Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
You also can't multiclass subclasses, so you can't do a div2/wizard2. It's just a wizard2 who subclasses into div.
Typo,

meant 6 sorc/2div/2temp/2fight

also heard transmute wiz can do something like x4 attack

and there’s that hexblade build that spud guy did, that can attack in insane amount per turn, but wanna keep with a caster for my first run

Goonsquad Officer
So people are saying this game isn’t woke trash but as far as I can tell my straight male characters romance options are

7 gay men
1 Michelle Rodriguez orc
1 demon
1 woman

Fuck this
at least she's racist. that's a plus

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
People get up in arms about this. There are no gay or straight characters, just characters that are into the main player or not. Your race and gender are 100% irrelevant
yea it's like RL. you can opt to be gay if you find social prestige in it. or not. bam. based game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There are two non-party women that can also be romanced.

But who fucking cares? The scenes are shit.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
So people are saying this game isn’t woke trash but as far as I can tell my straight male characters romance options are

7 gay men
1 Michelle Rodriguez orc
1 demon
1 woman

Fuck this
I don’t find the game overly woke but you are correct on this point.

I finally got to Baldur’s Gate yesterday and did encounter what appears to be a drag Queen at the circus though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There are two non-party women that can also be romanced.

But who fucking cares? The scenes are shit.
It is amusing to make them run around in camp completely naked though. I can't keep it during actual play because it's just dumb, but in camp sometimes I'll turn it on and laugh at how the scenes play out. Like the one where Shadowheart was crouched over Lae'zel, her clam was just hanging out. Same with Karlach when we sleep and it does that sort of slow spin around the character, her giant vagina is just pointed right at the camera.

football soccer GIF

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In 5e, multi classing starts to work against you much quicker than in previous editions. There is almost never a reason to multiclass more than twice, and even that is rare.

You also can't multiclass subclasses, so you can't do a div2/wizard2. It's just a wizard2 who subclasses into div.

I don't know how multiclassing in bg3 works, specifically with scribing scrolls. I know bards who multiclass into wizard can scribe scrolls, but this game doesn't seem to differentiate class spells when it comes to scrolls, so you might be able to scribe wizard spells into your sorcerer book, even though in tabletop you cannot do that. Same idea for clerics, though it should work even less since there is plebty of overlap between sorc and wizard and hardly any between wizard and cleric.

ALSO, you shouldn't have any problem learning lightning bolt as a diviner because you can just pick it as a known spell at lvl 5 div

Does that make sense? I don't know if I covered everything
To test multi bard/wiz I speced into wiz as a bard around level 6 and it gives you separate books; so you can not use bard casts on wiz spells, from what I saw.

In tactical difficulty, I haven't had an issue with AoE as Div Wiz Gale. I use almost every slot on Missiles, Scorching (rarely), and Fireball. I can usually get 3 mobs in a single fireball and 8d6 is huge and only gets better as you upcast is (10d6 fireball is better than 8d8 cone of cold that puts ice in front of you). The item that allows you to cast an extra missile for free really makes it great for level 1 and 2 spell slots, and since they are 100% hit chance, it is great for low hp targets I don't want Lae'Zel wasting a big swing on (like mentioned above).

Counterspell and hold person/monster can be a lifesaver is higher difficulty. Also, putting Haste on Lae'zel makes her have a huge single target burst with action surge. For the end of chapter 2 I used a bunch of summons too, it really sucks that they cant sneak, because they would probably be required spells for me, otherwise.

Div Wiz and a Lore Bard make sure any important saves almost always go in my favor, which is nice. Again, I never use heals, only spells and potions. I kill most everything before it even touches my people, unless it has ranged attacks.

I thought Spirit Guardians were meh for using up a concentrations slot, when I used them, since you have to walk your happy ass over to undead things. I use lightning bolt instead, if it calls for it, since I have a Tempest Cleric. Not finding it useful could be due to my chapter 2 experience though. Since lucky for me, my bard can talk his way out of most things so in chapter 2 I didn't fight any of the undead lieutenants except for the fat necromancer dude, who I put a antimagic flower on, using pickpocketing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

7 gay men
1 Michelle Rodriguez orc
1 demon
1 woman

Fuck this
Good news everyone, I was able to successfully get my camp down to 4 women and 2 men! (There are no orc, yo, that's a Gith and they are from outer space!)(Also, the other one is only like 10% demon ("I suspect some miscegenation in their heritage. How else you goin' explain it?"))

And the MC is male, so I guess 3 men, and Gale finally stops with the faggot talk in chapter 2 (or late chapter 1)! I don't really talk to Hal, because I don't want to know about bear rape.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have not tried a sorc with it upcast and twinned.
Can't do it. "Spells that only target 1 creature..."

There's a lot of restrictions on it actually. Can't twin any of the spells that work like scorching ray, like magic missiles, eldritch blast, etc. Can't twin anything that requires concentration without immediately dropping the concentration. And you can't target the same enemy with both of the 'twins' which was immediately disappointing because that's one of the first things I tried to do with twinned Chromatic Orb.

Twinned Chromatic Orb was, however, ideal for dealing with a certain pair of degenerates in the blighted village barn...

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can't do it. "Spells that only target 1 creature..."

There's a lot of restrictions on it actually. Can't twin any of the spells that work like scorching ray, like magic missiles, eldritch blast, etc. Can't twin anything that requires concentration without immediately dropping the concentration. And you can't target the same enemy with both of the 'twins' which was immediately disappointing because that's one of the first things I tried to do with twinned Chromatic Orb.

Twinned Chromatic Orb was, however, ideal for dealing with a certain pair of degenerates in the blighted village barn...
you SHOULD be able to twin concentration spells as long as they only target 1 creature. so, enlarge/reduce and haste are twinnable.

in tabletop, maybe not bg3, i don't have a sorcerer

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm bummed that two of the women I wanted in my party are mutually exclusive. How am I supposed to have hot demon/tiefling on dark elf action if I can't have Karlach and Minthara in the party at the same time?? This is bullshit!

Yes, I'll do another playthrough for the first time in a game in decades most likely, but you still can't have them both!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I haven’t tried to romance anyone.

Not one female character has been anything but rude to me. Every single guy in my party has some gay chat options every single conversation. I’m shocked Ass-tarion was trying to bite me and not suck my sleeping dick.

This game is fantasy grindr

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Rolled credits, 58 hours on my save file. I did skip a bunch of side stuff each chapter for second play through, not sure if I will play through again immediately or let it sit for a while and get some patches because I ran into many bugs.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I haven’t tried to romance anyone.

Not one female character has been anything but rude to me. Every single guy in my party has some gay chat options every single conversation. I’m shocked Ass-tarion was trying to bite me and not suck my sleeping dick.

This game is fantasy grindr
Just pretend he has some long hair and tits and bang the hell out of him.

• 1Worf

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Early damage is among the best of any class since all you need is Storm Sorc 1/Tempest Cleric 2 to get started. Get 'em wet for double electric damage, toss a Chromatic Orb, maximize damage with Destructive Wrath and just about anything you have any business fighting will die. Go back to sorc at level 4, upcast Chromatic Orb for even more damage, etc. Take the wizard levels somewhere between 6 and 9 depending on how much of a rush you're in to get Portent and the spell slots vs. Sorc 4 ASI, Sorc 6 Heart of the Storm + Call Lightning, etc.
So I’m already 2 div/ 1 temp, if I were to go into Sorc the next 2 would that even me out? Really would like the lvl 6 div specials /sigh

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is fucking garbage. The difficulty is ridiculously unbalanced, and it sucks all of the fun right out of the game.

Maybe im just bad, but almost every encounter is a life or death MISS fest that usually results in one of my party members dying and me having to reload. Im no table top master, but for fucks sake, do devs not realize that shit like this is not FUN? I want a challenge, but for fucks sake.

• 4Moron
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
interrupt.jpg

I'm not sure what my favorite part of this picture is: the expression on Tav's face, the expression on Asterion's face, the expression on Wyll's face, how absolutely ridiculous the fedoras look on Dragonborn, or the Bard Persuasion option in general (DC 15 to pass). I love this class.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This game is fucking garbage. The difficulty is ridiculously unbalanced, and it sucks all of the fun right out of the game.

Maybe im just bad, but almost every encounter is a life or death MISS fest that usually results in one of my party members dying and me having to reload. Im no table top master, but for fucks sake, do devs not realize that shit like this is not FUN? I want a challenge, but for fucks sake.
If you just try to dps smash through encounters you will have a bad time. Use the surroundings, crowd control, and items to your advantage.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users