Battlebit

gauze

Molten Core Raider

This shit is so good. Proxy voip, drag downed teammates/enemies, destructible environments, 250? player servers.. currently biggest na is 135. Playtest started recently, and easy to get in but its a blast atm. Feels like a weird hybrid in terms of mechanic between battlefield and squad.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
OMG, I was just saying we needed something like Ravenfield but multiplayer. Gonna give it a go.

They are giving out access on Steam if you request access.

Hekotat

Holy shit this is fun, this is what Battlefield should have been. Going to be funny watching this outshine it!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Downloaded, will try to give it a try, at 1gb certainly doesn't intrude on my previous ssd room.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Servers don't seem to work for a lot of people. I can't connect to any game or see any server lobbies and according to their discord it's a pretty common issue with this latest iteration of the playtest.

Hekotat

Been playing all night with a few connection issues. Game is really fun, they do need to figure out the server issues, keybind issues and joining with friends and this is a winner.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I managed to connect. Game is pretty good, just had to restart a few times.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the server issue is probably the only real thing I have encountered, otherwise everything is pretty polished. Trying to get 3-5 people together in a server has been weird, but when we do get all the boys in.. its a good damn time.

Aside from what heko said, I think the only other thing I can think of that is problematic is vehicle, particularly the humvees tend to rubberband around a lot.. but its not like they're climbing walls and destroying infantry.

I do hope this game sticks, and gets Crossfire levels of success. I've had to convince a few friends to look past the roblox exterior for game mechanics.. throw up the whole argument that immersion isn't just high fidelity but sound gunplay and situational problems like a collapsing fucking building having to run down 4 flights of stairs and your friend jumps out the 4th floor.. while we are all screaming.

My first game the other day, my friend traded with another sniper.. yells at me to come revive him.. w/o hesitation I dragged his body off the roof.. we found it hilarious. Fast forward later into the night having learned this.. same map, different person.. yelling and roleplaying a downed solider.. dragged him off the roof too to only hear him go "wait what the fuck" as I dropped him off the ledge. 10 out of fucking 10 game play. Had another dude witness the whole thing literally dying in the mic.

Xevy

Log Wizard
ChocoTaco is playing it on stream right now, so that should help pump the player base up a bit. Hopefully their servers can handle an influx of players. PRETTY sure their auto matchmaking is complete shit as I was playing with EU and Russian and South American players nonstop when I connected to "lowest ping" games and when I check any of their individual servers it's like 130+ ping for me. Overall they did seem to have some decent server hosting if I actually got into a server I specifically selected. Had somewhere between 18 and 60ish ping for most US servers with some being 238 (Hawaii???) which is nuts when EU servers and fucking JAPAN have better latency for me than that.

Dragging bodies for rezzes is definitely an A+ feature. Also seeing where your team is and who they are 100% of the time is great. Friendly fire also seems to be off for everything but "hardcore" which they haven't enabled yet. No minimap kind of sucks and the Compass being at the bottom instead of the top is weird, but you get used to it. Having no health indicator is also really weird besides the amount of blood on your screen. There's some weird shit too like being able to pick up your/others spent magazines. Also noticeable is the complete lack of shotguns which I'd say COULD be a good thing, but pretty sure any gun 2-3 shots you instantly anyways at range so if you're crazy enough to rush might as well allow a pumper or something.

Throwing frags is the most baby-armed noodle toss shit I've seen in any game. Even a lvl 1 in Tarkov has more oomph than this game. That said, the frags when you land with them are brutal and it does feel really good somehow lobbing them inside of windows.

Hekotat

Chcotaco domed me point blank earlier with a sv98.

Game is really fun but some cracks are starting to show. 250 player conquest maps with one or two caps. Might as well just be tdm at this point. I hope they can expand thr map sizes and add more caps.

Also, fuck that valley map. It is incredibly one sided and a giant bowl. I haven't seen the US win on that one even once.

Hekotat

Servers down til April, I assume they can't afford to keep them open while they do dev work. They need to allow community servers and keep it going til launch. Going to be a rough 40 days, game was that good.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Servers down til April, I assume they can't afford to keep them open while they do dev work. They need to allow community servers and keep it going til launch. Going to be a rough 40 days, game was that good.
Fffff downloaded but didn't get a chance.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Chcotaco domed me point blank earlier with a sv98.

some cracks are starting to show. 250 player conquest maps with one or two caps. Might as well just be tdm at this point. I hope they can expand thr map sizes and add more caps.

Also, fuck that valley map. It is incredibly one sided and a giant bowl. I haven't seen the US win on that one even once.

Not sure your playstyle, but I started fucking around with building+recon.. valley had been a blast to just snipe down and keep your squad in the game and not running sim.. Started doing it on other maps, making some sort of fob outside of a point. At first I thought it was a engi only, but yeah idk? i'll either go recon or medic, but even as a support it would be pretty nuts cus I definitely run out of ammo on a streak.. imo supp need shotguns.. not a fan of the two guns atm, but they get an altyn. pretty interesting secondary attack/defend point.. I've had pretty decent success with randoms doing what was needed on their own due to the whole tugowar loop.

I imagine the amount of units per squad might need adjustment? on namak, engi + frag rpg7 was pretty broken.. hit right 3-5 kills a rocket, and you get 6? iirc.. just get a whole squad going nuts lol.. but other than that, vehicles seem pretty off.. humvees would be cool if they weren't so rubberband-y. I also can't wait for helicopters.. if they nail that.. gonna have to load some vietnam tracks.

also ended up in a server with exfil and zchum.. never found em but my friend got headshotted by exfil lol and its how we found out. on that note, their scoreboard is what I think the 2042 happy medium should have been. its not overtly in your face, but you can find your stats and other people stats with a little bit of effort.. also helps on the whole fact of server size.

strapped c4

Last edited:

Hekotat

I like to goof off with a bit of everything and really enjoy the red dot + bolt action, reminds me of BC2. But that's the problem with that map, it's just snipers and most the time I would die as soon as I would spawn in. That and there only being 1 cap point in the middle everyone is fighting over turned it into a clusterfuck that favors one side. Bowl maps are shit and will get worse when people learn how to camp them, just like in BFV. One tank/sniper can ruin the whole game.

I'd hate to see shotguns make it in this game, it's really fun as it is and it doesn't need cheap instakills with that many players.

The maps are just too small for that many players, I started playing 64 players at the end and it was just right with the 2/3 cap zones. If they can add 6-8 cap zones with 300 players it'll be fun. When you are playing 254 players with 1, 2 or 3 caps it's just a clusterfuck because the whole team is focusing on one objective. We kept getting conquest maps that were 1 cap and just noped out.

What was the difference in strapped C4 and regular C4?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Whenever I did cqb, it was fun on the map.. but I mostly pistoled. My main issue was more/less feeling like I don't have enough smokes or even nades.. not that they were bad but maybe if I went assault with a mini supp crate.. I normally played medic or engi there depending.. flushing out snipers on the top of the hill with a pistol was a great time.. often times the guys far away suck at hitting you.. so you're just hearing shots whizz around.. and you move fast as fuck with a pistol but yeah idk, I couldn't say I found one map personally upsetting.. just kinda evolve to what the game is doing is how i've kinda played.. only thing I didn't do was take an LMG somewhere and choke a lane.. literal free farm. I've had to swap to snipers a few times because the guy was in such a position he'd just freefire into a lane and decimate anything that came through.

Only map I found a struggle was a single point map? looked like it was the base of a nuclear smoke stack or something.. but I think with building.. maybe it'll be easier? idk.

I think the ttk is so short, I think it wouldn't be too much of a problem.. esp if they kind of go more tact shooter with it like limited distance and you're not doing what a lot of games have swapped to where you can buckshot someone from pretty far.. but who knows, I just know supp having only 2 guns is pretty unappealing to a lot of people. A properly supported supp infantry can decimate rooms due to his armor, i've medic'd for one a few times. Supports look pretty sweet with their altyn helmets and scorpion backpacks ngl though.

As far as map/server size, I honestly didn't pay too much attention.. we just joined servers. I want to say I joined servers that were 200 players, and after like 2 maps it ended up being 64.. but idk again didn't care to pay too much attention. unga bunga me shootie

strapped is you are the c4.. absolutely hilarious. I ran it with my pistol a lot when I would run out of ammo or know of a pack.. i just run up trying to talk to them and pull the c4 trigger.. I had a few incidences where they said they thought I was their teammate. Getting tanks/humvees were pretty hard, manage to only kill one tank but he was pretty low.. those bitches are fast. I was gonna try to do the drone/c4, but ended up unlocking the as-val, so my remaining time was trying it out.

Last edited:

Hekotat

Motherfucker, that explains why I was dying instantly. I didn't realize it was a suicide vest, lmfao. I thought maybe it was more geared towards vehicles since I didn't see a description.

They said they have 20 maps but only showed 6 for the test. I hope they open up modding for maps, that could really blow this one wide open. I'll definitely rent a server when this shit goes live.

I agree on needing more LMGs, and it's nice your run speed is based on weapon size. even though SMGs are underpowered you were so fast you could pull off some crazy flanks.

I always ran a supply crate on Support, Engineer and Assault, those fragmentation RPGs with the 245 player single cap maps could really rack up some kills and you could get a ton of points for just dropping the crate, most people would use the shit out of it.

Just talking about the game wants me to play it more. Such a fun and laid back game.

Hekotat

Hello everyone!

First of all, we would like to thank everyone who has joined our January and February playtests.
Over 700,000 of you have participated and even more of you await the chance to play for the first time!

We can't say enough how grateful we are for your support. As a development team of

(1 programmer, 1 modeler, 1 level designer)
, the transition from being relatively unknown & developing quietly, to such massive attention has been quite the task. We appreciate your patience and understanding of this journey for us all!

Through the playtests, albeit short in length, we have managed to obtain a lot of feedback and important data from our players. These tests have been instrumental in improving development of the game. We are currently hard at work adding highly requested features while smashing those pesky bugs that some players encountered during their gameplay. Not to mention various quality of life additions, further server improvements and weapon balancing.

78c828bcf1f7780cb1c006a3402452be98790f22.png

Our next public playtest will start on
APRIL 8th
and will be live until
APRIL 10th.

In the meantime, we are not restricting access to the playtest build, so even though you are not able to play in online servers, you can still load into the single-player shooting range and test out the weapons and customized attachments. So feel free to request access right now and jump in to get a feel for the game.

Find your local time below!

*click times to open website that will display your local time*
STARTS: April 8th - 6PM (GMT+3)
ENDS: April 10th - 6PM (GMT+3)

This is yet another step in our journey into paid Early Access later this year. If you would like to be in the loop for real-time news about game updates, as well as the overall status of playtests, we recommend you to join our Discord server by clicking here or follow us on Twitter. Request playtest access via Steam here, and be sure to check out our Patreon if you'd like to further support development and receive unique rewards!

Stay tuned for future communications, we'll have more to share closer the start date!
- The BattleBit Remastered Team

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I'm very excited for this. Battlefield went far too arcadey and lost the mil-sim lite aspects that made it great.

Hekotat

One more week, I plan on doing nothing else that weekend. Just hoping it launches soon after.