Barry

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’m confused from the sequence with sally.
Same, but I guess that was the point, we don't know who did what. I thought it was going to be a whole dream sequence (I hate dream sequences), but the kid wakes up to a messed up house.

The episode, as a whole, was back up to standard though. Many funny moments, and maybe, if binge watched, last weeks episode would play better when you get to watch this one immediately after.

The Bill Burr cameo was great.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, think that was just an unreliable narrator sequence.

Bill mentioned on The Prestige TV Show Podcast that they considered intertwining Henry Winkler's story more into the episode, but opted not to.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
And the comment about something in his eye like wtf was that about I feel like I missed something

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
And the comment about something in his eye like wtf was that about I feel like I missed something
Yeah it was pretty bizarre. I thought he couldn't see and that's why the truck drove into the side of the house (and caused it to tilt like 20 degrees lol? really thought that was going to be a dream sequence), but you could still hear the guy yelling shit in the other room after the truck pulled away - so I guess there were at least 2 people. Was hoping that scene would get cleared up a bit, but never did.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Seems like a call back to season 3 finale where she stabs the guy in the neck and it goes through to his eye and he says something similar to that. Also wasn't sure when the ending with Janice's dad was supposed to have taken place since he didn't seem to age at all, and Barry's hair seemed darker and he somehow shaved between walking up to Gene's door and waking up in the chair.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Janice's dad mindfucked Barry in the present (8 years ago), but they showed way too many future scenes for people external to Barry so I wager the time jump happened. Maybe he got Sally too and we're seeing the signs of that coming undone.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Janice's dad mindfucked Barry in the present (8 years ago), but they showed way too many future scenes for people external to Barry so I wager the time jump happened. Maybe he got Sally too and we're seeing the signs of that coming undone.

He would have gotten Sally, too, which is another thing I was hoping they'd explain.

Janice's Dad is sitting outside Sally's house when she goes inside and sees Barry and they agree to take off. Doesn't make sense they'd show him waiting outside for no reason.

But if its all in his, or his and Sally's head then the Fuches/Hank and Gene scenes don't make any sense

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Seems like it wasn't a dream sequence, but then what the fuck was with the bleeding eye policeman connection to Sally's assailant(s)? Bizarre.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was getting pretty meh'd out this season until the rocket scene. That was some classic Barry-esque action sequence shenanigans. Great stuff.

I'm guessing:

Hank gives Barry Fuches's address directly and hopes worst case scenario one eliminates the other and his problems are mostly solved. Best case scenario they all die with NoHoBal batting cleanup.

Found it weird they're blowing up Cousineau like that, but this is one of those series where no one is going to get to win in the end. Or maybe the one person who shouldn't, such as Fuches.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
She's just suffering PTSD from when she offed the assassin guy.
Ah yeah, finally went back and watched the assassin scene in full instead of just the "previously on Barry" bit, and a lot of the dialogue was lifted right from that. Memory's not what it used to be apparently.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was getting pretty meh'd out this season until the rocket scene. That was some classic Barry-esque action sequence shenanigans. Great stuff.

I'm guessing:

Hank gives Barry Fuches's address directly and hopes worst case scenario one eliminates the other and his problems are mostly solved. Best case scenario they all die with NoHoBal batting cleanup.

Found it weird they're blowing up Cousineau like that, but this is one of those series where no one is going to get to win in the end. Or maybe the one person who shouldn't, such as Fuches.
Yeah, the rocket thing seemed like a callback to when the show was a comedy. I laughed.

This whole thing is very confusing though. Hopefully it starts to come together soon.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Episode 8, which is the series finale, aired tonight. It's called "Wow". I'll watch it after my daughter and her friend go to bed. They're doing a sleep-over tonight. Currently playing Hogwarts Legacy, and giggling a lot.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This was a pretty incredible series, had some dips but it was always progressing something. Got wrapped up really well

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
good finale, despite the silly shit in the penultimate episode with Moss only just realizing that "C" was Cousineau.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I liked this episode. It was a good conclusion to the show, and.... lots of death. It wrapped up so much of the story, and I like how they had a history re-write to finalize the conclusion. John going to the dude's house, I swore he was gonna be a homo (he might still be), but instead.... just watching a show instead. Good stuff.

Barry's "Oh wow." was exactly what I was looking for. Great show.

• 1Like