Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
We also host this mod too, and the author responds to feedback here, dunno if they do at moddb too:

The most up to date version is in this post tho I believe: No Alphabets 2.2 — Baldur's Gate 3 - RPGHQ , I'll poke the poster and get them to make a separate thread for it.

Can't recommend using moddb tho, they removed Grounded Commonwealth despite finding nothing offensive in it but went through the author's off-site social media accounts looking for wrongthink:
tC3Jj8yFtA3r.jpeg

My feeling is a true collaborative effort should be formed to release a total fix for the garbage in this game.

I have off Xmas week and will put in every second I can helping with whatevas.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just play the fucking game or dont. I cant stand the shit either but I played it and it wasnt that bad. Some fag shit in the beginning with the vampire dude, but you can just kill him ASAP and I think they patched some of the shit anyway because it was really over the top in the beginning days of release.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I'm with Nirgon on this one. Still haven't bought BG3, already planned to wait another year for the "Enhanced Edition".
By then it should be possible to mod every last bit of this nonsense out of the game. If not, I'll probably have lost interest anyway.

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Indeed, the EE edition of the previous games have certainly been the best experience. I know that chapter 3 will be fleshed out better in that version, but I would love it if you could toggle the romance bullshit off from character by character or even altogether.

That said, it's still a fine game as it is and you are never going to get anything perfectly suited to your tastes out of the box.

Being able to kill off your party in interesting ways makes for in game solutions that deal with things you don't like. I don't think like I lost much by staking Asterion in the first camp interaction nor by letting Wyle "die" due to his own shitty choices (there are so many things to do, eliminating those quest in a single playthrough isn't that much of a loss). In fact, there are multiple story choices that lead you to permanently killing your party members. Asterion has at least two, in the first half of the first chapter (stake and vampire hunter).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm with Nirgon on this one. Still haven't bought BG3, already planned to wait another year for the "Enhanced Edition".
By then it should be possible to mod every last bit of this nonsense out of the game. If not, I'll probably have lost interest anyway.

They went out of their way with the androgyny to make it as abrasive as possible for people who aren't these libtard freak types. 80% of the faces I saw on initial install produced a very negative physiological response from me.

But there's a good game under it. I think.

• 2Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They went out of their way with the androgyny to make it as abrasive as possible for people who aren't these libtard freak types. 80% of the faces I saw on initial install produced a very negative physiological response from me.

But there's a good game under it. I think.
zj1kewotf1vgvwq8ya11_400x400.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone get this on Series X yet? Curious how it plays and controls especially when coming to inventory management and not using a keyboard/mouse.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone get this on Series X yet? Curious how it plays and controls especially when coming to inventory management and not using a keyboard/mouse.

I'd assume it's exactly the same as PS5, and that is just fine. 30 minutes of getting used to it and you're good to go.

Controller is always slower than mouse/keyboard for certain things, and that's no different. But it's functional and fine.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Once you get used to having basically a wheel with a clock face for skills and such, no big difference. I find I prefer it vs the layout of 20+ icons on a bar on my pc.

Only thing I absolutely hate is that you cannot stop it from adding new abilities to your wheels, or having them added in weird places. I usually keep hide/dash/jump type shit in one, and then start building out damage in another. I'll get new spells and it'll randomly just add in a 3rd with a couple things on it inbetween the two.

Would be nice if, similar to smartphones, you could straight up remove any additional things (or erase all) but thats more a QoL thing that may come down later.

• 1Like
Just play the fucking game or dont. I cant stand the shit either but I played it and it wasnt that bad. Some fag shit in the beginning with the vampire dude, but you can just kill him ASAP and I think they patched some of the shit anyway because it was really over the top in the beginning days of release.
Respectfully disagree. The amount of missed LGBT references being reported by players for the 'No Alphabets' mod has me convinced the game has more gay relationships than straight.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I have no idea how many of each are possible, but over a playthrough I had 2 bros approach me for possible dick smashing. I rapidly requested that they keep it in their pants and that was the end of it. Unless I missed an entire section involving a sweaty Top Gun volleyball encampment, that shit was pretty tame and only goes anywhere if you actually choose for it to.

If people genuinely feel it necessary to mod that out of the game it sure sounds like there's some self-hating closeted faggotry afoot.

Last edited:
  • 2Faggotry

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Respectfully disagree. The amount of missed LGBT references being reported by players for the 'No Alphabets' mod has me convinced the game has more gay relationships than straight.

I genuinely think it does. The vampire, the druid, the wizard, and the black dude have all approached me with clear propositions for sex. It's fucking ridiculous. Only the Githyanki female has come on to me. I've been "romancing" Shadowheart for a while, but she's only open for a kiss. I'm already well into act 3, so I think it's bugged, but whatever.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I should be trying this out this weekend on my Series X. Finally. Hyped AF.
Careful. You'll basically be gay after you play this game and your anus will push itself into man penis.

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Caliane

building that new pc. I have starfield via gamepass.
hogwarts and cyberpunk are both on sale atm. although Im not biting, may do so during winter sales. Also have some of my current/older games that my system barely ran. bannerlord with larger battles/higher res. yum. maybe hit up darktide again, with a pc that handles it better.

but, I'm also getting antsy for this. not sure if Im going to wait for "game of the year" or "EE". ha. seems like its had some good patches.
rogue trader I'm pretty sure will wait a good 6months.

Cybsled

I genuinely think it does. The vampire, the druid, the wizard, and the black dude have all approached me with clear propositions for sex. It's fucking ridiculous. Only the Githyanki female has come on to me. I've been "romancing" Shadowheart for a while, but she's only open for a kiss. I'm already well into act 3, so I think it's bugged, but whatever.

Shadowheart you have to actually work at. She doesn't sex you until the final act of the game.

• 2Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shadowheart you have to actually work at. She doesn't sex you until the final act of the game.
Yeah she's the one who is basically devoted to her god to a point, and then after that has to rebuild her psyche more or less. The rest of the characters, especially Gith and Karla are chomping at the bit for a pounding. Dudes are too, for that matter, probably simply easier to let anyone bang anyone than try to restrict how hard it is to bang any one person

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yes yes we all know you dream about fucking your own mother. You can stop whining about it and overcompensating for your oedipal tendencies.
building that new pc. I have starfield via gamepass.
hogwarts and cyberpunk are both on sale atm. although Im not biting, may do so during winter sales. Also have some of my current/older games that my system barely ran. bannerlord with larger battles/higher res. yum. maybe hit up darktide again, with a pc that handles it better.

but, I'm also getting antsy for this. not sure if Im going to wait for "game of the year" or "EE". ha. seems like its had some good patches.
rogue trader I'm pretty sure will wait a good 6months.

GeForce Now.

The ultimate is $20 a month, which seems like a lot until you realize that you get the best possible rig imaginable for a fraction of the cost of a cutting edge GPU. So long as you have a high enough bandwidth to support the streaming to your rig you are golden.

• 2Like