Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

EDIT: Also, Henry Cavill was great in The Man From UNCLE. You just don't like the way they have told him to play Superman. Which is fine. But it isn't necessarily him that is the problem.
Agree. He was entertaining to watch in The Man from UNCLE.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Agree. He was entertaining to watch in The Man from UNCLE.
No, he really wasn't. The movie, script, and supporting actors/actresses were entertaining enough to carry him. This isn't the first time this has happened, a supporting character can really outshine he lead and cover up his flaws.

So yeah, I hate Henry Cavill. I loved his first movie, the Counte of Monte Cristo.
I really hate Superman. He has too many powers and no weakness. He's got about three dozen different powers. Magneto has... one. Wolverine has two. Professor X has one. Peter Quill has none. Hawkeye has none. Ant-man/Iron-man have none (only technology). Thor isn't really that powerful, his weapon is. He can't fly, he doesn't have super strength, and he's basically a typical Asgardian should he not be able to wield Mjolnir.

Batman is a far more interesting hero than Superman, but I'm not a fan of his either. He brings fists to a gun-fight, never gets shot in the face, and goes out of his way to imprison and not kill criminals.... but that goes out the window when he's in his jet, he shoots and blows up a couple city blocks. He just isn't interesting. Judge Dredd is interesting. Cloned warrior that has been brainwashed into upholding a warped view of the law without mercy.

Marvels fun because the villains are more powerful than the heroes, but they aren't even acting out of pure evil. Thanos wants to kill half of the universe to please Death and make her his mistress. Thanos is also the strongest being in the universe, and would destroy Odin,

Deadpool, who has Wolverine's healing actory, has some very obvious weaknesses and came close to dying twice in his film. He is conflicted personally due to the fucked up shit he had to endure. Marvel's heroes are human and believable. DC's flagship heroes are an alien-God and a mentally unstable guy who would realistically have such a severe vitamin D deficiency that he couldn't even walk.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Although Thor is comparable to Superman in power levels him being a bit of a dickhead at times makes him more interesting and he has a sense of humour.

Superman is absolutely one dimensional.

The Sentry is a far, far more interesting "Marvelised" version of Superman, he shares the exact same one dimensional character but has the gigantic flaw of also being his own arch enemy, Void kills as many people as Sentry saves leaving him pretty much unable to actually use his God like powers.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thor isn't really that powerful, his weapon is. He can't fly, he doesn't have super strength,
The troll is strong in this one. Thor closes his hands casually and moves one million tons of Earth, no hammer involved.

rrr_img_136531.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Midgard serpent weighs almost the same as the Earth. Superman moves the Earth. Thor has moved the Earth, and put the serpent on his back and moved it.

rrr_img_136532.jpg

rrr_img_136533.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanos is also the strongest being in the universe, and would destroy Odin.
Have you actually read the comics? You are just making shit up. See the video? Odin fights Silver Surfer and Thanos at the same time. He defeats SS, and is about to defeat Thanos before the Infinity Watch persuades him to let up on Thanos. It is well accepted that Odin is up two notches from SS, up one notch from Thanos, and down one notch from a fully fed Galactus. I can't find the scan where Odin pushes in Thanos' stool on the rainbow bridge, but it happened. I don't think Thanos has ever beaten Odin (he'd need an infinity gem to do so).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I wonder what it must be like to know Woolygimp in real life. being so sure of himself yet completely fucking wrong on everything.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thanos was the strongest being in the universe in the non-canon heart of the universe story line. His normal self is nowhere close to that level

Caliane

Comic chars and movie chars are not quite the same.

I will agree movie superman is much stronger then movie Thor.

We do not have a good scope of how strong movie Thor is. His survivablity has never been tested. Can he die? would falling from the helicarrier killed him? we don't know.
Hammer vs no hammer.
He fought the Hulk to a standstill at worst, and was even WINNING arguably without the hammer.

Vs ultron. Vibranium is a special case. Effectively Kryptonite to everyone. so, Thor not one shotting Ultron is the same as Superman not one shotting anyone in Kryptonite armor.

Movie Superman could have lifted the city by himself in Avengers 3 however. Something Thor comics probably could have done, but did not in the movie.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We do not have a good scope of how strong movie Thor is. His survivablity has never been tested. Can he die? would falling from the helicarrier killed him? we don't know.
Loki and Thor were both pretty convinced that Thor would not have survived it, and I'm guessing that if Thor knew Loki would survive it, he would have said 'hey Fury that isnt a very good prison'.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Didn't he fall from the Heli carrier? Or do we not really count that because he had his hammer to get him out of the situation?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So I am finally almost done with this movie. Jesus fucking christ Snyder, are you for real with this shit? JUST MAKE TWO MOVIES.

This is by far the most interesting Superman movie yet. That may have something to do with how little Superman is actually in it. It's more about the impact of Superman than Superman himself. Affleck is fine as Bruce Wayne, I just have to keep reminding myself "that's Bruce Wayne."

The thing that annoys me about this movie, and a lot of movies really, is ho much could be solved with a simple conversation. "Hey Bruce, Lex is using us towards is own ends. Let's have a discussion." "Hey Superman, I'm investigating the circumstances surrounding the desert incident and I am finding a lot of ties to LexCorp. Something is going on!" And why in the world would anyone believe that Superman was involved in the explosion at the capitol? Involved in a plot with a bomber who was just on TV talking about how much he hated Superman? Give me a break.