Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What level are you? I didn't find that fight particularly hard (tactician), but I was level 9. Levels do make a difference in this game.

Did you aid the gnolls from the charm lady by breaking the charm? If so they enter the fight to help you too. I just opened the fight with AE, and other than my fighter (Karlach) they all just stayed on the stairs and AEd everyone (keeping the AE away from the harpers were the hard part). Ice storm works well since it causes enemies to fall (and many harpers). I had to reload the first time I tried because Jaheira ran into someone and got aggro from everyone for some reason and died as they all went for her, but when I reloaded she didn't get aggro and everything was good.

Open fireball(s). Ice storm. Blade storm. Shadowheart with the shield pet and AE shield. Speed potion or haste on Karlack and she goes on a rampage. Fireball + Karlach oneshot the ogre. Maybe try looking at your consumables like bottles / elixirs / scrolls to see if you have any damage / buffs that would help.

EDIT: Forgot, counterspell is really good in that fight, as with most others. I had it on both Gale and my bard, so other than cantrips, most spells were blocked. /edit

PS: When you do finish that fight, remember to enter the prison again, I almost missed that.
Where are the gnolls? I don't think I did that part. I'm level 8 currently.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I switched off karmic, it seemed to make things a little more RNG, dice still feel weighted in favor of AI though. I did exaggerate the 100%(I think Magic Missile shows 100%? Never seemed to miss), but I was getting crazy streaks of misses on attacks that were saying 75-90, while AI was wrecking my shit like SEAL Team 6.
Magic Missile will show 100% because it's not a spell attack roll (like Firebolt) or a save. Attack rolls where your bonus should make it impossible to miss will show 95%, or 99% if you have advantage.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I remember getting a multi pack of a lot of the old D&D SSI games from Sam's back in the 90s. Used to be a great place to pickup PC games on the cheap. Was literally 4-5 full box games shrink wrapped together for the price of one. Think I spent most of one summer playing both the Darksuns, couple Ravenloft games, and I think a dragonlance game. Those were the days.
Yeah I had the same thing. I forgot about how it all came with Menzoberranzan together, and the vampire one. I recall it being very cheap, like $20.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Cleared a bunch of the goblin camp, kinda bored with it. Pathfinder was better.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I had the same thing. I forgot about how it all came with Menzoberranzan together, and the vampire one. I recall it being very cheap, like $20.
Yeah, that was the other game, not a dragonlance deal. Just couldn't remember. There was Ravenloft Stone Prophet and I think a Strahd game. Good ole Packard Bell Packmate did the job rocking the DX2 with 8mb ram, hehe.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I literally was just sexed to death and my game ended.

IMG_2069.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg

• 8Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Pathfinder was good, but one thing this game has, among others, thats like miles above, is the writing. Its like kids wrote pathfinder.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pathfinder was indeed better, buuuut in different ways. The cast of characters/story is quite good throughout, but if you don’t have any interest in seeing at least one characters story so far I don’t think more play time is gonna make a difference. Goblin camp does feel like a slog through if you fight your way through it.

There is no denying Karlach though she is written and acted with all the charm they could squeeze in there.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Where are the gnolls? I don't think I did that part. I'm level 8 currently.

They are in one of the rooms in the first floor (not jail) of the towers. They are with a gnome that has them charmed, when you talk to her she wants to show you how it works, you can then break it and they kill her, you then persuade them that you are a friend and they say thank you and just stay in the room. However, if you've done the mausoleum / shars gauntlet and triggered the end of that, you can't do it anymore. All encounters / talks in act 2 end at that point. So optimal path is to do everything in act 2, including all of the tower except go into the last door at the top, before entering the gauntlet since that triggers the end of the act.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Emergent gameplay, and the best of all they are not out here trying to nerf everything to the ground for some dumb "balance" BS in a single player game. As oten times devs do for some dumb vision reasons or whatever. See diablo 4.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This game is hilarious in split screen. My brother and I made dwarves with Jewish names and are just walking around naked. We were dying in the cutscene where you find Shadowheart on the beach, circumcized cocks dangling in her face while we tried to steal the artefact.

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

They are in one of the rooms in the first floor (not jail) of the towers. They are with a gnome that has them charmed, when you talk to her she wants to show you how it works, you can then break it and they kill her, you then persuade them that you are a friend and they say thank you and just stay in the room. However, if you've done the mausoleum / shars gauntlet and triggered the end of that, you can't do it anymore. All encounters / talks in act 2 end at that point. So optimal path is to do everything in act 2, including all of the tower except go into the last door at the top, before entering the gauntlet since that triggers the end of the act.
Yeah I had already completed Shars gauntlet. For the Tower fight, what I ended up doing was recruiting Jaheira into my party, then I went around the side of the building and up the vines, skipping the first floor fight altogether. So many options to solving shit in this game. It's great.