Battlebit

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wonder why it’s taking so long to come out

It's a team of like 3 guys and they found major issues with how the servers are displayed and "spin up" when demand is high. We had the same issue at the last play test, we couldn't even see the servers friends were on.

They figured out the issues with the servers 2 play tests ago that were rampant on the EU/Asia servers. Then the issue started affecting the US servers last weekend, this test will be the fix and I assume after this test we will probably get a weekend playtest or hopefully release.

They have a ton of updates weekly on what's going on. Lot's of re-works to make sure shit is working flawless in the background.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
As Heko said.. there was also some ddos at some point in the semi-random playtest. I've manage to get a few hours in for those 1-3hr play tests(usually 4am-5am cst), but they're rolling them out more consistently; so i'm assuming we're closer to beta/ea. I'm assuming after this one, we'll probably have one more scheduled play test weekend and then pushed into beta/ea; if all goes well.. but the play tests over the last 2 months have had progressive improvements.. aswell as a lot of map improvement/expansions.. and whenever they rolled vehicles out, they were working approperiately-ish.. aka not rubberbanding.

I think the map Heko hates, the one that is basically a valley has been extended and includes the nuclear silo map and a whole other portion. The one map with the bridge ended up getting balance changes with two bridges and more fortresses for infantry pushing. So there has been a bit of changes ontop of them figuring out whatever server issues are.. I haven't seen the namak city map or w/e in sometime though.. I think its probably fan favorite map, so its just not in the pool.. or receiving severe balance reworks because you pretty much roll engi and RPG everything.

Of the three guys though, its one guy who is responsible for the networking. I don't know the other guy, but Oki is the modeler. Often the face when it comes to streaming, and discord.. so yeah, you'll see him modeling weapons and skins on twitch occasionally while talking/ama'ing.

1656518933618.png

Here's the private key for the hidden play tests, but without someone on the tester group discord.. it'll be hard to know.. but the post above is from their public discord.. and i'm assuming that they're pushing for more and more public playtests.
1656519092975.png

Last edited:

Hekotat

That was a great playtest, looks like another next Saturday at the same time. Alot of good map changes and it felt crisp other than a 10-15 second lag moment at one point.

I feel like it has to be close to being in EA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Another playtest tomorrow morning, let me know if yall need the code.
I think they're working on smaller sized maps this time 32v32 trying to get map changes right.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Played a few of the play tests, game is so fucking good. So excited for it to come out.

• 1Like

Hekotat

They need to stop fucking around and launch. They were just talking about how they are having issues making enough money for play tests.

I worry they're gonna tank worrying too much about a good launch.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They need to stop fucking around and launch. They were just talking about how they are having issues making enough money for play tests.

I worry they're gonna tank worrying too much about a good launch.
Yeah pretty much this.

until they launch idgaf

Hekotat

They are doing testing almost everyday as they near launch. Had one last night and it's so much better than it was just a few months back.

Another test tonight at 8pm CST. No code necessary, just DL from Steam, I'd like to get a full group going so just hit me up if you see me.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They are doing testing almost everyday as they near launch. Had one last night and it's so much better than it was just a few months back.

Another test tonight at 8pm CST. No code necessary, just DL from Steam, I'd like to get a full group going so just hit me up if you see me.
Eta on release?

Hekotat

Another test ended, forgot to post. Alot of tests this week if you are looking for fun. All times in the SS are CST.

1672203986019.png