Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Perfect example of him overhyping. Neither game has 11/10 features, that’s just embarrassing. He was blowing his load over a freaking cinematic in ff16. Zelda has a ‘build structures out of random shit’ feature that was fairly fresh, but other than that neither game did anything that hasn’t been done in other games. Most of the ‘features’ were either identical to the previous game in Zelda’s case, and super simplistic in ff16’s case.
Exactly. They’re just solid, worthwhile games. I gush some on FF16’s story but it’s not better than 4-7 imo.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No? I’ve never even played Diablo 4 lol

I’m just talking about your tendency to gush like a soy sucking child on every new game that comes out, like these bg3 article writers.
Just trying to figure out the hostility and D4 is a game I didn't like much. Back off a bit, Jesus Christ. I've played exactly three new games recently.

What is a 11/10 feature and what are those features in Zelda / FF16? I haven't played either game.
Zelda has it's puzzles and the building system, take a look at YouTube videos of "build of the week". There's a huge variety of optional content. Story/dialouge is a bit clunky though.

FF16 has insane summon battles which tie in really well to the great story, but it blows it's wad 75% in and gives itself nowere else to go for a limp ending. Combat is divisive, it feels good but is too easy.

So BG3 will win GotY IMO if it lives up to the hype, but I've not followed the thread enough to know. I did play DOS1 and it clearly wasn't a finished game in the later acts.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think 11/10 is a valid metric. If I had an idea of what a perfect score would be and somebody exceeded those expectations I'd rate it 11/10.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
If we went camping and you got savagely raped in the ass by a giant bear cock in the middle of the night, would you tell anyone?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'll catch up on this thread soon enough, but there are still tons of CRPGs from the 90s and 2000's that I bet most here have not played and have more depth then any modern shit. Get a GoG account and get good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bitching about the humor in this game when it’s being made by the same dev team that did divinity doesn’t make any sense. Like what did you even expect, atleast moan about something unanticipated. There should be an apt meme for this, maybe the arrested development one, too lazy to add it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How many of you are going to be enjoying this game while sipping on a Diet Dr. Pepper?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bitching about the humor in this game when it’s being made by the same dev team that did divinity doesn’t make any sense. Like what did you even expect, atleast moan about something unanticipated. There should be an apt meme for this, maybe the arrested development one, too lazy to add it.
I expected it to be there obviously, they are who they are. I also expected them to dial back the frequency or not focus on it so much since it’s not their IP and BG wasn’t as goofy as their games. Hopefully that’s the case, the bear video just made me feel like maybe they just couldn’t help it and focused on it as much as DOS games. So, I’m not really bitching about their humor, it’s just another ‘wait and see’ point for me, I’m wary of those three points I listed is all.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I expect that someday they'll get rid of the retard that takes a big steaming shit all over the writing in their games. Like Hateyou Hateyou , I was hoping that BG3 would be the game where it finally happened due to it not being their IP, but sadly it seems that wasn't the case.

• 2Like

Burns

I expect that someday they'll get rid of the retard that takes a big steaming shit all over the writing in their games. Like Hateyou Hateyou , I was hoping that BG3 would be the game where it finally happened due to it not being their IP, but sadly it seems that wasn't the case.
Their core team is still Dutch and I think their humor has a lot to do with their culture, so they will never "get rid" of it. I will withhold judgment until actually playing that game, since people have said that they seriously toned it down after getting feedback for the first Early Access build. I didn't mind their humor in previous games, but it's a bit too much on the goofy side, for a proper DnD game.

I also think the bear fucking is a bit of a joke, and on point for their type of humor; they just didn't ham it up completely, like Super Troopers, or some shit. I think it would have been funnier if it turned into some fantasy animal though, as druids can (in PnP) can turn into anything that fits in a challenge rating for their level. Maybe an Owlbear, to kinda poke fun at Owlcat.

My main annoyance with it (and the whole segment) is that they felt they needed to spend so much time on the romance bullshit, as a promo, and are playing it up in the trailer.

Caliane

owlbears are a monstrosity. most of the magical beasts are. druids can't transform into those. beasts, elementals, dragons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The monk animations look really good in the video I saw today. I liked them alot.

Also I forgot that monks insane amount of mobility points lets you make a TON of actions per turn.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
is this the Bang Bear being serenaded by a hobbit with a lyre?

1689633421507.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The monk animations look really good in the video I saw today. I liked them alot.

Also I forgot that monks insane amount of mobility points lets you make a TON of actions per turn.
Yeah watching monk vids makes me wish I could test it in EA, looks right up my alley. Looks like a thief with better mobility and even cooler animations.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played through the early access content when it was first made available, but not wanting to spoil anymore of the experience, I haven't touched it since.

I'm hyper-aware of woke nonsense and have I very little patience for it, but I really don't remember seeing much/if any of it during my playthrough. Granted, my experience was in the earliest days of the EA and a lot has changed since then. Not to mention, I only played through a small portion of the total game and there's a lot of content I didn't see, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ~50 hours I spent playing it.

I've played tabletop D&D for 30+ years and I currently run a weekly campaign that's been going for a year and a half. BG I/II are two of my favorite games and I can't remember a game that had me as excited as I am for BG III.

All that said, I have no doubt that there are going to be brief moments of woke pandering that are going to make me roll my eyes, but I'm not going to rob myself of playing an incredible RPG over content that I will naturally avoid because I'm not a degenerate and won't make those narrative choices.

Lastly, to you faggots saying "10 years ago you would have thought a vampire fucking a bear was hilarious." You know what? You're exactly right. We probably would have, but the fact that it's now pissing A LOT of people off is evidence of how fed up people have gotten with being beaten over the head by woke/SJW nonsense. It's like having a shitty wife/girlfriend/friend/whatever that constantly treats you like shit, but you let it go until you can't and then everything they do pisses you off. Even stuff that wouldn't normally infuriate you boils your blood, but when you've had enough, you've had enough and you just want everything about them to fuck off.

We've had enough. Fuck off.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users