• 5Worf
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Companion question (end of act 2)
Why does Shadowheart leave the party if you free Nightsong instead of stabbing her? Something with her Shar religion? Really didn't understand that whole plot
I did the same but she threw away spear and stayed with us, then we banged. How high was your affection with her?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Went back this morning to clear some stuff I missed.
Getting the halfling/gnome off the windmill and pulling the wrong lever? Hilarious.
This games got so much shit thats just so.. what the fuck? thats Im just sitting here laughing all by myself. Christina's gonna come home and think Ive gone mad.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Went back this morning to clear some stuff I missed.
Getting the halfling/gnome off the windmill and pulling the wrong lever? Hilarious.
This games got so much shit thats just so.. what the fuck? thats Im just sitting here laughing all by myself. Christina's gonna come home and think Ive gone mad.

I was so high last night and I couldn't stop laughing about your rendition of the swamp ass beatings. 🤣.

I am getting absolutely destroyed in these combat situations after leaving the druid area. Fucking paladin wiped out my entire party in one attack.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What the hell is this. How did I fail a Difficulty Class 0 roll with a 7?

1691332172593.png

• 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ugh, all the comments sound like the side quests and game are awesome. Do I have to buy this to support good game development?

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, all the comments sound like the side quests and game are awesome. Do I have to buy this to support good game development?
bruh this is a goat contender and one of the best selling releases of all time, it doesn't need your support, you need its support.

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Unpopular opinion (I am at the end of act 4)

Firstofall why is every male companion gay? The vampire, okay tbe, but also Gale wants me to show his "magic", even the druid makes some pretty disturbing comments. The chicks are all annoying or exhausting, too. What happened to interesting and "normal" fantasy writing when it comes to comnpanions these days?

Also writing, I mean the story is just an AD&D DLC for D:OS 2. Some superior power instrumentalizes you against a god like being. Amazing and unheard of. The whole structure of the game is literally copied from D:OS2 and D&D sugar coated. Don't get me wrong, still a very good game for classic RPG enjoyer, but it's not really that hyper amazing. Well, maybe if it it's your first real rpg, idk.
Sometimes I get the impression that we boomer tend to "overnostalgic" things, really.

Also: the camera still sucks, Larian. And the music is a bit boring.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not 3 hours into the game and both Gale and Astarion already want to suck my pally's cock. All because you act friendly to them. It's honestly off putting and ridiculous. The only thing my pally is interested in is VENGEANCE and violence against all evil doers. Fuck off with this fag shit he ain't got time for that!

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Unpopular opinion (I am at the end of act 4)

Firstofall why is every male companion gay? The vampire, okay tbe, but also Gale wants me to show his "magic", even the druid makes some pretty disturbing comments. The chicks are all annoying or exhausting, too. What happened to interesting and "normal" fantasy writing when it comes to comnpanions these days?

Also writing, I mean the story is just an AD&D DLC for D:OS 2. Some superior power instrumentalizes you against a god like being. Amazing and unheard of. The whole structure of the game is literally copied from D:OS2 and D&D sugar coated. Don't get me wrong, still a very good game for classic RPG enjoyer, but it's not really that hyper amazing. Well, maybe if it it's your first real rpg, idk.
Sometimes I get the impression that we boomer tend to "overnostalgic" things, really.

Also: the camera still sucks, Larian. And the music is a bit boring.
You mean you didn't like it when even the fucking Ilithid Emperor started flirting with you? Honestly, lots in this game to like, and the sheer range of possibilities means its got a lot of replayability, without the feeling of 150+ hour campaigns like WoTR, but the romances in this one are just painful.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weird romances are par for the course for these types of games. And it seems as time goes by each one tries to be more outrageous than the previous one.

I wonder do jrpgs let you get it on with some tentacle monster?

In the end, I just roll my eyes,cringe or snort/chuckle at some of the flirting the NPCs do , ignore it and move on.

As for my game, decided to leave the underdark for now, the few things down there I encountered had 125 HP or more. And it didn't seem like bosses, just random big mobs. All my guys have 30-35 HP and they are hitting me for 17 a swing/cast, able to take out a character in one good volley. Figure I need to level up a bit more and gear up some more before going back. At least its easy to get back down there with the waypoint.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
not reading this thread anymore, but I will keep shitposting in it.

This game is SUPER authentic. Spending 5 minutes killing a group of mobs and then half an hour sorting out the loot brings me back to 2000s era BG1 CRPG gameplay.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 10 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was so high last night and I couldn't stop laughing about your rendition of the swamp ass beatings. 🤣.

I am getting absolutely destroyed in these combat situations after leaving the druid area. Fucking paladin wiped out my entire party in one attack.
Try from the second floor...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not reading this thread anymore, but I will keep shitposting in it.

This game is SUPER authentic. Spending 5 minutes killing a group of mobs and then half an hour sorting out the loot brings me back to 2000s era BG1 CRPG gameplay.

Wish there was a way to mass send things to camp and then recall them when next to a vendor. Because i try to loot everything and constantly going through inventory to send one item at a time to camp to make weight is annoying.

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Welp I caved. Hope I can tolerate this on the Deck as I wont have any desktop time for awhile!

20230806_092325.jpg

• 1Like