Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any good reviews out? RageGaming put one out but he makes money off hyping the latest big game, no criticism at all.

Here's the only review you need: "The game is fucking awesome. Buy it." Seriously, this one is a no brainer.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright so why isn't there an option to speed up/skip the d20 animation.

Every goddamn thing I click on takes an extra 30s for this stupid thing to finish

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2023-08-03 17.32.32 steamdb.info c9e22b79c35e.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Mine now says 11 hours to go :emoji_laughing:

People getting home from work and using up my interweb power

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Never played D&D. I think I tried Baldur's Gate 1 at friends for a few minutes 20ish years ago and noped out because I have never enjoyed turn-based games, nor did I enjoy reading walls of text in games. Well now I am old and I like to read and my reflexes ain't what they used to be so turn-based now has a slight appeal.

Based on that info do the Baldur's Gate Veterans think I would enjoy this?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Alright so why isn't there an option to speed up/skip the d20 animation.

Every goddamn thing I click on takes an extra 30s for this stupid thing to finish
left click it furiously to skip. Or maybe enter, haven't tried that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Never played D&D. I think I tried Baldur's Gate 1 at friends for a few minutes 20ish years ago and noped out because I have never enjoyed turn-based games, nor did I enjoy reading walls of text in games. Well now I am old and I like to read and my reflexes ain't what they used to be so turn-based now has a slight appeal.

Based on that info do the Baldur's Gate Veterans think I would enjoy this?
Probably. It’s turn based 3D combat with tons of battlefield shenanigans, Larian really excels at that. There’s not going to be a lot, if any, turn based games with this level of production value. There isn’t going to be as much reading as the old ones because of the voice acting, but obviously your choices will be. So, there won’t be walls of text which I think is good honestly.

I’d say watch 10-15 minutes of various gameplay like dialogue and combat and if you don’t fall asleep you’re probably good.

• 1Solidarity

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
They've tweaked enough that I've seen plenty of new things in Act 1 compared to EA.

Well meh. Started as a bard, wanted it to be a rogue ish bard with slight of hand, so picked that. Only to realize that the lore bard gets arcana, sleight of hand and intimidation for free when you pick that subclass. Apparently in "real" 5e you should get to pick those three? But here they are locked. They don't stack. Tried the mechanic to reset my class, but it only resets class and all skills, your background can't be changed which is where I got sleight of hand from.

Also tactician requires 80 food to rest instead of 40. Unless all difficulties now require 80 now? Was only 40 in the EA.

Yeah, normal mode is 40, so must be a tactician thing. I've got to say, the mobs definitely hit a lot more and harder than in EA, and target your soft back line more.

Some really good QOL changes

things like Gale being able to eat a lot more random magic items, instead of only the useful ones. The changes to Wylls storyline are also massive, with a fun twist if youre playing a 'good'walkthrough and save Karlach

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I did the Gith greatsword. Using the GS from the demon on the ship (not my SS). Underwear minigame is great.

1691104438754.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 7 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Took less than 20 minutes to download and install the game on Steam. But it took me about 30 minutes to create my damn character. I was really surprised that the devil commander still dropped his greatsword. I would of thought they would remove it. That’s a pretty powerful weapon to have that early in the game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Haha this is cool.

So I made use of my Apple TV 4K. Downloaded the steam link app, paired my dual sense controller with the Apple TV 4K via Bluetooth and wham. 65” couch BG3 with a ps5 controller.

Works great too 👍👍👍

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Haha this is cool.

So I made use of my Apple TV 4K. Downloaded the steam link app, paired my dual sense controller with the Apple TV 4K via Bluetooth and wham. 65” couch BG3 with a ps5 controller.

Works great too 👍👍👍
We know you just wanted maximum sized bear cock.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
the UI needs an ingame clock. I just noticed it's 3 AM right now. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Took less than 20 minutes to download and install the game on Steam. But it took me about 30 minutes to create my damn character. I was really surprised that the devil commander still dropped his greatsword. I would of thought they would remove it. That’s a pretty powerful weapon to have that early in the game.
it's sort of weird, because ANY magical item is pretty powerful on a lvl 1 character, the normal +fire damage weapon in dnd is +2d6. so it's LESS powerful than what you'd normally get