Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I really hope they nail this. The other Baldur's Gate games were fucking awesome. Also, I want Drizzt's swords again. heh

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Would be cool to see a lot of cross over stuff like that. Bob built so much of that world it would be nice to see his stuff appear all over.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I really hope they nail this. The other Baldur's Gate games were fucking awesome. Also, I want Drizzt's swords again. heh

Only a yearish until we find out probably. Two more classes to go, doubtful they will add them both in one patch, so next patch probably in November. So far their schedule has been around 5-6 months between major patches. So last major patch in April-May 2023? Guessing at least a few months after the last patch for release.

My hope is that they learned from DOS2. Act 1 was early access, like BG3 act 1 is too. It was perfectly polished due to all the external testing and feedback. Act 2 and 3 were internal testing only, like in BG3. Act 2 had some bugs and the third act was utterly broken and took 6ish? months to fix.

So far it looks better and better. The tone is much more Baldurs Gate now than Divinity Original Sin. When early access first launched, it looked like a reskin of DOS2. From the over the top bloom/brightness to the graphics on the items/icons.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im just glad they keep making the turn based CRPGs again. I will support this no doubt. As to Divinity I actually found the first one the be better. I didnt like the shit they added in the second. Still enjoyed them both though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like at least one of the last two missing classes (Monk & Paladin) will be implemented in December. Hopefully both. The 2023 release is still on track:

2022-11-13 09.04.32 steamcommunity.com b64660b402cc.png

Most of the blog is on how they are using MoCap for the animations:

Larian studios gave me a turn-based crpg right when I needed one, D:OS. Now we soon get a Baldur's Gate revisit, by them.

It's like living in a house full of hot lesbian strippers, and one of them decides, no, she wants you, and to prove it, she cuts off her dick.

on a serious note, D:OS was a computer killer. I suspect this thing is going to be a beast to run smoothly. Ar least on my end. And I want to play this in good detaiul. So...

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Sticking this in a spoiler just for those who didn't watch the video and don't want spoilers:

WTF is Minsc doing in this? I thought this happened some 200 years after BG1&2?

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sticking this in a spoiler just for those who didn't watch the video and don't want spoilers:

WTF is Minsc doing in this? I thought this happened some 200 years after BG1&2?
He was turned to stone for a couple centuries and gets freed.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like...

Our boy was stuck in a mimic for a long ass time. But no hamster? Fucking trash.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users