Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Friend and I are gonna wait for the patch where you can see the other players rolls in convos and such. I hate missing out on seeing those.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You should be able to make a multiplayer only character that you can bring to other peoples in progress campaigns. Dropping in to their games so you can play an NPC is lame.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
You should be able to make a multiplayer only character that you can bring to other peoples in progress campaigns. Dropping in to their games so you can play an NPC is lame.
If this works the same as Divinity (which it should) then you can. Took me a bit of research to find it for a friend and i.
Here is how you do it.
1) you both have to start together
pick who will be the host and start a normal game, when in char creation, invite your friend(s)
they will enter your game in char creation as well.
You should be on discord or something as well
when you are both ready, you start the game and you will both be in the starter area.

When you are done playing your session, just save game

Next session, you hit continue and when you start, you will have control of all the chars.
Invite your friend and when he joins, he populates his guy automatically.

My friend and I are playing where we both made "mains" and we both control 1 NPC via the group linking char portraits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fun little moment: I came across the group hanging around the chapel or whatever and ended up failing a check to scare them off, so I wound up in a fight with them. I got two of them prone with a grease spell, and a turn or two later I'm browsing through Gale's spells and see what looks to be a decent AOE spell to use, but unbeknownst to me it also has a force effect that can affect things on the map. I guess the two were prone underneath some hanging stone that got knocked loose by the AOE spell and it crashed down through the ground, creating a hole that sent them falling down to their deaths into an underground area.

If the rest of the game holds up with these sorts of moments then it's going to be great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There is quite a bit of this sort of environment related gameplay elements. It has to have been a royal bitch to develop but now that they have it as a tool it should be possible to do some pretty awesome things with it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So can someone gamesplain this to me? Is this a beta of the full game or like just part of the game where you reach a point where it says “you must gather your party to venture forth. Stay tuned for 2021”

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
So can someone gamesplain this to me? Is this a beta of the full game or like just part of the game where you reach a point where it says “you must gather your party to venture forth. Stay tuned for 2021”

Its only the first Act of the game, you can play it as much as you want while the devs continue to work on the rest of the Acts. Updates will be continuously made to the version of the game you have, like most Early Access releases. At the moment there are bugs and lack of polish which would be expected. Limited number of Classes/Races/etc. But you are basically paying for the entire game up front , and as a bonus get access to Act 1. Full release is at least a year away.

Cybsled

There is also a level cap. You can technically get to level 5, but you only get abilities/stats/etc up to level 4.

Game looks interesting, but I'm going to hold off until the game is fixed more/they add more content/they add monks ;)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

You are far from the only one confused. The Steam forums are filled with people crying about how it's unfinished or that they rushed the main quest in 6-8 hours, but they were PROMISED 25 hours.

It's not even to beta stage yet, it is Alpha access and, like Brodhi said, only Act 1, at that. It is consistent with the other two early accesses from Larian but they should have been more clear on the store page, for people that did not follow D:OS or D:OS2. Steam is also at fault, as it is an inherent problem with steam's early access due to the huge variety in the state of the various games that use it.

Last edited:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You are far from the only one confused. The Steam forums are filled with people crying about how it's unfinished or that they rushed the main quest in 6-8 hours, but they were PROMISED 25 hours.

It's not even to beta stage yet, it is Alpha access and, like Brodhi said, only Act 1, at that. It is consistent with the other two early accesses from Larian but they should have been more clear on the store page, for people that did not follow D:OS or D:OS2. Steam is also at fault, as it is an inherent problem with steam's early access due to the huge variety in the state of the various games that use it.

Yeah I had a few friends buy it off steam and msg me "BG III is out!" only to realize a few hours later they bought an unfinished game.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I had a few friends buy it off steam and msg me "BG III is out!" only to realize a few hours later they bought an unfinished game.

This is one of those games that you wait for it to complete and savor it. Just like I'm going to do with Cyberpunk in a month.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Steam does have fairly large 'This is Early Access....' warning messages that you have to acknowledge along the path to purchase. I guess people look at it as an EULA and ignore it.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This is one of those games that you wait for it to complete and savor it. Just like I'm going to do with Cyberpunk in a month.

yeah I’ve been holding off on Wasteland 3 specifically for this reason. Waiting on just one more patch.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
All these complaints just sound like a bunch of boomers and zoomers who don't do the slightest bit of reading or research. Plenty of articles and YT videos going over what was going to be included in EA even before it released. Then there is this on the Steam page (I don't know if this has been there since Tuesday or not).

BD3 early access.JPG

Cybsled

I could see some confusion if they didn’t read the “fine print”. There are lots of games on Steam that are EA and are “complete” so to speak, so most of these people probably assumed this was the same

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've put almost 60 hours into the Early Access thus far and I absolutely love it. I have some major complaints, but overall I love the current game. Obviously, there are some VERY rough edges and a number of things are going to need numerous passes to get right, but it FEELS like D&D. I was extremely worried it was going to just feel like a DoS II mod, but thankfully I was wrong.

The max level is 4 and I'm confident I've done everything the game has to offer so far. Graphics are beautiful, score is great, and the voice acting is very good. I'll save my detailed opinion on narrative and game system iteration until closer to launch.

P.S. They absolutely NAILED the look, sound, and feel of the Underdark.

P.S.S. Someone mentioned they didn't think you were supposed to be able to kill the Phase Spider 'Queen.' Well, I did. I had to use the Horn you get from contracting the 3 ogres, but she died. I wish I had saved the horn for that cunty hag in the swamp (yet to kill that bitch) because the Phase Spider only dropped a shitty robe.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users