Banshee

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hmm. Will have to watch after Peaky Blinders. Thanks, FoH!
You have never seen Banshee?

Sheet GIF

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Didn't notice the first time I watched the show... Miguel Sapochnik directed the last couple episodes of Season 1. Nice.

meh, most "big" series use the same cast of TV Directors e.g Jack Bender etc.

The notable exception was when Game of Thrones brought in Neil Marshall specifically for the Blackwater Bay episode due to his experience of small budget action/horror movies

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
meh, most "big" series use the same cast of TV Directors e.g Jack Bender etc.

The notable exception was when Game of Thrones brought in Neil Marshall specifically for the Blackwater Bay episode due to his experience of small budget action/horror movies
Miguel Sapochnik directed the pilot episode of Altered Carbon, the season 5 premier of Fringe, and the first season finale of Revolution, all three of which are among the best episodes in their respective series. His episode in season 2 of True Detective was way more tolerable than the rest of the season. And episodes 9 and 10 from season 1 of Banshee here are among the best episodes in the series, too. His filmography isn't very deep for someone who has been directing for 12 years, but everything I've seen his name attached to has been better than par. I keep hoping he'll get to lead his own project someday.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Miguel Sapochnik directed the pilot episode of Altered Carbon, the season 5 premier of Fringe, and the first season finale of Revolution, all three of which are among the best episodes in their respective series. His episode in season 2 of True Detective was way more tolerable than the rest of the season. And episodes 9 and 10 from season 1 of Banshee here are among the best episodes in the series, too. His filmography isn't very deep for someone who has been directing for 12 years, but everything I've seen his name attached to has been better than par. I keep hoping he'll get to lead his own project someday.

He's still a hired gun with little creative input on shows he isn't the show runner for

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
He's still a hired gun with little creative input on shows he isn't the show runner for
Not by any means imagining him as both writer and producer. Show runner maybe but would likely need a writer's room. Like most shows...

He might be a hired gun, but there's a reason they tend to give him the important / big episodes.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Made it to season 3. Totally forgot that Kai and Rebecca start fucking. Eesh.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Three seasons in and just remembered there are after credit sequences. I didn't realize on my first time around either. Both streaming services cut to next episode by default before the sequence. GDI lol