Bandwagon's Drones Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Does that hit a power line at the end?

I'm not even sure it's real and not photoshopped. I don't think a drone would actually explode from a power line, unless it somehow bridges an insulating airgap somehow.

I guess it's possible the drone's batteries just blew up on impact, but I don't really know drones. The thing sounded super high-pitched so maybe it was some dangerously pimped up drone?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm not even sure it's real and not photoshopped. I don't think a drone would actually explode from a power line, unless it somehow bridges an insulating airgap somehow.

I guess it's possible the drone's batteries just blew up on impact, but I don't really know drones. The thing sounded super high-pitched so maybe it was some dangerously pimped up drone?
Probably runs off of an 8s Lipo and high kv motors with 3 blade props. LiPos won't arc like that on their own, but they'll definitely blow up with flames on hard impacts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Working on a presentation about the differences between photogrammetry and lidar

diff (1).png

diff (2).png
image (3).png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have a guy working for me now that does most of the field work, but he was with the survey crew today so I got some field time. Nice to get out of the office every now and then.
1675990401098.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Most relaxing day I've had in a month.

Truth be told, this is my favorite part of the job. The first glance at a DSM after processing is complete. This is from the Raj'Neesh place...
1675991214761.png

DSMPit1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Sweet.

I need to get a new drone...my p4 pro had an...accident on site, a fucking tree was SLIGHTLY taller than anticpated, and while flying the pattern, a branch hit the propeller...thus boom crash broken drone as it fell ~200 feet to the ground thru a pine tree. ended up in 3 pieces.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sweet.

I need to get a new drone...my p4 pro had an...accident on site, a fucking tree was SLIGHTLY taller than anticpated, and while flying the pattern, a branch hit the propeller...thus boom crash broken drone as it fell ~200 feet to the ground thru a pine tree. ended up in 3 pieces.
I think the Mavic 3 Enterprise is the replacement for the Phantom 4 Pro. That's the first prosumer one I saw (I think) with a mechanical shutter since the P4Pro. Don't have one yet....we still have 8x P4Ps in service, and just upgraded to the M300 + P1 in my office.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
mavic 3 is not compatible with pix4d capture drone deploy or litchi.

dji has not released their SDK for the mavic 3 so no 3rd parties can use it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
DJI Pilot and Pilot 2 work in pretty much the same way as pix4d capture.

I showed someone how to use Pilot 2 in 2 days

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was talking to a friend today who's the COO of a data science company that does all things geospatial. This guy knows fucking everything and is very well known and respected in the industry, so I have a lot of admiration for him. "Idol" is a strong word, but my goal is to be this guy in 10 years.

Anyways, my boss is retiring next month and I made a comment to my friend like "If this place falls apart when [boss] retires next month, I'll hit you up and see if you're ready to open an office out here". He was kind of giddy, fumbled over his words and said "....I want to maintain a good relationship with [my firm] and I'm not going to say anything that could be construed as trying to steal you, but...dude....fuck yes if that day ever comes. Anything you want."

Best godamn compliment I've ever gotten. I feel like Michael Jordan just told me I can ball.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How many cameras on a drone or how many drones would it take to create a 3D hologram ? I want to make a holographic zombie that follows behind me

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
not camera's PROJECTORS now the question is, what is the medium to SEE the hologram

some hologram projectors are spinning led lights,, others use mirrors or clear glass etc

depending on the medium, will determine the number of projectors, without a spinning led based style imo 1-4 depending on the size and style