Barbie (2023)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually agree with this. Conservitive outlets and politicians look fucking retarded going all in on this movie. It doesn't deserve an ounce of time or thought, yet eveyone has to weigh in on it like it is some Citizen Kane shit.

Where have people been? Every single movie released in recent years is "White Man Bad, Woman Best". This movie is called Barbie...no shit it is how it is. Just more evidence when it comes to REAL problems, right wing politicians and social media personalities just want to stay relavent and tweet out manufactured controversy regarding the latest trending topic, instead of actually doing something.
This is why the left has won the culture war. "This isn't worth the time" is loser talk.

Edit: In fact, there's a perfect example right this very moment with Sound of Freedom. Which isn't even a right/left issue, and yet, the media went on a spree with articles about how it was MAGA conspiracy or QTards promoting it.

Why? It's just one movie, right? Why even bother?

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
i guess people have a problem with it is because they are pushing the same message that influences little girls to continue shitting on men later in life. maybe stop doing that and then girls will be less cunts when they grow up into womanhood. i havent seen anyone go crazy about this. its just a discussion. why Ken has to be Barbie's emotional tampon is unknown. i thought they were friends.
Being that you've not seen the film, you're just talking out of your ass. Ken is not Barbie's emotional tampon in the movie.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Being that you've not seen the film, you're just talking out of your ass. Ken is not Barbie's emotional tampon in the movie.

Exactly, everyone is getting riled up over absolutely nothing. This movie isn't doing anything every movie or sitcom has ever done lately regarding the percieved dynamic between men and women. Men are portayed in this caricature dumb way. Do I agree with it? Fuck no, but it isn't even on the priority list people should have regarding the culture war. It is tame compared to most every other thing out there.

This is why the left has won the culture war. "This isn't worth the time" is loser talk.

Edit: In fact, there's a perfect example right this very moment with Sound of Freedom. Which isn't even a right/left issue, and yet, the media went on a spree with articles about how it was MAGA conspiracy or QTards promoting it.

No my lazy take on it isn't why the left won the culture war. In fact the undeserved response is exactly why the left won the culture war. The right is focusing on shit that does not matter. Angry tweets about some stupid movie called Barbie isn't winning fuck all. I'm glad you brought up Sound of Freedom. Barbie should have been 100% ignored by the right. Every ounce of their power should have been to prop that movie up more and make it a daily conversation. Every tweet about Barbie just knocks them down a rung lower on the ladder of being taken seriously.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
i guess people have a problem with it is because they are pushing the same message that influences little girls to continue shitting on men later in life. maybe stop doing that and then girls will be less cunts when they grow up into womanhood. i havent seen anyone go crazy about this. its just a discussion. why Ken has to be Barbie's emotional tampon is unknown. i thought they were friends.
That's a job for parents. Parents not wanting to be parents is one of the huge problems in this country, not 'but these movies says 'girl power men bad!' so my kids turned out to be little shits despite my best efforts!'.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Exactly, everyone is getting riled up over absolutely nothing. This movie isn't doing anything every movie or sitcom has ever done lately regarding the percieved dynamic between men and women. Men are portayed in this caricature dumb way. Do I agree with it? Fuck no, but it isn't even on the priority list people should have regarding the culture war. It is tame compared to most every other thing out there.

No my lazy take on it isn't why the left won the culture war. In fact the undeserved response is exactly why the left won the culture war. The right is focusing on shit that does not matter. Angry tweets about some stupid movie called Barbie isn't winning fuck all. I'm glad you brought up Sound of Freedom. Barbie should have been 100% ignored by the right. Every ounce of their power should have been to prop that movie up more and make it a daily conversation. Every tweet about Barbie just knocks them down a rung lower on the ladder of being taken seriously.
I guess it's a binary thing then? Can only pick one movie a month to focus your energy on!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I guess it's a binary thing then? Can only pick one movie a month to focus your energy on!
Saying "But muh barbie movie is ruining the country by making everyone a woke lefty" is about as retarded as all the "but muh video games are turning all the kids into mass murdering psychos".

• 1Pathetic

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I actually agree with this.

The counter (and why i posted it) is because of all the Conservative talking heads you'd expect to endorse the Barbie movie is the young, white, blonde, conventionally attractive female

DickTrickle

I also don't even think the caricature is supposed to be taken as a commentary on men exactly, but an attempt to get the audience to sympathize with the Kens because they're being portrayed as second class citizens like the movie creators perceives real world women still are (an opinion I'm sure not shared by many here). So a tongue in cheek putting the shoe on the other foot kind of thing. I think the movie kind of moves the goalpost on its messages some but I don't think the message is "men are bad".

That said, at least Shapiro, Drinker, and others have actually seen what they're criticizing.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
sympathize with the Kens because they're being portrayed as second class citizens like the movie creators perceives real world women still are

"The Wall Street Journal reports that on average, kids have one Ken doll per seven Barbies"

Ken is literally an accessory figure for the character the franchise is named after. Of course in the movie he's going to play a similar role

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic

DickTrickle

"The Wall Street Journal reports that on average, kids have one Ken doll per seven Barbies"

Ken is literally an accessory figure for the character the franchise is named after. Of course in the movie he's going to play a similar role
And that's played up for jokes a lot but I do think there is some greater narrative motive in how the movie does it.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont you not wear hats because your girlfriend doesnt like them? Stop contributing to the problem!

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Its a tactic of theirs.

Engage in some retardation that makes you feel dumb for even having to engage.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
He literally never fucked a dog.
61ByyU-ZLNL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

You don't have four legs, he's not going to fuck you

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dont you not wear hats because your girlfriend doesnt like them? Stop contributing to the problem!
I wear hats all the time. I'm wearing a straw hat right now cuz it's hot as fuck out. I had stopped wearing hats on dates cuz my gf thought it looked like I was trying to hide a bald head even though i am not even thinning on top. It's summer so I'm back to wearing my hats cuz dumb bitch wishes doesn't overrule skin cancer.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This thread is officially gayer than the movie.

Well done, gents.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I'd like to agree and thought the same thing until I saw how effective it is. Leftists have always been outrage machines and look at how well they've pulled off their goals? They are pushing today to normalize pedophilia and children cutting off their genitals as normal. That's fucking insane. Then you look at the few wins for conservatives lately. They weren't in Congress, they weren't in many elections...except the ones that focused on them fucking with kids and other cultural issues. The only other wins have been Disney, Target, and Bud Light. All ...cultural issues. If we want to see wins, we have to be the ones making them...and that's on the cultural front and local election front.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Juvarisx

Florida
movie is on track to clear over a billion now, grats gays

and now we start getting this

bitches gonna drown in 90s toy conversions

an A24 Barney movie eh. Make it dark you cowards!

JJ Abrams Hot Wheels could be fun if its done like Speed Racer

Tom Hanks Major Matt Mason! Now that sounds great I wonder who is writing it.... Akiva Goldsman....

nooooo GIF