Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Batman is alway going to be the cash cow for DC it's just too bad he's been shoehorned into a Batgod instead of a street level hero. He's just too interconnected to the comic book universe to remove that part of his appeal.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Batman's nanotech is sent by Ras Al Ghul into the Flash's brain, causing him to have thousands of seizures a second. Too bad Batman can't get a good firewall in the Batcave. I guess he wasn't prepared to be hacked.

rrr_img_70468.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually really like Big Daddy Wayne. Your relentless fanboyism is pretty entertaining too though.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It doesn't matter if Superman can punch at the speed of light, he's an unskilled lummox. It's already been established, Superman has close to no fighting skills at all, and Batman is the most feared meleer in the Galaxy.
Yes, it really does matter, since your nervous system doesn't ACTUALLY transmit information at the speed of light, in fact, it travels much, much slower (Not even .00001% of the speed of light). Which means, a being traveling at some %, greater than say, 1 (Yes even ONE percent relative to you) of the speed of lightwould no longer be perceptible, in "real" time, to your sensory information. Even if you had the fastest possible reflexes, according to the physical limitation of electrons traveling over the nervous system, someone moving at such a speed would appear to be in a different place than he actually was--and that's JUST sight, forget about ACTUALLY, physically, reacting to him. (All the rest of your senses, are slower than sight, by the way--so please none of this "Ninja sixth sense shit").

Not to mention, the force equivalent of his movement, would not only liquify you if you touched, but the heat generated from such speedy movements would probably burn you alive for JUST standing so close to him. How are you going to "melee" something that's over a couple thousand degrees? Ever see the space shuttle land? Yeah, imagine that but MUCH hotter. Your stance is ridiculous because comics are ridiculous. I can't even comprehend how you're trying to defend this point from a rational point of view--it's NOT possible.

Batman is possible because the writers constantly change the powers of those involved to appease their audience and make good stories. Please, don't defend it from "he's so unskilled, so his strength to move planets would lose to Batman's MMA styles"....Seriously. I'm not even sure if you can comprehend the forces we'd be talking about here--not only would batman not survive, most of the city where Superman threw his punch would probably be destroyed by the kinetic impact of an object decelerating from the speed of light. If you don't believe me, here--we've actually thought up weapons based on JUST speed andsome mass. These things will destroy a god damn bunker, and they will only go mach 10--superman's fist, at even1%of speed of light, would probably be equivalent to nuke going off.

How is Batman going to "melee" that? Does his fearsome karate chops bend the laws of physics? No? Then accept it's a stupid comic book convention because Batman is popular. Any character who is able to approach the speed of light, even a QUARTER of it, is so far beyond humanity that no human could ever stop him. Just the forces involved would vaporize our frail bodies.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude.....It's a comic book argument....
Batman fanboys get to me, what can I say? The sad part is, I love Batman. I just think he's great though as a detective vs psychos and such. It's just absurd when he's injected into story lines between people who destroy planets (Which, are absurd too, which is why I never read Superman comics).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yes, it really does matter, since your nervous system doesn't ACTUALLY transmit information at the speed of light, in fact, it travels much, much slower (Not even .00001% of the speed of light). Which means, a being traveling at some %, greater than say, 1 (Yes even ONE percent relative to you) of the speed of lightwould no longer be perceptible, in "real" time, to your sensory information. Even if you had the fastest possible reflexes, according to the physical limitation of electrons traveling over the nervous system, someone moving at such a speed would appear to be in a different place than he actually was--and that's JUST sight, forget about ACTUALLY, physically, reacting to him. (All the rest of your senses, are slower than sight, by the way--so please none of this "Ninja sixth sense shit").

Not to mention, the force equivalent of his movement, would not only liquify you if you touched, but the heat generated from such speedy movements would probably burn you alive for JUST standing so close to him. How are you going to "melee" something that's over a couple thousand degrees? Ever see the space shuttle land? Yeah, imagine that but MUCH hotter. Your stance is ridiculous because comics are ridiculous. I can't even comprehend how you're trying to defend this point from a rational point of view--it's NOT possible.

Batman is possible because the writers constantly change the powers of those involved to appease their audience and make good stories. Please, don't defend it from "he's so unskilled, so his strength to move planets would lose to Batman's MMA styles"....Seriously. I'm not even sure if you can comprehend the forces we'd be talking about here--not only would batman not survive, most of the city where Superman threw his punch would probably be destroyed by the kinetic impact of an object decelerating from the speed of light. If you don't believe me, here--we've actually thought up weapons based on JUST speed andsome mass. These things will destroy a god damn bunker, and they will only go mach 10--superman's fist, at even1%of speed of light, would probably be equivalent to nuke going off. (I'm not sure, I might be exaggerating, but it would be enough force to level a city block).

How is Batman going to "melee" that? Does his fearsome karate chops bend the laws of physics? No? Then accept it's a stupid comic book convention because Batman is popular. Any character who is able to approach the speed of light, even a QUARTER of it, is so far beyond humanity that no human could ever stop him. Just the forces involved would vaporize our frail bodies.
tl;dr version

lrN3rT2.jpg

Caliane

Batman is possible because the writers constantly change the powers of those involved to appease their audience and make good stories. Please, don't defend it from "he's so unskilled, so his strength to move planets would lose to Batman's MMA styles"....Seriously. I'm not even sure if you can comprehend the forces we'd be talking about here--not only would batman not survive, most of the city where Superman threw his punch would probably be destroyed by the kinetic impact of an object decelerating from the speed of light. If you don't believe me, here--we've actually thought up weapons based on JUST speed andsome mass. These things will destroy a god damn bunker, and they will only go mach 10--superman's fist, at even1%of speed of light, would probably be equivalent to nuke going off. (I'm not sure, I might be exaggerating, but it would be enough force to level a city block).

Superman is not even unskilled. The guy melees Darkside, stepphewulf, Desparo, Mongul, Zod, etc. he is literally trained in fighting in both superhuman, and human levels. Having super control over his body is part of his skillset. how do you think he pulls of clark Kent? or you know, "world of cardboard" The guy has a level of body and fine muscle control that makes Batman look like a fumbling retard.
Then there is things like x-ray vision and "I can see your soul". How do you out melee a guy that can see your heartbeat? see any weak bones, joints, etc?

Alot of the problem with these discussions is of course bad Authors. Like, your whole diatribe on how OP superspeed is. And really... it is. Xmen movie had that great scene with Quicksilver. and THAT was only like 900mph tops. I think we said about 70x normal speed? You can't even IMAGINE speed of light.
Then you have Deathstroke stabbing the Flash with a sword at superspeed.... One of the dumbest things ever to make it to print... But it did.
Batman or ANYONE just taking a ring off the finger of a Lantern. no... just no. Lantern rings are sentient. THEY choose the ringbearer. Forcefully removing a ring from a Lantern should be impossible.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yep, even at .01% the speed of light, it's enough to undergo nuclear fusion within the atmosphere. The actual fist striking something would produce more energy than the Hiroshima bomb (I'm obviously not a physicist, but I believe it would actually produce more energy than even our biggest nukes). In essence, it would be like slamming Batman's face into the surface of the sun.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

Batman is possible because the writers constantly change the powers of those involved to appease their audience and make good stories. Please, don't defend it from "he's so unskilled, so his strength to move planets would lose to Batman's MMA styles"....Seriously. I'm not even sure if you can comprehend the forces we'd be talking about here--not only would batman not survive, most of the city where Superman threw his punch would probably be destroyed by the kinetic impact of an object decelerating from the speed of light. If you don't believe me, here--we've actually thought up weapons based on JUST speed andsome mass. These things will destroy a god damn bunker, and they will only go mach 10--superman's fist, at even1%of speed of light, would probably be equivalent to nuke going off.

You just went full retard.

I am not going to argue comic cook physics with you. In college, I had a roommate who was a Physics major, and he'd read my comics collection and froth at the mouth. He wanted to argue with me about this guy's powers, or that guy's powers, and why it wouldn't work in real life. He sure spent a lot of time arguing with me about comics, you'd think if they were no good, he wouldn't have spent so much time reading them.

If you want to argue comic physics, you are not the type of nerd I want to talk to.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Superman rarely succeeds as a superhero in the modern age because of his god-like status. It's very hard to write a compelling problem set for a character who is essentially a god.

That doesn't change the fact that Batgod is a ruination of a character who is otherwise very approachable. That's why you look dumber as a bat fan boy. You are using the worst of the Batman stories for your argument.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, even at .01% the speed of light, it's enough to undergo nuclear fusion within the atmosphere. The actual fist striking something would produce more energy than the Hiroshima bomb (I'm obviously not a physicist, but I believe it would actually produce more energy than even our biggest nukes). In essence, it would be like slamming Batman's face into the surface of the sun.
So you don't believe it's realistic for Batman to dodge a punch from Superman, yet you believe it's realistic for someone to strike with the power of Hiroshima?

Newsflash: Kryptonians aren't real.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You just went full retard.

I am not going to argue comic cook physics with you. In college, I had a roommate who was a Physics major, and he'd read my comics collection and froth at the mouth. He wanted to argue with me about this guy's powers, or that guy's powers, and why it wouldn't work in real life. He sure spent a lot of time arguing with me about comics, you'd think if they were no good, he wouldn't have spent so much time reading them.

If you want to argue comic physics, you are not the type of nerd I want to talk to.
The conversation started based on realism, retard. What does "Realistic" mean to you?

Yeah, I'm just going to leave this right here as my #1 proof of why I can't stand the Cult of Batman. I don't begrudge anyone liking Batman, as I said I liked all the movies because it was just him. But just because someone chooses to write Batman defeating this guy, in hand-to-hand combat no less, who apparently has all the powers of Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, AND BATMAN HIMSELF,doesn't mean it is in any way realistic.
Realism isn't what is in comics, hence what I was illustrating. So Void, long and short, was right--and you need to shut up and admit "because I'm batman" is the reason why any of this shit happens, not because it in any way makes sense from a "realistic" point of view.