Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Caliane

Yes yes we all know you dream about fucking your own mother. You can stop whining about it and overcompensating for your oedipal tendencies.

GeForce Now.

The ultimate is $20 a month, which seems like a lot until you realize that you get the best possible rig imaginable for a fraction of the cost of a cutting edge GPU. So long as you have a high enough bandwidth to support the streaming to your rig you are golden.
20/m for 5 year life of a pc is 1200. which is pretty cheap. I find it hard to believe streaming can really do it without lag though..
did get frontier fiber 1 recently. 1000 up and down...

some other thoughts.
no mods? limited to their catalogue?
seems mods need to be within the games framework. steam workshop, etc.

PC life span.
pc is from 2016. its going on 8 years old now. the current pc failing to run starfield was the first indication it was time to upgrade, but when I went to look up previous orders, I noticed the date. 8 years is well within part failure timeframe.
If this current new PC at about $2000 lasts 8 years as well, thats $21/month.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah if its anything like Stadia, its a hard pass for me. Shit had like a 1 second input laag.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
YEah if its anything like Stadia, its a hard pass for me. Shit had like a 1 second input laag.
It's nothing like Stadia. I wouldn't recommend it for competitive CounterStrike, but for pretty much any normal game it's fine. When I used to be away from home a lot I played Division 2 and other Ubi stuff like AC, Farcry, etc., Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, D:OS2, PoE (inc. endgame bosses), and a slew of indie games on it. Only three real issues: resolutions are locked to 16:9 and they never gave founders a good deal on the 4K upgrade, mods are a no, and when you're playing something like PoE it's really irritating because you can't copy and paste from your desktop to the VM. Made buying shit on trade a real pain in the ass because I would have to use the shitty Steam browser window inside the VM to do everything.

I still keep my membership around just because founder tier is cheap (+ lost if you ever cancel it) and I occasionally use it with my Shield TV. I keep upgrading my PC because the lack of mods end up being a deal-breaker. And as far as I'm concerned 16:9 displays have no business anywhere near the PC master race.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure if its cause of the patch 5 stuff, but getting tons of shit not loading at all visually. Chars in dialogue cut scenes having no torso's or heads, black spots where armor should have been etc.

Rebooting the steam deck fixes it temporarily, but dont remember it happening before. They just can't get a3 right it seems

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
20/m for 5 year life of a pc is 1200. which is pretty cheap. I find it hard to believe streaming can really do it without lag though..
did get frontier fiber 1 recently. 1000 up and down...

some other thoughts.
no mods? limited to their catalogue?
seems mods need to be within the games framework. steam workshop, etc.

PC life span.
pc is from 2016. its going on 8 years old now. the current pc failing to run starfield was the first indication it was time to upgrade, but when I went to look up previous orders, I noticed the date. 8 years is well within part failure timeframe.
If this current new PC at about $2000 lasts 8 years as well, thats $21/month.

I stream a lot of games through my PS sub.

It works absolutely fine for anything single player.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

The fire rises, it got noticed (by the Polygon clowns)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The fire rises, it got noticed (by the Polygon clowns)
I hate the way that people, most notably white people, approach every one of these subjects as "I personally dont care, but" "This doesnt bother me, but" etc. etc. Only a fucking obtuse moron wouldnt be able to see through the thin ass veil that the person talking doesnt want to deal with that shit. Fuck hiding behind some kind of innocence bullshit and just say it with your fucking chest.

Also, this isnt really about BG3 having the gay be hard coded, but Nexus Mods being Nexus Mods and overwhelmingly supporting woke shit and banning everything else.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
These are problems i only hear people talk about online. I've never had anyone outside of forums or whiny YouTube vids ever mention any of the shit you find in the sespool of armchair bitches. I cant imagine playing a game and something a gay or any other non-straight person/couple and going into a frothing rage over it.

• 5Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These are problems i only hear people talk about online. I've never had anyone outside of forums or whiny YouTube vids ever mention any of the shit you find in the sespool of armchair bitches. I cant imagine playing a game and something a gay or any other non-straight person/couple and going into a frothing rage over it.
That really doesn't mean much.

You, I, everyone have a lot of thoughts about a lot of things that don't come up in conversation because situations where it makes sense/worth the time to talk about them are rare.

Despite how much I've enjoyed BG III I've only had one conversation about it in real life and it consisted of, verbatim - "Have you played BG III?" "No." "You should try it, it's awesome."

However, YouTube videos about a specific thing is exactly where you'd expect people to be having conversations about said thing.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
As much as I have enjoyed Nexus Mods in the past, its dumb as shit to take a stance like that and will hopefully crater their business. If it doesn't involve something illegal, they just alienate a portion of their potentially paying user base for no reason.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
bergers are gettin' flipped

I think the mod combo I have cleanses it fully

1702270849344.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Someone I used to play D&D with uninstalled because him and his girlfriend were put off by it all. They're normies that watch everything on TV and in theaters but this made them uncomfortable.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny they mention that, as breaking down the door to the Bugbear and Troll (Ogre?) having sex as a Barbarian is great.

... Unless they mean someone actually is bear fucking.

• 1Seriously?

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure where else to put this, but every D&D video ranked. Almost 70 of them:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users