Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If we went camping and you got savagely raped in the ass by a giant bear cock in the middle of the night, would you tell anyone?

I thought you weren't telling anyone about your escapades in Canada... Does this mean you will tell me the full story next weekend for drunk gaming weekend?

Also, we can continue to try and convince Kyougou Kyougou he is really not from Portugal. We all know he is Italian.

1689688442687.png

"Listen buddy, first of all, I'm from fucking Portugal!"

Come on Kyougou Kyougou just admit you live in Italy already - you should be proud. General Patton loved the place.

Last edited:
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
So when they announced the pre-orders automatically got upgraded I pulled the trigger and bought this. I have it already but didn't install as I didn't want to replay the early game over that quickly. It's going to be live on PC in a few weeks and now I really don't see the point in starting the EA part.

What I am having a hard time finding is anything concrete that looks like a manual. You know with classes/skills/spells/etc just like the first 2 games came with (in spiral books if you bought it old school). Every website I see , including the official one , has pretty pictures, no real info and references the EA parts.
So is there not a manual , or is it so damn self explanatory that I am worrying over nothing? I HATE mindflayers and wanted to plan a char that would at least stand a chance against psionics (assuming they still call it that).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So when they announced the pre-orders automatically got upgraded I pulled the trigger and bought this. I have it already but didn't install as I didn't want to replay the early game over that quickly. It's going to be live on PC in a few weeks and now I really don't see the point in starting the EA part.

What I am having a hard time finding is anything concrete that looks like a manual. You know with classes/skills/spells/etc just like the first 2 games came with (in spiral books if you bought it old school). Every website I see , including the official one , has pretty pictures, no real info and references the EA parts.
So is there not a manual , or is it so damn self explanatory that I am worrying over nothing? I HATE mindflayers and wanted to plan a char that would at least stand a chance against psionics (assuming they still call it that).
Man real manuals have been dead for decades. They don’t even put a single page in games anymore, it’s a case and a disk/cartridge.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I only played it when EA was first released, but I think they have tooltips and a codex (help) for most everything useful that would go in a manual. Of course, that can make character creation take a long time, but you should be able to see enough pertinent info to make a choice.

If you want more in depth resources to look at right now, you can read over the PnP stuff at the following places. The game is changing how races affect stats, so mostly disregard the PnP for those. I posted the official picture listing all the game's subclasses/races, 4 or 5 pages ago; they are also listed on the Jun 29 steam update:

This guy rates the various sub classes and spells (I really like it as a reference for Pathfinder too):​
A 5e wiki that's is a bit easier to navigate:​

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For big games with a strong online following I'd much prefer that a developer facilitates a wiki page as the official documentation than create what will probably be a useless manual with one or more dubiously maintained fan wikis with a bunch of ads.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page Is a top-tier example of this.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For big games with a strong online following I'd much prefer that a developer facilitates a wiki page as the official documentation than create what will probably be a useless manual with one or more dubiously maintained fan wikis with a bunch of ads.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page Is a top-tier example of this.
Yeah. As much as I loved manuals back in the day I think games have outgrown the need for them. Especially huge games like BG3 will be. I’d much rather be able to search within a wiki.

Last Epoch has an in game wiki that is fantastic. You can even find a topic and link it in chat as if it were an item. Pretty amazing asking a question in the chat and you get an in game link directly to the topic from someone.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I LOVED BG1 and BG2. Obviously they're all-time greats and both games remind me of gaming with my bros as a teenager. However, 1 of them is dead now and the other barely plays 1hr/week of games due to family life.

So, BG3 doesn't quite hold the appeal it otherwise would have. Because of that, I'll likely wait until this either goes on sale or has a "definitive" edition like they did with the Divinity games. It'll be hard missing out on some hard bear cock but I waited for both the Divinity games and never regretted that decision either time. Plus, after getting soured by how verbose Wrath of the Righteous was, I'm not sure how long I'm going to last in BG3 if it ends up a fucking conversation simulator like I think it might.

• 3Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the assist bros! I'll check them out. I realize paper manuals are dead, I'd read the pdf/epub anyhow but I just wanted general info and this looks right up my alley.

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
I played EA when it first came out and was blown away. This game will be great. Played a bit of the EA again earlier this week and love the improvements. This game is gonna be a blast and I can't wait to get a lot deeper into it. I never META these games I always play the character I like most, a rogue. In early EA they were OP, but now it appears that isn't the case anymore.

• 2Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Main issue I have about getting motivated by this release is that both with Divinity 1 and 2, they came with a Definitive Edition that had a lot of nice changes+story reworks like 9months later, and honestly it feels like I could just sit on it until next year and just play the better version at that point. Maybe THIS TIME they didn't rush the 3rd act and it won't be of noticeably lower quality than the rest but I'm not holding my breath so tempted to just skip. Kinda like how I still haven't played Cyberpunk and it seems like I'll be getting "rewarded" by playing the 2.0 version once they release the DLC for it(although I'll probably give it a month too so they fix the glaring crashes and other issues that they're bound to run into).

These days it feels like the smarter way to just wait a few months or a year to play anything so it's properly finished. Obviously can't apply to mmos or some other games like competitive online stuff but yeah.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I am playing this once a week with buddies as if it was a D&D campaign, so if they make updates within 6 months I imagine we will not have finished by then.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mortim has a full series of class guides in progress already, as well as some stuff about multiclassing and the origin characters:

So far he's got Warlock, Sorcerer, Barbarian, Paladin, and Bard done, but he'll probably get them all out before release at the rate he's going.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am playing this once a week with buddies as if it was a D&D campaign, so if they make updates within 6 months I imagine we will not have finished by then.

This is what TJT TJT and I and a few others did. We had a weekly game night for a while with Divinity. It was hilarious.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think the best way to play this game is to mainline it yourself at least once and play with buddies as well on a separate save - there seems to be a TON of story stuff here if the EA is anything to go by. Playing with friends just for the lulz/gnome throwing

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Man, the days of staying too long on the shitter to finish reading the manual of the newest game I bought. Or even before that, the skimpy Atari 2600 manuals that my parents bought. That was living.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So glad they made this change. Now I can play any race/class combo without worrying about points.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think it's a fucking stupid change, it neuters any impact or importance to the race/bloodline/lineage (whatever the fuck you want to call it that won't trigger your snowflake self) choice.

To pretend that races, especially ones with that much anatomical and biological difference, would not have any differences in their average, minimum, or maximum physical and mental capacities is asinine. Completely counter to reality.

• 6Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 11 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's a fucking stupid change, it neuters any impact or importance to the race/bloodline/lineage (whatever the fuck you want to call it that won't trigger your snowflake self) choice.

To pretend that races, especially ones with that much anatomical and biological difference, would not have any differences in their average, minimum, or maximum physical and mental capacities is asinine. Completely counter to reality.
Found the half orc biggot

• 6Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users