Bandwagon's Drones Thread

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Damn,.....

luckily we don't use ours as much as you used yours... i dbl checked and no cracks are visible on mine.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

This worth the purchase? I want to buy one to screw around with and don't want to break the bank - I have a $300 Dell store credit and can get this for like $75 delivered. Not much on dell.com that piques my interest, but thought this could be a fun little toy.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Looks like this is for a DJI Spark?

Yea, those are good. That doesn't look like any sort of huge price break or anything, but they're fun little drones. That's the only one that I would even consider buying in the $100-$800 range.

1542734038755.png

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Rough draft/Work in progress, but I like these "Story Maps" so far. I've been getting a little frustrated trying to explain to some project managers why we can do some flights with zero notice, but others require a waiver....and some of those waivers can be obtained in 5 minutes but others may take 120+ days to get approved.

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but I had a meeting with a couple supervisors this week about 2019 plans and I brought up this idea. They're really interested in what "Story Maps" are and how we can use them, so I thought I'd get working on one and try to get my bearings.

"Can you fly my project site?"

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
looks good.

it looks like all my flights are essentially all "G" zone, i never fly over 250', think the highest one i did was 215 most are at 150-200 depending on the settings :)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
In the Chicago area? You sure?

You should get yourself setup to apply for LAANC waivers. Pretty sure it's supported in your area.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Boston area not chicago. I rarely am close to logan. Closest job I have done was about 10 miles away. But again not high. And the sites so small, I am done in 20 minutes or less.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like Verizon is going to include one of my web maps and a couple video clips in their presentation at CES 2018. Skyward has been great with some joint marketing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Sounds like Verizon is going to include one of my web maps and a couple video clips in their presentation at CES 2018. Skyward has been great with some joint marketing.

Sounds like its time for a raise

tyen

<Banned>
We are doing a bunch of spatial capture so your phone can analyze the environment to create mesh planes for object placement.

So you spatial capture, export into unity, then you make a map of the area to place 3d objects so you can edit "zones" in the editor instead of through AR on a device everytime.

Spatial Capture Toolkit - Placenote Documentation

tyen

<Banned>
Building the environments in AR sounds like a shitty idea right now, viewing/experiencing it is fine.

Its mainly just for collision purposes. Invisible meshes as a reference or anchor for 3d object placement or physics.

Ground level crowdsourcing of textures so all those google models dont look like dogshit from a close-up view would be cool