Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Funny part is, because of EA I didn't let him do it on my first run through. I've finished my balanced run, now trying tactician. It's definitely a different playstyle, especially things like beating Commander Zhalk (have to use disarm command, buff up the flayer, etc).

I do hope they overcome their concerns and try to make an expansion, though I get it, and if they allow additional levels whilst in the original, you could probably easily be level 14 before you even reach the expansion.
Just make the main game locked at level 14 or whatever and the quest to unlocking the expansion portion “unlocks” your characters potential and allows more levels. Make it so you can’t even do the expansion without getting through the main story/final boss.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Screenshot_20230808_124244_Gmail.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve yet to run into a difficult fight where appropriately positioned smokepowder barrels and oil barrels don’t immediately end the encounter (occasional only side effect is vaporizing one of my team). Spectator hard fight? Lmao not when you place a mountain of gunpowder in his path with a well timed fireball. Does this shit cheese still work in tactician mode because I may as well up my difficulty if so.
I also killed the goblin chieftain same way but only needed one smokepowder barrel coupled with some grease bottles and dropping a brazier on his ass. Had to repeat once because first time he got blasted into the chasm and I didn’t want to miss his corpse. Lol definitely getting divinity flashbacks with these shenanigans

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game feels so overwhelming - in a damn good way. I haven't been able to load it up for any length of time because I'm paranoid I fucked a choice up/missed something while exploring.
You need to yolo it and just do it different on another run.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Funny part is, because of EA I didn't let him do it on my first run through. I've finished my balanced run, now trying tactician. It's definitely a different playstyle, especially things like beating Commander Zhalk (have to use disarm command, buff up the flayer, etc).

I do hope they overcome their concerns and try to make an expansion, though I get it, and if they allow additional levels whilst in the original, you could probably easily be level 14 before you even reach the expansion.
They should just make BG4 as a continuation of BG3 (Like BG2 continues BG1) and go to lv20.

Have it ending with all that crazy god shit, maybe you can choose which god to battle and displace. BG2 did end up doing that and it worked out fine.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Really enjoying the game - think about it even when not playing - but two things irk me: 1) Inability to lock order of characters in the party. This annoys me so much since I do a lot of skulking and stealthing with my main and keep on forgetting who is at F1, F2, etc. 2) The magic items suck. I'm guessing this is the vault of 5e and not Larian but so many items I've found are situational to the point of retarded: "Sit in water with your hands on your head and use bonus action to undo shoes and gain +2 pts of Charisma on next attack". Fuck off with all that. 2e items were so much more fun and powerful. Also, the items are weirdly indexed towards amulets when I haven't even been able to kit my full party with Rings.

Still gets a 9/10 from me.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game feels so overwhelming - in a damn good way. I haven't been able to load it up for any length of time because I'm paranoid I fucked a choice up/missed something while exploring.
Don't get paralyzed on choice. Half the fun of this game is accepting the choices you've made.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
OK this is officially the horniest group of NPCs ever, putting mass effect shame. Major spoilers, don't rear if you aren't at least half way through chapter 2.
The mind flayer wants the D... Also fuck that little kid, not to be trusted.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Are you referring to the NPC I refer to as Jigsaw? “I want to play a game…”
No, this one wants to join your camp and has a cat with him. Pretty sure it changes some story elements but will see how it plays out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I’ve yet to run into a difficult fight where appropriately positioned smokepowder barrels and oil barrels don’t immediately end the encounter (occasional only side effect is vaporizing one of my team). Spectator hard fight? Lmao not when you place a mountain of gunpowder in his path with a well timed fireball. Does this shit cheese still work in tactician mode because I may as well up my difficulty if so.
I also killed the goblin chieftain same way but only needed one smokepowder barrel coupled with some grease bottles and dropping a brazier on his ass. Had to repeat once because first time he got blasted into the chasm and I didn’t want to miss his corpse. Lol definitely getting divinity flashbacks with these shenanigans

This is a weird clash between it being a Larian/Divinity game but also using the 5e DND rules.

This kinda shit you're doing was just how played Divinity 1/2 because the game was built with it in mind and monster power was such that there were multiple points where you needed these huge salvos of AE damage/CC etc. DND however is not that a single barrel explosion like you're describing is often so overwhelming that it ends the encounter by itself

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Blowing up the entire screen with a stack of barrels was hilarious the first couple times but lost its novelty and became tedious really quickly. Designing encounters around the mechanic is kind of why I fall off divinity games early/mid game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Spoiler/question:

In Part 1, I lead the Drow chick to the Druid camp and then killed her and all the goblins she brought. Now when I go to the goblin town portal, the entire area attacks me. It's like 20 mobs. Is there another way into the cave with the spiders? I never cleared that cave out, but I don't want to have to fight all those damn goblins to get back there.
There are multiple ways into that area, then you can come sneaking out of the gobo camp side, and probably have an easier time, than going in the front door. The two main ways are in the "blighted village" water well (outside), or (inside) through a crumbling wall in the "cellar" with the forge in it (more exact: it's up on a ledge to the left side of the forge, when facing it, that you need to jump/misty step/build some steps to out of boxes).

Blowing up the entire screen with a stack of barrels was hilarious the first couple times but lost its novelty and became tedious really quickly. Designing encounters around the mechanic is kind of why I fall off divinity games early/mid game.
They aren't designed around it, since if you spend a bunch of time collecting and placing barrels, it will cheese most fights. I am playing Tactician and only used barrels in the Gobo area, since they give you a whole room full of them, and the tutorial ship, since 3 are sitting there in the end room. Even then, it probably only saved me one rest.

Also Pasteton Pasteton , barrel cheese works in tactician, but everything has more HP, so you would need more barrels. They also knock mobs around around, which is nice. For example, there is no way I could have killed the big demon guy on the mind flayer ship, if it wasn't for Lae'zel tossing the 3 barrels in the room at him, knocking him down and giving the mind flayer the upper hand.

To people having issue with resting constantly:
You have to learn when a fight needs to burn spells, and which can skimp by without them; not always fly in on max tilt, blowing everything up, all the time (it's a mechanic of the game). Setting up the fight in order to use throw and knockback is extremely powerful in the game. I haven't needed to rest all that much, you just need to use potions and scrolls.​
If you set up a slight of hand character, you can even steal potions and scrolls for fairly low risk, if you buff with Guidance and Enhance Ability: Dex. Use stop time to stop patrols, once you are in their pockets (then run away when done).​
The spear that reappears in your hand (mostly) is very powerful for melee characters from height. Lae'zel can sit there an nuke people from a height just chucking spear after spear. Early game: If the fight is going well, and mobs need 2 or 3 turns just to get to me, I used cantrips most of the time on my cleric, bard, and wizard. The whole inside part of the goblin camp was sitting up in the rafters raining fire from above. I called in the 3 Ogres to help me in the outside part, then killed them too, before they could kill the owlbear.​
The only healing spell I used in chapter 1 is Healing word, and that was only to pick people up when dying. Even then, tossing a potion at a dying person worked just as well. In chapter 2, I still only have Healing Word memorized, but I have been using it more, as a supplement to potions, since it's a bonus action and I have more casts per day.​

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
  • 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Must...resist...posting...picture...of...hilarious dragon balls T.
Me and a buddy made dragonborn in one of our playthroughs. I was laughing my ass off for a good 5minutes since the genitals look just like those sex toys that always get posted.

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hag
Yeeeesssss, the hag saga continues! Man she really is a an asshole, I am almost rooting for her this time.

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't see this brought up before, and maybe it only happens once you get to chapter 2, but it looks like they put in a way to turn off NPCs hitting on you. You need to have the follower talk to the respec guy more than once. On the second time, he will ask you why that character is not sexing someone up, to which you can reply that you don't find anyone in the group attractive.

I just found this option last night before bed, so no time to keep playing to see if it quells the fagot talk, or not.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't see this brought up before, and maybe it only happens once you get to chapter 2, but it looks like they put in a way to turn off NPCs hitting on you. You need to have the follower talk to the respec guy more than once. On the second time, he will ask you why that character is not sexing someone up, to which you can reply that you don't find anyone in the group attractive.

I just found this option last night before bed, so no time to keep playing to see if it quells the fagot talk, or not.
They should just add a check box in the option menu that says “Are you a bigot?” and checking it turns off all the aggressive homo stuff.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Whelp, the quality of magic weapons is escalating quickly in act3:

Capture.PNG

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users