Barry

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The fact that NoHo Hank had what 30 seconds of screen time per episode, showed this was no longer a comedy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The fact that NoHo Hank had what 30 seconds of screen time per episode, showed this was no longer a comedy.

And even the parts he was involved in became way more drama-focused.

It's still good TV but it lost what made me love it by turning down the humor and ramping up the darkness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, it was definitely hilarious then started turning and you go "Oh, when will this turn back?" and it never did. And that's interesting at least. Like, does it end in brevity at the end or does it just get darker and darker and darker until the end and you're just left feeling like "Fuck." because you were lured in by some funny show with goofy NoHo and out of place Barry and the fuckin' Fonz. It's great. I think I'd be happy either way it goes in the end as long as it's not a feel-good-every-wins ending.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Writing and acting were top notch, little things like why the guy was recording the Czech compound when it was raided and always awesome to see Ironside.

It did go way dark and less funny but still a good show. Hank and Barry really showed their range and as much as I hate Sally as a character she was awesome in this.

The mexicans finding him and nursing him back to health thing was normal but the dad saying you should fuck my daughter because your a good man was waaaay out of left field and and rehash of the goat farm thing.

That is jusy nit picking though, where do they go from here. Prison Barry could be good but would have to be all Barry and Hank because if they cut to any of the other characters I will hate it every time they do.
Ideally Hank busts Barry out and they go on adventures but they will never happen.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
but the dad saying you should fuck my daughter because your a good man was waaaay out of left field and and rehash of the goat farm thing.
Yeah it seemed super out of place but I think it would have fit in better in Season 1. Just their attempt to inject some humor since the season was mostly lacking in jokes. But that sort of absurdist humor only really works when you keep the ball rolling so to speak. Just randomly our of the blue is awkward as fuck.

That is jusy nit picking though, where do they go from here. Prison Barry could be good but would have to be all Barry and Hank because if they cut to any of the other characters I will hate it every time they do.
Ideally Hank busts Barry out and they go on adventures but they will never happen.

I bet it will be something preposterous, like they end up accusing NoHo Hank and Barry gets to walk or something just completely absurd. Something Barry lucks into with no effort on his part. Maybe even walking after giving detailed confessions.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bill Hader is a shockingly good actor.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is the last season. Due to wife and kids being in Japan a little longer, I'm rewatching the first 3 seasons.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just finished rewatching the 2nd season of the show. God damn is this an enjoyable series. I'll do the 3rd season next weekend and be ready to watch season 4 when it begins.

• 1Like