<Gold Donor>
uhoh, my GTX 1080Ti might not make it through this game

1691178473770.png

• 6Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Knowing jack and shit about D&D specifics other then the very basic understanding from games long ago, it seemed like a Half Orc Beserker w/ champion sub class was very synergistic and face roll starting character on lower difficulty. That and a fighter chick with the extra attack abilities seems like a strong foundation to melee bash without too much complexity.

I always love sorc/wiz type classes in most games I play MMO or single player but DnD's approach always took the interest out of it for me. Next play through i'll finally take the time to learn the mechanics and leverage them more. Like just let me cast Ice Comet for 8 seconds mother fuckers!!! #HighSkillCeiling

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Surprised you can't just make characters outside of the start of the game, allowing you to build a stable to pick from when starting/joining campaigns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Knowing jack and shit about D&D specifics other then the very basic understanding from games long ago, it seemed like a Half Orc Beserker w/ champion sub class was very synergistic and face roll starting character on lower difficulty. That and a fighter chick with the extra attack abilities seems like a strong foundation to melee bash without too much complexity.

I always love sorc/wiz type classes in most games I play MMO or single player but DnD's approach always took the interest out of it for me. Next play through i'll finally take the time to learn the mechanics and leverage them more. Like just let me cast Ice Comet for 8 seconds mother fuckers!!! #HighSkillCeiling
In the pnp version, half orc zerkers are pretty great, but they are a little over specialized because the racials and zerkers abilities overlap a lot. So it does make those specific abilities really strong.

For example, all barbs get brutal critical which add an extra weapon dice to crits, and that's exactly what the orc racial does. So when a half orc barb crits, they hit HARD. but crits always depend on your luck so it's hard to depend on them. Zerkers and half orcs also have the same ability for getting knocked down to zero, so they are extremely hard to keep them down, but again, barbs have the highest HP and have resistance to damage while raging so they are always the last ones to go down anyways.

Obviously they have A LOT of strengths and bg3 seems to have reduced a lot of that redundancy. Half orc zerkers are definitely on point thematically

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, unless bg3 does something goofy with spells, all clerics get spiritual weapon. It is a lvl 2 spell though, so you need to be level 3 cleric to prepare it.

ah gotcha. Thanks, then I need one more level of cleric, since I went storm sorc first.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I keep seeing this and forgetting to mention it. The ESRB says this game has "Partial Nudity"

Uh. Partial? Is it not full nudity because we can't actually see bear dong?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
The combat AI is 1:1 from Original Sin II. When the combat starts and an enemy moves first he's going to throw all kinds of room igniting shit, cast the wildest scrolls machine gun style and then A-10 you with some 300 gold per shot acid cloud arrows.

Other than that great game. I started Tactician but realized that is pure self hate. Now I am running around with some weird orc nudist gang and telling people "I am some true trueist" pointing to my penis number 5.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ooooooooohhhh

Yeaaahhhhhh

Woke up drunk and someone stole my clothes and I’m looking like Randy Savage.

1691181313446.jpeg

• 10Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 14 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well already freaking started over. Probably no good reason to but thought nope...1st play through I want 100% to be evil and play the part. Wanted to go evil paladin but what little reading I did sounds like vegence isn't "evil" just follows a very kill all the bad people instead of forgiving theme. So i assume I would still become an oath breaker eventually if I am really going out of my way to be a bad bad man?

So...just restarted as a Drow Rogue worshipping Lotilith or whatever. Figured stealing shit and being a dark god worshiping dark elf should align with the premise of my play though? Assuming that will get along well with the green fighter you get early on right? She seemed pretty "practicial" and cunty. Was thinking a beserker as a 3rd eventually so lots of melee engagement then rogue to stab stab from the back? You can do merc's right so i can get a non-orgin story evil cleric since from what little I played on 1st attempt it seemed like shadowheart was pretty "sensitive".

Is there any advantages to oath breaker? Just glancing at a few things it sounded like you lose your special divine skill or whatever so is there an equal trade off or are you slightly more gimped if you don't follow your oath. Also why no oath options to actual be full out evil vs. merciless.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
uhoh, my GTX 1080Ti might not make it through this game

View attachment 485309
My GTX 970 is chugging along just fine with most things on high or better. Shadows, fog, and reflections always cause a hiccup, so I lower those to medium.

I didn't update my driver yesterday, and everyone's hair was bleached out. After updating it's all fine though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it worth taking wis, int, or cha past 10 as a rogue? I'm figuring on going 5 Thief (Uncanny Dodge) / 5 Berserker (Extra Attack + Fast Movement) / 2 Fighter (Action Surge). Dex-based since there seems to be no drawback for doing so, and plenty of upsides. So I'm leaning towards taking str to 12 (slightly better jump distance?), dex to 17, and con to 15, then the rest 10's. If I take str to 14 and leave con at 14 than I have an odd number of stat points and I'll waste a point when leveling rogue and barb to 4. With two odd scores I can end up with 20 dex and 16 con instead. Anything I've overlooked there?

Is respec totally free? Still have no idea what order to take the level-ups other than probably waiting to get the fighter levels at 11-12.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Idk, that dice rolling screen comes up pretty often. Seems all I do I roll em snake eyes!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Anyone else mess with the Assassin subclass yet? I'm attacking people from stealth/hidden, I get the advantage from being hidden, the sneak attack dice, I even see in the combat window that my target is Surprised and yet... no critical (unless I just get lucky and roll a 20). If I'm reading the feature right, that should always be a critical as long as I land the attack. Issue persists whether it's melee or ranged.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Any advice for bard spells? Just crashed the spaceship and tricked my way into some guys underground base

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well already freaking started over. Probably no good reason to but thought nope...1st play through I want 100% to be evil and play the part. Wanted to go evil paladin but what little reading I did sounds like vegence isn't "evil" just follows a very kill all the bad people instead of forgiving theme. So i assume I would still become an oath breaker eventually if I am really going out of my way to be a bad bad man?

So...just restarted as a Drow Rogue worshipping Lotilith or whatever. Figured stealing shit and being a dark god worshiping dark elf should align with the premise of my play though? Assuming that will get along well with the green fighter you get early on right? She seemed pretty "practicial" and cunty. Was thinking a beserker as a 3rd eventually so lots of melee engagement then rogue to stab stab from the back? You can do merc's right so i can get a non-orgin story evil cleric since from what little I played on 1st attempt it seemed like shadowheart was pretty "sensitive".

Is there any advantages to oath breaker? Just glancing at a few things it sounded like you lose your special divine skill or whatever so is there an equal trade off or are you slightly more gimped if you don't follow your oath. Also why no oath options to actual be full out evil vs. merciless.
Oathbreaker Dark Urge Paladin bro.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
have any of you faggots taken it in the ass from a bear already?

Last edited: