Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The gold box series by SSI was so good. even the buck rogers ones.

• 7Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You should get them the old SSI l Dark Sun and Ravenloft: Stone Prophet / curse of Strahd or whatever it was called games for them if they can even be played this day. I imagine there's some decent version out there. As a kid equipped with my Packard Bell Packmate 486 DX2, 420mb, 8mb ram, I have very fond memories of the first DND videogames I played on that machine. So much fun.

Make them really understand the glory of 2E.
These were on sale recently in Steam and GoG.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
These were on sale recently in Steam and GoG.
Don't temp me....

All those old SSI games we're pretty cutting edge compared to anything else floating around. I had my car washing business as a kid before I was 16, used some of the money that I made to buy both of the dark Sun games, and played them in the evenings. I think I was reading the books with Rikus and Sadira at the time. Probably why I enjoyed them so much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know I'm in the minority, but I think multi-classing is gay as fuuuuck without a strong narrative reason.

I'm probably going to play some type of pure Dex/Cha rogue.

• 4Truth!
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can tolerate like fighter/wizard multiclass stuff but the Frankenstein bullshit in pathfinder kills me.

Lvl 5 to this class dip 1 lvl in alchemist then 3 levels into oracle. Then the next 11 levels here. Gay AF.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I know I'm in the minority, but I think multi-classing is gay as fuuuuck without a strong narrative reason.

Even for "narrative" reasons it's almost always some big 'ole fat hog who wants to be "unique". It's ALWAYS gay as fuuuuuck.
I can tolerate like fighter/wizard multiclass stuff but the Frankenstein bullshit in pathfinder kills me.

Lvl 5 to this class dip 1 lvl in alchemist then 3 levels into oracle. Then the next 11 levels here. Gay AF.
I blame 3rd edition and it only got worse in 3.5.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

The multiclassing rules in BG3 sound like multiclass characters will be pretty weak, but maybe some good combos will emerge.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The only multiclass options that have very obvious synergies to me (in this specific game) are using Sorcerer into Paladin or Warlock for the metamagic/sorcerer points.

Sorcerer Metamagic into Warlock Eldritch Blast for more range/knockback/etc is just strong and doesn't take much away from the class. Since EB is your main damage ability you'd make a lot of use of it. Similarly, metamagic into Paladin Smites would also be good while not really changing your Paladin too much.

Last time I played tabletop a lot Abjuration Wizard was as good multiclass option for melee as Arcane Ward just makes tanks even more tanky and you don't even have to sacrifice a feat for it. Usually.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Multiclassing as always can either be really strong or gimp a character. BG3 multiclassing will offer a lot of opportunities from what I've read so far (assassin, gloomstalker, figher sounds really fun, you're a frontloaded nuke basically).

This seems like a really useful support character for any party for example:

skillMonkey.png

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am disappointed with the companion variety. There really isn't much. You have the rogue, cleric, wizard, barbarian, and fighter from the trailers provided. Since we know Jaheira and Minsc are in Minsc might still be a ranger this time? Jaheira was a druid so she probably still is. I think you're really going to need to get comfortable with respeccing companions outside what fits their narrative.

You don't have multiple flavors of each like BG2 had. The companion roster was just huge. You had evil berserkers like Korgan, good ones like Minsc. Noble clerics like Aerie and evil ones like Viconia. So you really could have whatever party comp you wanted.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

no preload sadly on steam, since the version out right now is the early access (save does not carry over). So you will have to wait until release to download the 80 gig install. Hope you have fast internet!

as a reminder steam owners who buy the game before release get a free upgrade to the deluxe edition

this will be the first pc game I play since i built out a new PC almost 8 months ago lol

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am disappointed with the companion variety. There really isn't much. You have the rogue, cleric, wizard, barbarian, and fighter from the trailers provided. Since we know Jaheira and Minsc are in Minsc might still be a ranger this time? Jaheira was a druid so she probably still is. I think you're really going to need to get comfortable with respeccing companions outside what fits their narrative.

You don't have multiple flavors of each like BG2 had. The companion roster was just huge. You had evil berserkers like Korgan, good ones like Minsc. Noble clerics like Aerie and evil ones like Viconia. So you really could have whatever party comp you wanted.
I am wondering if there will be more companions in chapter 2 that they aren't announcing.

[Chapter 1 three-part spoiler, last one is the most spoilerish]: They leaned into choice and consequence with even companions. I was reading through them on Fextralife and realized that not only are 2 mutually exclusive (Paladin vs Druid), one of your exiting companions will also leave, if you side with the paladin.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Yeah the count / variety seems lightweight. I wonder if the cost per line and the number of lines per member is high enough to dissuade them from having a bunch. BG2's companion count was absurd. You were also highly demotivated to sample different companions because of how far behind they'd be. Even with having 6 party members, having a pity-slot that you rotated out to do quests and try out different companions could be a hindrance in tough encounters where every member counted.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the count / variety seems lightweight. I wonder if the cost per line and the number of lines per member is high enough to dissuade them from having a bunch.
Eh, they got Matt Mercer for Minsc which almost certainly cost the single biggest chunk of the voice budget by a huge margin. I don't see anyone else in the rest of the cast famous enough to get paid more than whatever base tier VA rates are these days. Hell, they didn't even cough up big money for Jaheira. Aside from the two Hollywood guys (J.K. Simmons and Jason Isaacs) anyway, and I'd guess their roles probably don't have a huge number of lines. BTVA cast list is far from complete, but generally if a big name has a role it's on there immediately.

I don't really mind the low-ish number of companions, to me it's more that very few of them seem interesting in either backstory or class setup. Definitely going to use Minsc and Jaheira for nostalgia sake, and the rest will just be whoever ends up least annoying to listen to. I'd rather respec everyone than have to put up with the vampire to have a rogue, etc.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Eh, they got Matt Mercer for Minsc which almost certainly cost the single biggest chunk of the voice budget by a huge margin. I don't see anyone else in the rest of the cast famous enough to get paid more than whatever base tier VA rates are these days. Hell, they didn't even cough up big money for Jaheira. Aside from the two Hollywood guys (J.K. Simmons and Jason Isaacs) anyway, and I'd guess their roles probably don't have a huge number of lines. BTVA cast list is far from complete, but generally if a big name has a role it's on there immediately.

I don't really mind the low-ish number of companions, to me it's more that very few of them seem interesting in either backstory or class setup. Definitely going to use Minsc and Jaheira for nostalgia sake, and the rest will just be whoever ends up least annoying to listen to. I'd rather respec everyone than have to put up with the vampire to have a rogue, etc.
Them not using Jim Cummings is going to throw me off. He's one of my favorite voice actors and his characters are so iconic and his voice is so identifiable.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Gloomstalker - PC
Life Cleric
Champion
Conjuration Wiz

Or something. Still can't decide - really want to try monk too