Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

velk

Trakanon Raider
Drow Handcrossbow Sword Bard hmmmmmmm!?

I actually did some research on how they implemented it, and apparently in BG3 you don't even need crossbow expert, you can just inherently reload hand crossbows even if you are dual wielding ( and the game has hand crossbows in it, which always helps ), so you don't need variant human, and can go drow if you want.

So looks like that kind of cheese is a go ;p

You don't even need to be embarrassed while trying to argue with the DM that crossbow expert is a legitimate rule even if the mechanics of it are about as plausible as reloading while dual wielding uzis.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
hmmm

I kind of like the idea of karmic dice. Whenever I stacked ridic AC on my tank and nothing could hit him unless they crit, it was kind of silly. The converse is true.

• 2WTF
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya they can't add things you find objectionable to the game and not refund it cuz alt tabbed out and racked up 2 hours

That's gonna do it for preorders in clown world for me, I'd trusted Larian ;/

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ya they can't add things you find objectionable to the game and not refund it cuz alt tabbed out and racked up 2 hours

That's gonna do it for preorders in clown world for me, I'd trusted Larian ;/
I mean. More your fault than theirs. You knew the game was incomplete when you bought early access.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean. More your fault than theirs. You knew the game was incomplete when you bought early access.

Yeah my fault that a pronouns field, a very very small UI element, was added 2 years later by a company who never did it before

Guess no one in their estimation might find that objectionable (yeah right, very sneaky)

Why 2 years other than to make sure it passes the woke check then slip it in after

• 1Pathetic

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah my fault that a pronouns field, a very very small UI element, was added 2 years later by a company who never did it before

Guess no one in their estimation might find that objectionable (yeah right, very sneaky)

Why 2 years other than to make sure it passes the woke check then slip it in after

Assume GIF by Modern Love

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

1237.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
hmmm

I kind of like the idea of karmic dice. Whenever I stacked ridic AC on my tank and nothing could hit him unless they crit, it was kind of silly. The converse is true.
What is the point of Karmic dice exactly?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Think of it a the DM fudging dice rolls for you. It is to stop you from like failing 5 rolls in a row.
And fudging the dice for enemies. Think of all the kobolds with dumpster tier attack rolling against your fighter with ankheg armor and protection rings. With karmic dice they'll start getting through after a few bad rolls.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
And fudging the dice for enemies. Think of all the kobolds with dumpster tier attack rolling against your fighter with ankheg armor and protection rings. With karmic dice they'll start getting through after a few bad rolls.

If I've made a great build and added solid items to it, I don't really want every combat against a random kobold or goblin to be life or death at that point, unless you were perhaps RP'ing some follower of the god of luck or something. Seems a bit silly otherwise.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Think of it a the DM fudging dice rolls for you. It is to stop you from like failing 5 rolls in a row.
So it’s a form of a pity system to prevent constant streaks of bad dice rolls but it also benefits monsters too?

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm thinking maybe that I'll roll a Dwarf Paladin....maybe Oathbreaker eventually. It is weird to me that you can roll a Drow Paladin.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like it would’ve been worse than the pronoun bear fuck fest we’re actually getting tbh

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea, it doesn't sound great, but maybe it could have changed over the course of development into more bloodlines like, which might have worked. I also look at the game Dark and Darker and see it mechanically working like that, but with a full RPG story and side quests.

Witless

Trakanon Raider
Question: Will this game be a true successor to the Baldur’s Gate series, or is this DOS:3 set in the Forgotten Realms? I enjoyed the Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale series while growing up, and I think Owlcat nailed the feel of those games with their Pathfinder series. While DOS and DOS:2 are respectable games, they never had the same draw for me. I know they are using a DND ruleset, but does the gameplay feel like a BG style game?

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Question: Will this game be a true successor to the Baldur’s Gate series, or is this DOS:3 set in the Forgotten Realms? I enjoyed the Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale series while growing up, and I think Owlcat nailed the feel of those games with their Pathfinder series. While DOS and DOS:2 are respectable games, they never had the same draw for me. I know they are using a DND ruleset, but does the gameplay feel like a BG style game?
Considering characters from BG show up this is at least in universe, but no one really knows what the feel will be yet.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Considering characters from BG show up this is at least in universe, but no one really knows what the feel will be yet.

Yeah we'll have to wait until we see the Minsc and Boo sex scene to make a final determination on feel and tone. If they can keep it classy, I think it can retain the BG feel.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
The more I look at this the more confused I get , I have a lot of time to kill/fill so I'll just roll a few chars and go with it. I want something that doesn't get charmed a lot (fuck a mind flayer) and can do some dps dmg either spells/sword/bow. I am looking forward to playing this though, it's been on my radar since it was announced and I loved their other series.

Been really really hard owning this and not playing the EA part at all.....but it's almost time!

Anyone heard when the final game will pre-load , or if it will even pre-load?