BG3 is built on, and whether WOTC could or would want to use it for new games.

Cybsled

It probably comes down to money. WoTC made over 90 million off the back of royalty agreements from BG3 for use of the IP. Given the massive success, I wouldn't be shocked if WOTC would have then pushed for an even more higher royalty payout for any future use of the IP through DLC or sequels (presuming their original agreement only covered BG3)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Wouldn't be surprised if Larian published this as a way to influence negotiations on future DLC / game for WOTC and how much the IP royalty payout is. The creation of a campaign builder + Dungeon Master game in the DnD universe (basically another try at Neverwinter Nights) could be a huge cash cow for WOTC and Larian would be the best group to produce it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Larian just gives no fucks about WOTC $$$ and wants to make new IP.

I wonder what the status is of Larian releasing the Divinity 4 engine BG3 is built on, and whether WOTC could or would want to use it for new games.
WOTC has some in house developed program that they want to sell to dungeon masters to make "digital" PnP D&D games. Never underestimate inner office politics and it's ability to sabotage any possible smart decision.

• 3Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know how licensing would work, but I was hoping after they released BG3 and got the mechanics down they could release other games in the DND world, maybe even small games/module type things. I liked BG3 and they got the mechanics down pretty well. The game did not feel like a sucessor to BG2 however. The plot was wide and deep, but didn't mean it was that interesting.