Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact that you find entirely new entrances to different areas through fake walls and such makes me at least mildly intrigued to play through a second time. Im also curious - the "burrows" and shit in treasure rooms etc. Is that like for a Druid to transform into a rat or something and run through it? Or what. Just something else that makes me think about a second run of the game and Im not even out of act 1 cause I have ADHD in this game for some reason.

Oh, and is Pink the best rarity of items in the game? I was under the impression they were all locked away till the end of the game for some reason.

I've seen mobs use them. I would be up high with no way to reach me, but didn't see the burrow against the wall to the side, and boom the little goblins just popped through from the bottom.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Brikker Brikker or Can anyone comment on how this plays on the Steam deck? I've been going back and forth on getting it on the deck or just waiting for the PS5 version. How does it run, ease of use, and reading all the dialog on the deck?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Brikker Brikker or Can anyone comment on how this plays on the Steam deck? I've been going back and forth on getting it on the deck or just waiting for the PS5 version. How does it run, ease of use, and reading all the dialog on the deck?
I'm playing it here and there, when I have to watch my kids, on the deck

FPS is fine (30-40) with some dips but it's turn based so no big deal.

Games controller settings are generally excellent.

Battery only lasts for about 2 hours though.

Also playing on my main PC which of course is more enjoyable but the deck is a great way to sneak in more time and I'd play it on deck if that's all I had too.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i just want to make sure i understand you correctly... the dual wielder feat gives you +1 to AC and allows you to dual wield non-light weapons. taking 2 points in CON will give you 1 hp per level (retroactively) and add +1 to your con saves. dex is what adds to your AC, as long as you aren't wearing armor that would inhibit that. medium armor only allows 2 bonus armor from dex (14-15 dex) and heavy armor won't allow any AC bonus from dex.
Berserker doesn't wear armor at all; your AC is 10+Dex Bonus+Con Bonus. The Graceful Cloth is especially good since it grants +2 Dex, +1 Dex saves, +1.5m jump, and Cat's Grace. So I'll have 18 AC with 20 Dex/16 Con. That's what I meant by taking Con ASI instead of a feat would give +1 AC along with the hp/lvl.

And yeah, Dual Wielder does seem like something to respec to if some godly rapiers show up late in the game (I'm not taking the level of fighter until character level 9 at the earliest anyway). It's mostly a contest between Lucky and Savage Attacker.

oh, yeah, i meant to mention that. casters benefit the least from multiclassing because they miss out on higher level spells. if you're going to lvl 20 you can take a dip here and there but since the lvl cap is 12, multiclassing basically forces you to miss lvl 6 spells.

also, in tabletop, rogues and fighters get more feats. fighters get them at 4, 6, 8, and 12, rogues get them at 4, 8, 10, and 12. is that the same in bg3 or did they just make it 4, 8, 12 like everyone else?
There's no difference between L11 and L12 spell tables for any class I've looked at so far. You get your one L6 spell at L11 and you get absolutely nothing extra at L12. So you can do a L1 splash of something else without much in the way of opportunity costs.

Rogues and Fighters do get their extra feat.

Goonsquad Officer
when do you unlock your subclass? i'm level 2 rogue level 1 cleric (may just go pure rogue), but i haven't been offered to subclass yet?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
when do you unlock your subclass? i'm level 2 rogue level 1 cleric (may just go pure rogue), but i haven't been offered to subclass yet?
You don’t get that until you’ve unlocked it by having at least one gay sex scene.

• 11Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Goonsquad Officer
You don’t get that until you’ve unlocked it by having at least one gay sex scene.
Nervous Episode 1 GIF by The Office

• 4Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Its also easy to miss the button to add a sub class. On the "Level Up" screen there's a small icon off to the right of where it says "Level Up" that you click to add a class. Which it was done it a more obvious manner. Didn't even see that shit till level 5.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Who has the most hours in this so far?

I don't have everyone from FOH in my friends list (LOL) but so far I have Budos Budos leading the pack at a solid 37.6 hours

/golfclap

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
also can i change it to right click move? some how? clicking on team mates when trying to click near them gets super old.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Who has the most hours in this so far?

I don't have everyone from FOH in my friends list (LOL) but so far I have Budos Budos leading the pack at a solid 37.6 hours

/golfclap
I have almost 300 hours but I've been having the game since first day of early access.

Attachments

• bg3time.png
    bg3time.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user