Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wish there was a way to mass send things to camp and then recall them when next to a vendor. Because i try to loot everything and constantly going through inventory to send one item at a time to camp to make weight is annoying.
Throwing everything into a bag and then sending the bag to camp once you start approaching encumbered is at least somewhat faster. Still a pain in the ass when you want to sell it though. Just don't keep adding more shit to it once it's in the camp chest or you probably won't be able to carry it to the vendor.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Unpopular opinion (I am at the end of act 4)

Firstofall why is every male companion gay? The vampire, okay tbe, but also Gale wants me to show his "magic", even the druid makes some pretty disturbing comments. The chicks are all annoying or exhausting, too. What happened to interesting and "normal" fantasy writing when it comes to comnpanions these days?

Also writing, I mean the story is just an AD&D DLC for D:OS 2. Some superior power instrumentalizes you against a god like being. Amazing and unheard of. The whole structure of the game is literally copied from D:OS2 and D&D sugar coated. Don't get me wrong, still a very good game for classic RPG enjoyer, but it's not really that hyper amazing. Well, maybe if it it's your first real rpg, idk.
Sometimes I get the impression that we boomer tend to "overnostalgic" things, really.

Also: the camera still sucks, Larian. And the music is a bit boring.
I noticed all this.

The druid guy immediately starts making gay innuendo, even though I never even clicked any such dialog option, and I don’t think HAD a dialog option that even said I was trying to be gay with him.

So I talk to the druid in camp early on when he joins.

I had the option to say, and I’m sure some of you saw this, “I’m sorry I came on so strong the other day, I didn’t mean anything by it.”

I was like uhhhh. I never “came on” to the druid at all, in fact as stated I don’t even think I had the OPTION to have done so yet. All I did was talk about the druid grove and shit going on.

This game is amazing, don’t get me wrong, but this stuff is over the top and poorly done.

• 6Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 11 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can't you just kill anyone who acts gay as some sort of punisher type anti hero Paladin?

Is there an alignment/oath which would let you murder gay friends and foe alike?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Goblin camp.
Odd interaction. I threw the chicken in the goblin camp to the Ogre guarding the door. Chicken dies and it counts as if you attacked a goblin and they all try and kill you.

lol

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Unpopular opinion (I am at the end of act 4)

Firstofall why is every male companion gay? The vampire, okay tbe, but also Gale wants me to show his "magic", even the druid makes some pretty disturbing comments. The chicks are all annoying or exhausting, too. What happened to interesting and "normal" fantasy writing when it comes to comnpanions these days?

Also writing, I mean the story is just an AD&D DLC for D:OS 2. Some superior power instrumentalizes you against a god like being. Amazing and unheard of. The whole structure of the game is literally copied from D:OS2 and D&D sugar coated. Don't get me wrong, still a very good game for classic RPG enjoyer, but it's not really that hyper amazing. Well, maybe if it it's your first real rpg, idk.
Sometimes I get the impression that we boomer tend to "overnostalgic" things, really.

Also: the camera still sucks, Larian. And the music is a bit boring.
This is some major poopsocking.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
1691350623412.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wish there was a way to mass send things to camp and then recall them when next to a vendor. Because i try to loot everything and constantly going through inventory to send one item at a time to camp to make weight is annoying.
Have you tried only porting 1 party member back to camp (when they are unchained/linked, tell them to go to camp), have them take out 50 items at once (using shit to select all the items), then drag the items over to the character next to the vendor?

I haven't needed to get anything from the camp chest yet, as I have been finding ways to steal from every vendor I have found so far (just made it to the Underdark, so the fungus vendor might be tricky).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you tried only porting 1 party member back to camp (when they are unchained/linked, tell them to go to camp), have them take out 50 items at once (using shit to select all the items), then drag the items over to the character next to the vendor?

I haven't needed to get anything from the camp chest yet, as I have been finding ways to steal from every vendor I have found so far (just made it to the Underdark, so the fungus vendor might be tricky).

Hmm no, might try that , see if it works. Still have to move each item over one a time, but saves some loading screens. Nvm still get loading screens and you can only move up to the weight limit, might as well go on the character standing next to vendor, grab it all and then just leave camp to get right back to vendor.

Would love a keyboard shortcut that sends to camp or mark as wares. Could then as least quickly mark vendor trash as wares, then in the vendor window it lets you just sell all wares.

Also how do you make a game that doesn't have a screenshot button.

Edit : Hmm ok, so you can use shift, to select a bunch of items. Like in windows. Shift click first, then next and everything between those is highlighted. Then you can send it all to camp, mark as wares, send to another character.

So I can at least mass mark as wares. Then mass send to camp, and then go to a vendor and use the sell all wares. Makes it a lot easier.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm no, might try that , see if it works. Still have to move each item over one a time, but saves some loading screens.

Would love a keyboard shortcut that sends to camp or mark as wares. Could then as least quickly mark vendor trash as wares, then in the vendor window it lets you just sell all wares.

Also how do you make a game that doesn't have a screenshot button.
Just to make sure, have you tried: Sort by type, left click on the first weapon/armor, hold down shift then left click on the last weapon/armor, right click on the item to pull up menu on who or where to send them all to. It should then send the 10 or 100 items to where ever you want.

As shown in the SS of the "help" info that Tuco posted, you can also use CTRL to cherry pick everything you want to send too.

• 1Like

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, I decided to pick this up since D4 has turned out to be rather disappointing, and its my first CRPG. I'm playing on Balanced difficulty and I started as a Good aligned Paladin with Oath of the Ancients. While I like Astarion and Lae'zel, both are slowly getting pissy with my choices so I am thinking of rolling my team to myself, Shadowheart, Wyll and Gale. In that case, I'm the only front line so should I go Sword/Board or Two-Hander? Up till now I've gone with two-hander for the damage, but thats because i wasn't sure if Shields we're worth it for the defense?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You mean you didn't like it when even the fucking Ilithid Emperor started flirting with you? Honestly, lots in this game to like, and the sheer range of possibilities means its got a lot of replayability, without the feeling of 150+ hour campaigns like WoTR, but the romances in this one are just painful.
Yeah when he rolled up shirtless and ready to bang, when even the bitches in my party keep rejecting my fat ass I loled off the chair. Literally every dude will bang you within minutes but the chicks are like "nah I'm going through some shit please wait" - I guess this game is true to life. Fags everywhere, icy bitches going grey before giving you some poon.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just to make sure, have you tried: Sort by type, left click on the first weapon/armor, hold down shift then left click on the last weapon/armor, right click on the item to pull up menu on who or where to send them all to. It should then send the 10 or 100 items to where ever you want.

As shown in the SS of the "help" info that Tuco posted, you can also use CTRL to cherry pick everything you want to send too.

Yeah just edited. Did that shift click like its windows. Select it all between the 2 clicks and then move around that way. Thanks.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Coming out of dungeon grinding in D4 to this, night and day when it comes to fun factor. Got our tabletop mains ported in perfect. Don’t know what it is but our Gale has cursed dice.

The only thing we’re noticing is a certain lack of balance around Lvl4. His zerker is a terminator who is mostly beating people to death with each other/the environment, wizards are crapped out cantrip bots at the end of long or chained encounters not even useful for damage soak or LOS. Granted I know that’s what camp’s for but iirc there was some plot related timegate related to how many long rests you get.

My issue will be figuring out my home brew and if I can make it viable with bg’s version of 5e. Was able to make a pretty okay melee vamp warlock/necro in PoE, remains to be seen if it’d be cool or even viable here.

Weird bugs. We fucked up and had to reload a save before clearing the goblin town and in the second encounter my character was fucked by a glitch (closed/locked door preventing him from moving when nobody else in the party could see it. Would hit the lever and it’d spam open/close animations all fucked up-like.) Non-obstructed spells sometimes getting eaten/blocked anyway, no resist or damage or miss, just an animation and nothing happens.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The sexual advancements from males in this game is out of control. I literally had Gale and Wyll hit on my character. I’m really surprised Astarion hasn’t tried yet. But yet I had to jump through hurdles to romance Shadowheart. This and I wish there was a better way the game highlights lootable objects. Sometimes it doesn’t and I’m afraid I will miss out on something important. Those are my only two complaints I have about the game. Other than that it’s perfect in my eyes.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Question to the people who know more about DND. In Pathfinder, the inventory weight was shared. Which I liked since it requires less tedious swapping of items between inventories.

Is the separate inventory weight a design decision by Larian or tied to the DND ruleset? I've played lots of RPGs with separate weights, so when I tried Pathfinder and that was shared I was wondering why every game didn't do that. It's just such a QOL feature.